Cricket Academy PC Troubleshooting

Nack

Club Captain
anyone had any trouble using ps3 controller with motionjoy on a windows 10 machine?

the controller works fine even on the academy itself, going left/right or up and down. but the sticks don't work once I start the SCG practice (I have not tried normal nets yet)

I'm using a PS3 controller on Windows 10. As @funnyadit mentioned, DS3 seems to work better on Windows 10. I was having problems with it occasionally (including everything but the sticks working) but once I started doing the following process it has been working every time.

1. Open DS3 (before opening DBC17)

2. Select 'Xbox 360 Controller Emulator' (rather than 'Playstation 3'). This will stay default every time you open it from then on, so this step is only relevant for the first time.

3. Open 'Game Controller Panel'

4. Do nothing -- just click OK to close the window again

5. Open DBC17 and enjoy!

As I said, this works for me every time, it may work for you without every step, or it may not -- Windows is a capricious beast. Good luck.

Edit: You will of course have to load the drivers and such the first time, too.

Last edited:

Shaharyar

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
upload_2016-10-15_1-58-10-png.174057

Showing me this error when i am lauching the academy version. Anyone know why??

P.S. I am using 32.bit windows 10 and my graphic card is Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 with 1gb memory. Can anyone help?? @MattW

thewhiterose

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

P.S. I am using 32.bit windows 10 and my graphic card is Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 with 1gb memory. Can anyone help?? @MattW

DBC17 has to be on 64bit unless I'm mistaken?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

With that bold part DBC wont run & yes like as @thewhiterose mentioned it requires 64 bit

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Whenever I open the Academy just a Black Screen appears.I had the same problem with DBC 2014 Academy.After some extensive research and help of some experts from NASA we have deduced that my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements.
So please fix this issue ASAP by sending me a new PC.

;)

Kmillz98

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
When i try to play training on the ground it crashes. It also crashes when i open the team manager.

Attachments

• Don Bradman Cricket 17.rar
    398.3 KB · Views: 195

mearsalan93

School Cricketer
This thread's for any problems you have running the Cricket Academy on your PC.

Basic troubleshooting steps:

Verify Integrity of Game Cache -
In the main Steam window, right click the 'Don Bradman Cricket 17 Demo' in your game list, and select properties.

From there, select the Local Files tab and click the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' button.

This will check your Academy install and redownload any incomplete or missing files.

Update your graphics card drivers -
Make sure your machine is using the best available graphics card drivers - the default ones installed by Windows are often insufficient for good performance. Where you need to go will depend on your graphics card manufacturer.

For ATI/AMD: Download Drivers
For NVIDIA: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
For Intel: Drivers & Software

If you don't know your card type, tools such as GPU-Z can detect it for you.

Getting support:

After you have done the steps above, and you're still having problems, sending us your save folder can assist in figuring out your problem.

Send us your save folder by adding the 'Don Bradman Cricket 17' folder from your 'My Games' folder in My Documents (typically C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 17) to a zip file and attaching it to this thread.

You can zip the folder by right clicking it, selecting 'Send to' and choosing 'Compressed (zipped) folder'. Then drag and drop that to where you type in replies on the forum to upload it.

If you do not have a save folder, that will mean the game has never successfully launched. To troubleshoot in this case - run dxdiag and attach the output to the thread. In most cases this will be because you do not meet the minimum system requirements for running the game.

Attachments

• Don Bradman Cricket 17.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 197

Nishit Naik

Club Captain
This thread's for any problems you have running the Cricket Academy on your PC.
Attaching my Cricket 17 Zip file for problem of Cricket academy crash to desktop. Please help me out.

Basic troubleshooting steps:

Verify Integrity of Game Cache -
In the main Steam window, right click the 'Don Bradman Cricket 17 Demo' in your game list, and select properties.

From there, select the Local Files tab and click the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' button.

This will check your Academy install and redownload any incomplete or missing files.

Update your graphics card drivers -
Make sure your machine is using the best available graphics card drivers - the default ones installed by Windows are often insufficient for good performance. Where you need to go will depend on your graphics card manufacturer.

For ATI/AMD: Download Drivers
For NVIDIA: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
For Intel: Drivers & Software

If you don't know your card type, tools such as GPU-Z can detect it for you.

Getting support:

After you have done the steps above, and you're still having problems, sending us your save folder can assist in figuring out your problem.

Send us your save folder by adding the 'Don Bradman Cricket 17' folder from your 'My Games' folder in My Documents (typically C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 17) to a zip file and attaching it to this thread.

You can zip the folder by right clicking it, selecting 'Send to' and choosing 'Compressed (zipped) folder'. Then drag and drop that to where you type in replies on the forum to upload it.

If you do not have a save folder, that will mean the game has never successfully launched. To troubleshoot in this case - run dxdiag and attach the output to the thread. In most cases this will be because you do not meet the minimum system requirements for running the game.

Attachments

148.7 KB · Views: 204
    148.7 KB · Views: 185

tharikhan

School Cricketer
Hi MattW

Can't I download from Don Bradman Cricket 2014 form? Is there any procedure to fallow

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
upload_2016-11-6_11-54-10.png

Got this thing, though re selecting the same fixed it. And secondly you can see the ESPN and Coke logos; I've tried making them in the Logo creator and was unable to place the correctly and how to customize their adboards to have a no whites.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'm using a PS3 controller on Windows 10. As @funnyadit mentioned, DS3 seems to work better on Windows 10. I was having problems with it occasionally (including everything but the sticks working) but once I started doing the following process it has been working every time.

1. Open DS3 (before opening DBC17)

2. Select 'Xbox 360 Controller Emulator' (rather than 'Playstation 3'). This will stay default every time you open it from then on, so this step is only relevant for the first time.

3. Open 'Game Controller Panel'

4. Do nothing -- just click OK to close the window again

5. Open DBC17 and enjoy!

As I said, this works for me every time, it may work for you without every step, or it may not -- Windows is a capricious beast. Good luck.

Edit: You will of course have to load the drivers and such the first time, too.

thank you. sadly it did not work for me.

anyways, so i switched to my old pc controller. the logitech dulashock rumblepad 2 (wireless). menu and everything works fine. so does in the game. but every 20 seconds or so (it can be anything from 5 seconds to a minute) game loses connection with the controller and says "connection lost to controller 7, press Y to reconnect". Not sure what the issue is. like I said, it works fine in menus without any issues or disconnect.

Edit: Never mind. tried again and the ps3 controller works

Last edited:

ukkm

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

anyways, so i switched to my old pc controller. the logitech dulashock rumblepad 2 (wireless). menu and everything works fine. so does in the game. but every 20 seconds or so (it can be anything from 5 seconds to a minute) game loses connection with the controller and says "connection lost to controller 7, press Y to reconnect". Not sure what the issue is. like I said, it works fine in menus without any issues or disconnect.

I m also facing controller connection lost issue dint know whats the problem

jay godhani

Club Cricketer

exactly same issue controller disconnect ,"connection lost to controller 7, press y to connect"

i fixed this issue by using "xbox360ce emulator" but after re installation of due to academy update crash,now i cant set xbox360ce successfully with game.

if i will set it, i will post xbox360ce emulator with description.

Users who are viewing this thread