Cricket 24 - General Discussion

caprikaps

Club Captain
@MattW @JNT BA Absolutely! Enhancing the game with elements like injuries, sledging, weather factors such as dew and wind direction, and ground-specific conditions could elevate cricket to new levels. Considering the numerous variables, from pitch conditions to subtle factors like air density affecting ball distance, cricket has vast potential for expansion ( according to me much more than football or NBA games)
Might as well address the fielding issues first; the rest can follow. Apparently, the fielding in C24 was 'completely overhauled', and we are still figuring out which part of it was changed.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Might as well address the fielding issues first; the rest can follow. Apparently, the fielding in C24 was 'completely overhauled', and we are still figuring out which part of it was changed.
To be fair to BA the fielding is way better than c22. The fielders are faster, throws are better and it's not easy to steal 1s and 2s anymore. But with the last patch they brought in a lot of issues where the fielding has taken a step back.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW @JNT BA Absolutely! Enhancing the game with elements like injuries, sledging, weather factors such as dew and wind direction, and ground-specific conditions could elevate cricket to new levels. Considering the numerous variables, from pitch conditions to subtle factors like air density affecting ball distance, cricket has vast potential for expansion ( according to me much more than football or NBA games)

All good points. But these guys cant even get fairly basic stuff right, like running between the wickets and pitch conditions right. Dew is a long way off. Id say we are still stuck in the late nineties as far as cricket games are concerned

caprikaps

Club Captain
To be fair to BA the fielding is way better than c22. The fielders are faster, throws are better and it's not easy to steal 1s and 2s anymore. But with the last patch they brought in a lot of issues where the fielding has taken a step back.
With all due respect, that still doesn't justify a fielding overhaul. Not to forget, the game has been out for over 7 weeks now, and the public is still essentially beta testing it. As much as I want to support them (being a BA supporter), requesting them to deliver what they promised at launch is not a huge ask. This is not their first cricket game. If it wasn't ready, they should have waited, especially after the horrendous C22 launch experience.

Week after week, I make plans to play exclusively on weekends, only to discover that something else has been broken with the new patch. Many of us are just a few more weeks away from eventually giving up on this.

OMGAvrilLavigne666

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I jumped into DBC 14 the other day and those pitches look incredible + add in wear over by over instead of day by day. Can we have those back please.

Jimbosheff

School Cricketer
I don't usually write anything on here but follow it with very keen interest ....I'm not a game developer or can even pretend to know what it intails ....but imo the game engine they use just can't deal with what there trying to do ....codemasters who produce the F1 games are or was a similar size to big ant expressed this the other day with all the next gen consoles ...so they have decided on a new engine

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The little working part.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'll be happy with just rain doing something at this point :)
They themselves call the game "The most realistic Cricket Game" but don't have the basics like rain stoppage, injuries, etc. I really don't understand why they took out the D/L method from the game. And yeah, I haven't seen proper overcast conditions in Cricket 24:yes

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
They themselves call the game "The most realistic Cricket Game" but don't have the basics like rain stoppage, injuries, etc. I really don't understand why they took out the D/L method from the game. And yeah, I haven't seen proper overcast conditions in Cricket 24:yes
You've probably answered your own question there. The absence of rain may be due to their inability to code in an accurate D/L calculator.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You've probably answered your own question there. The absence of rain may be due to their inability to code in an accurate D/L calculator.
I don't think so. They already had it in all other games before Cricket 22.

joeb86

Club Captain
I’m just annoyed that this patch went backwards TBH. For me, game was playing quite nicely before. It wasn’t working on steam, why roll out to consoles after?

I generally find their lack of comms outside of random Ross tweets a downfall of theirs. Just be honest and say what’s going on, make customers feel warmer about your product, it’s relatively basic stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread