Cricket 24 - General Discussion

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I need to play few more test matches to come to a solid conclusion, but it does feel that bowling with Seamers has again been nerfed. I was getting loads of play and misses, realistic close calls and dismissals on Green pitches on the previous patch. However, in the last 3 matches that I played, frequency all those close calls and dismissals have been reduced by a lot. Once again it feels like a wicket or close call will only happen when the AI thinks it is time for that rather as a result of tight bowling.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I need to play few more test matches to come to a solid conclusion, but it does feel that bowling with Seamers has again been nerfed. I was getting loads of play and misses, realistic close calls and dismissals on Green pitches on the previous patch. However, in the last 3 matches that I played, frequency all those close calls and dismissals have been reduced by a lot. Once again it feels like a wicket or close call will only happen when the AI thinks it is time for that rather as a result of tight bowling.
What teams are you playing with ?

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW @JNT BA
Could you please look at this issue, it’s very annoying.

Please resolve this issue, thanks!
The keeper is a superman here
Same happened to the offside, he could catch the way offside ones.

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Going to go through some stuff at weekend. In my Aus v Pakistan series
Thanks mate any advice be appreciated especially the striker timing situation I’m reading conflicting stuff I’ve always set it low if changed at all

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well, for what it's worth I have been bowling as both teams (I don't like batting). Everything on default, hardest difficulty. Waste's default teams, no changes. Since the last decent patch, and this current one.

Eng v Aus - Green, medium
RSA v Pak - Green, dry, hard.
Ind v NZ - Dusty, very soft.

Tests seem okay, but I'm playing some ODI's and the top order always seem to get themselves out very cheaply while the middle and lower order slog and prosper, every time. Will play some more.20231128064143_1.jpg20231201202842_1.jpg20231205092529_1.jpg

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
@MattW @JNT BA

Until there is no right tweak , don't play against spinners.

noys390

County Cricketer
@MattW @JNT BA

I am telling this from last couple of patches to fix this idiotic keeper (who is able to catch anything from short-gully to short-sq-leg). At the moment you cannot hit any shot behind square on spin bowling without taking a huge risk. This super human keeper is one of the contributing factor of spin being over-powered (for those asking for different a slider in spin wicket chance). These BAnt people have turned a deaf ear to the community. I don't know who prefers a better jersey or playface when the gameplay itself has such glaring gaps.

Last edited:

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am telling this from last couple of patches to fix this idiotic keeper (who is able to catch anything from short-gully to short-sq-leg). At the moment you cannot hit any shot behind square on spin bowling without taking a huge risk. This super human keeper is one of the contributing factor of spin being over-powered (for those asking for different a slider in spin wicket chance). These BAnt people have turned a deaf ear to the community. I don't know who prefers a better jersey or playface when the gameplay itself has such glaring gaps.
Is this also true for the short leg fielder? in 22 they catch rockets without flinching

Hester

County Cricketer
Well, for what it's worth I have been bowling as both teams (I don't like batting). Everything on default, hardest difficulty. Waste's default teams, no changes. Since the last decent patch, and this current one.

Eng v Aus - Green, medium
RSA v Pak - Green, dry, hard.
Ind v NZ - Dusty, very soft.

Tests seem okay, but I'm playing some ODI's and the top order always seem to get themselves out very cheaply while the middle and lower order slog and prosper, every time. Will play some more.View attachment 287927View attachment 287928View attachment 287929
So, AI 2nd innings are producing way more runs. So it's not just me. I thought this would be fixed by now as it's been in the games since Ashes Cricket.

Hester

County Cricketer
Is this also true for the short leg fielder? in 22 they catch rockets without flinching
Yes. If you put a short leg fielder in, even when pace bowling, the AI batters totally break. They do all these weird, forward defensice shots that result in bat pads and bat boot dismissals. Defensive shots that they just won't make when without a short leg in place. And yes, the short leg fielder will catch missiles at any height.

Mrp

Club Captain
Still can't play proper defensive shots to spinners and the super human WK is so annoying.

If they can fix (or at least acknowledge they exist) these two issues, the game would be in great condition !

So frustrating.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yes. If you put a short leg fielder in, even when pace bowling, the AI batters totally break. They do all these weird, forward defensice shots that result in bat pads and bat boot dismissals. Defensive shots that they just won't make when without a short leg in place. And yes, the short leg fielder will catch missiles at any height.
And nobody on the BA team will make an effort to look deeper into this . There are so many Youtubers they can watch if they don't really know what the community is talking about. Pure laziness from them. OP wicket keeper and OP short leg, zombie boundary fielder. All we need now is a deep third man that can jump 6 meters into the air to take catches.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
And nobody on the BA team will make an effort to look deeper into this . There are so many Youtubers they can watch if they don't really know what the community is talking about. Pure laziness from them. OP wicket keeper and OP short leg, zombie boundary fielder. All we need now is a deep third man that can jump 6 meters into the air to take catches.
Ooo nice idea! can we have that please!! I still don't get the cant play block shots to spinners, I seem to be able to do it.... what platform? Im on PS5.... how late do you play the shot? before ball pitches, as the ball pitches or after?

Users who are viewing this thread