Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Jimbosheff

School Cricketer
They actually were already there.. but it's luck of draw if you see it frequently or not
Hi sorry if this already asked but can you change batting and bowling styles in licensed players everybody is either steve smith or standard ....lol

Hester

County Cricketer
Hi sorry if this already asked but can you change batting and bowling styles in licensed players everybody is either steve smith or standard ....lol
As an aside, I don't even think the steve smith style looks anything like him. Bending your knees and sticking your arse out is not how he bats.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’m glad they’re making improvements but how backwards is the gaming industry now?

BA released the same game and are making a new one via patches.

Cities Skylines 2 literally released half of the promised content at 20FPS because they knew that they could. And guess what, if they released a third game everyone would buy that too.

The games industry is now worth far more than the movie industry, and publishers and devs all know this. They can release what they want, when they want, and they will make money.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
One thing I wish could be sorted is the AI triggering the leave animation as soon as the ball leaves the hands
Yeah it does seem as if line and length offers absolutely no challenge to the AI. I've bowled 96mph rockets, out-swinging deliveries, starting outside leg and missing off stump by millimetres (so basically an unplayable delivery) and the batsman just leaves like I've sent a wide down at 70mph.

I get that it's a difficult balance because that's the ultimate aim as a fast bowler in real life whereas in C24 if you really want you can bowl that same jaffa every single time so you'd end up getting the AI all out for 0 if they played that particular delivery as it would be played in real life. But there doesn't seem to be any reward for good bowling at times.

Mrp

Club Captain
Anyone having issues with the foot movement not replicating what your thumbs are doing on the joypad?! Try and play a late cut for example and the batter makes an animation trying to hit it to fine leg! Also defending against spinners is impossible as i can never get them to play the line of the ball !!

EDIT : Using pro controls and dynamic camera

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anyone having issues with the foot movement not replicating what your thumbs are doing on the joypad?! Try and play a late cut for example and the batter makes an animation trying to hit it to fine leg! Also defending against spinners is impossible as i can never get them to play the line of the ball !!

I think I’ve seen a couple of comments on here about foot movement to spinners, I have just been bowled twice where foot movements look odd , I’m now either not playing defensively against spinners or exaggerating my foot movements to offside to negate the weird animation that gets me bowled , this is on PS4

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
All these issues mentioned in the last few posts seem to be what was and is present in Cricket 19. :facepalm

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
All these issues mentioned in the last few posts seem to be what was and is present in Cricket 19. :facepalm
Yep I remember having to step away from that game as it drove me nuts with the weird getting bowled to spinners animation , but ended up enjoying it more that this version or C22

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)

I think I’ve seen a couple of comments on here about foot movement to spinners, I have just been bowled twice where foot movements look odd , I’m now either not playing defensively against spinners or exaggerating my foot movements to offside to negate the weird animation that gets me bowled , this is on PS4

Yes and yes. I thought it was a combination of my fat thumbs and a turning pitch but it's happened a few times where I think I'm defending straight but the player defends almost to midwicket and I get bowled.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've had five runouts in an hour with the ball being thrown back to the keeper, the batsman being out of their ground after playing a shot, and getting run out. This is such a good build, can we sort out this run out stuff once and for all?

Hester

County Cricketer
I've had five runouts in an hour with the ball being thrown back to the keeper, the batsman being out of their ground after playing a shot, and getting run out. This is such a good build, can we sort out this run out stuff once and for all?
Are they AI run outs or your own?

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Did anyone observe that New batsman going to nonstriker after a wicket. This exists in previous patch as well. After a batsman getting out like bowled, keeper catches, lbw etc new batsman coming at nonstriker end instead of striker end. Refer the screenshot where previous batsman got out bowled and the new batsman shami came at non striker end. Note that i did not even try to run when the previous batsman got out. This is happening a lot of times. I tested this in one days and not sure if its happening in tests as well.
a495762a-4552-47be-8b7c-bfa4c6a5ea63.png

I would be happy if they also fix the new rule that new batsman has to be on striker end for catch outs even when the batsman cross.

Mrp

Club Captain
Did anyone observe that New batsman going to nonstriker after a wicket. This exists in previous patch as well. After a batsman getting out like bowled, keeper catches, lbw etc new batsman coming at nonstriker end instead of striker end. Refer the screenshot where previous batsman got out bowled and the new batsman shami came at non striker end. Note that i did not even try to run when the previous batsman got out. This is happening a lot of times. I tested this in one days and not sure if its happening in tests as well.
View attachment 287294

I would be happy if they also fix the new rule that new batsman has to be on striker end for catch outs even when the batsman cross.
Same happening for me.

Hester

County Cricketer
AI runouts
Well, that's a bummer... I thought we'd seen the last of that
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 287294

Yeah, I've seen this. Just another thing that Bigant has got backwards! :D

Users who are viewing this thread