Cricket 24 - General Discussion

caprikaps

Club Captain
England v Pakistan
Little bit of fun messing with skills
Turning Deck AI Batting

That's a very well-put-together video, I must say. Good stuff!

What I've realized is that AI barely rotates the strike and mostly opts for lofted shots after 4 or 5 dot balls in an over, especially in ODIs. This pattern could be analyzed by examining the percentage of runs scored through boundaries. It appears that AI isn't evolving and is quite predictable.

Your video also aligns to that theory I guess.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
That's a very well-put-together video, I must say. Good stuff!

What I've realized is that AI barely rotates the strike and mostly opts for lofted shots after 4 or 5 dot balls in an over, especially in ODIs. This pattern could be analyzed by examining the percentage of runs scored through boundaries. It appears that AI isn't evolving and is quite predictable.

Your video also aligns to that theory I guess.

Haha actually I'm going to say it was the opposite.. so I have been spending hours messsing with skills. In that 203 there were:

No 6's and 12 4's

Lots of 2's into the deep and singles etc

If I can I'll get the wagon wheel later

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Haha actually I'm going to say it was the opposite.. so I have been spending hours messsing with skills. In that 203 there were:

No 6's and 12 4's

And share your teams please or skill settings!!

caprikaps

Club Captain

No 6's and 12 4's

could be custom AI Setting. Mind sharing AI difficulty with the specifics?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is the running/run-out issue steam only?

It seems ok for me on ps5

I’m actually having a hell of a test match right now

Maybe? I've put the game down for a while. I was getting nearly a runout an over. After a batsman would play a shot often they would just stand there out of their crease and get runout. Or they'd misjudge a single after hitting the ball straight to the fielder. I couldn't even be bothered restarting as I'd never complete a game.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Grassy medium pitch. England 88 (me) vs WI 88 (2nd test. WI 1-0 up)

WI score 289 in 86.2 overs, 2 run outs but they were the last 2 wickets and neither particularly ridiculous. Haynes scored 130, nobody else passed 30. Emburey took 1 wicket in 17 overs.

I scored 303 in 64 overs, Lamb batsman scored 119 and nobody else passed 30.

They’re 82-3 in 2nd inns, recovered from 32-3. No run outs.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just put fielding on semi assist and don't go for direct hits. At least until the run outs gets patched. I also delay my throws by a second to avoid the OP run outs. Makes the game playable for now.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi friends, got some time today. Can somebody tell me how is the latest patch in PS4? Can I update it wait for next patch?
If it is bugged with frustrating AI runouts or AI not running at all, I may stay away for time being.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Veteran
All Default
Apart from Timing at 60

@Dutch as a tester lower all batsmen skills just to 5 as a base and see how it goes.

I have gone in a bit more depth but give that a go. I'm out at the moment
So you lower every skill to 5 Steve smith for instance 99 judgement would now be 5 ? Very interesting you’d think that lowering to 5 would make them look like village cricketers but watching your video looks like fun gameplay

Users who are viewing this thread