Cricket 24 - General Discussion

B

Bigby Wolf

Straight drive and cover drives are non existent now after today's patch and fielder throws the ball facing the other side. Why can't they just quit fixing it and call it a day and move on? A proper testing isn't not possible at all during a patch up? So stupid of them.

@JNT BA please quit fixing anything for god's sake. Enough is enough
Well they are working fine for me atleast.

Infact they connect better than ever especially straight drives.

Staresblank

Club Captain
Anyone able to play the front foot drive against fast bowlers between cover and point fielder?

not able to play a single shot in that gap.
This has actually been a problem with the game since its been released, and it the same for the AI. This means ODI cricket is pretty broken because no one can find the offside gap for a single.

The AI rectifies this by hitting a 6 after nailing it to the cover fielder 5 times in a row.

The non existent cover point shots were in the beginning of C22 and DBC 17 but were rectified later on. Hopefully they can do the same.

USA

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone able to play the front foot drive against fast bowlers between cover and point fielder?

not able to play a single shot in that gap.
Not able to play off the back foot either. Nothing in the point region. Both off fast and spin.

niksopikso

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Cricket lovers are the real optimists. I have lost all hope of seeing the game, which I was expecting before the launch. There might be a relatively better game compared to the current state but nothing close to what was expected or should have been. Every week playing a game with a new set of bugs is not my cup of tea. My playtime drastically reduced in the last 10 days. Will pick it up if I read something positive. For all those who haven’t bought the game yet, you guys rock.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Before this is been impossible to take a wicket (other than the stupid run outs) but this is ridiculous.

I don't get how every patch breaks things that were better before.

View attachment 286831
Absolute cheating lazy garbage thats what that is. And they know it. And dont do anything about it. For at least two iterations of this game.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Cricket lovers are the real optimists. I have lost all hope of seeing the game, which I was expecting before the launch. There might be a relatively better game compared to the current state but nothing close to what was expected or should have been. Every week playing a game with a new set of bugs is not my cup of tea. My playtime drastically reduced in the last 10 days. Will pick it up if I read something positive. For all those who haven’t bought the game yet, you guys rock.
I didn’t buy 22 either. Too expensive without regional pricing

Ricky14

County Cricketer
I will be starting the tournament soon without the latest patch. I have individually assigned equipment to players, while I am playing the tournament and if I download the latest patch will that change equipment of the players I have assigned or the equipment will remain the same as I started the tournament before installing the patch?

Can anyone confirm?

caprikaps

Club Captain
Absolute cheating lazy garbage thats what that is. And they know it. And dont do anything about it. For at least two iterations of this game.
It's disheartening to witness the state of the game in disarray, and Ross on X expresses that it's utterly disrespectful to present it in such a condition. I fully agree with him that submitting tickets is the right course of action, but unfortunately, many of these issues remain unattended or broken for prolonged periods, leading to frustrated customers posting on X and tagging the BA team. It's important to note that the fault lies not with BA, but with us, as they recognize the market's monopolistic nature, and people are likely to buy incomplete games.

It's astonishing to observe certain YouTube channels promoting the game, citing it as a move in the right direction, while struggling in the same video to justify multiple new bugs introduced with recent patches. Fielding has been broken for four years with no near-term optimism in sight, considering the current state and the CEO's arrogance. It feels like we are pushing them to undertake tasks they either don't intend to or aren't capable of.

It's a sad state for a once-promising game, now being overshadowed by arrogance.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
It's disheartening to witness the state of the game in disarray, and Ross on X expresses that it's utterly disrespectful to present it in such a condition. I fully agree with him that submitting tickets is the right course of action, but unfortunately, many of these issues remain unattended or broken for prolonged periods, leading to frustrated customers posting on X and tagging the BA team. It's important to note that the fault lies not with BA, but with us, as they recognize the market's monopolistic nature, and people are likely to buy incomplete games.

It's astonishing to observe certain YouTube channels promoting the game, citing it as a move in the right direction, while struggling in the same video to justify multiple new bugs introduced with recent patches. Fielding has been broken for four years with no near-term optimism in sight, considering the current state and the CEO's arrogance. It feels like we are pushing them to undertake tasks they either don't intend to or aren't capable of.

It's a sad state for a once-promising game, now being overshadowed by arrogance.
I’ve blocked big ant and Ross on twitter felt satisfying before they could me which was coming. I only followed them for patch updates but they mean absolutely nothing anymore as the game is still a mess this long after release. A few weeks or maybe a month max you can cut some slack whilst things get ironed out but the state the game was released in was unforgivable with Xbox users unable to play for 3 weeks and then things start looking up but then they break things that were never broken before whilst claiming to fix other issues. It’s a shambles

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Makes you wonder what crazy pills the Community Embarrassment accounts are taking. You get the sense guys like Matt/JNT want the best for the game but are hamstrung by the ego of a colossal dickweed of a CEO and a publisher who don't give two shits about the product their studios actually release.

I'd love to see a full BTS documentary on how BAS develop their games and the post release support they give. Mostly just to see if staff are happy with the unfinished messes they churn out and how robust their QA isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread