Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtkz

Game Developer
lol, but the ground at Rajkot, Gujarat(:p) have a boundary distance of about 60m, where 400 was scored in an ODI match.And as you know that the likes of Pollard have hitted sixes around 102m(:p), and I would be more than happy to do the same in the game.:PAnd ATM every ground is of same size and structure and thus there's no uniqueness in any of the stadiums.You can make them unique by making small and big ground according to their real specifications.You can even make different pitches for different stadiums(wet, dry, green, etc.).And the bounce, spin, etc. depends on the pitch you are playing on.You can give all this info(like if this pitch is wet,dry,etc., if this pitch has bounce, spin,etc., if this pitch will support bowlers or batsman, etc, etc) in the stadium selection window.

All the grounds in the game are different - some have very similar boundary sizes though. I've tweaked the maximum distance on sixes though, so it should be possible to hit 100m sixes now. Also, all grounds have different weather conditions and pitch attributes. If you look very closely, you'll notice that South African pitches get very little spin, moderate swing and lots of seam movement, whereas Asian pitches get a lot more turn, little swing and moderate seam movement. It's all in the game already :) The weather conditions also affect the ball movement - if it's very hot, you'll have lots of swing early, but very little later as the moisture evaporates. Also, if it's very hot, the pitch will dry out and there'll be more spin as the game goes on.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Meet: Aaah, I see what you're saying - you want a summary window detailing the pitch and conditions when you select the venue? No problem, will add it to the next update :)

Keep the feedback coming guys, I'm trying to make all the changes you suggest.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
So how will you know that what a particular part of the psd is about?
Anyways I have divided the psd's into many groups in which you disable the one which includes text.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtkz
4. It's not intentional, it's probably just hitting the splice or you're getting a top/leading edge .
If it isn't than 90% of times I press the button twice the sot is a lofted one.
Also answer to these.
And also whats the size of those umpire's signals?
And any chance for you to make different outfields for different grounds?
And are the batsman stats are being stored(their stats in real).Just show it when a new batsman arrives and add the scores which they score in game.Also provide a default option which again makes it to their original stats.When I say this I know its too difficult to put in but is it possible for you to implement their current averages(from cricinfo), when we press update button.Also show these stats when a new batsman/bowler is too be selected.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Meet: The psd's with text layers are fine, but to get the graphics into the game, you need to remove the drop shadows please...

1. All the umpire signals are 64x64 pixels.

2. Do you mean the pattern on the outfield? At the moment, there's 3 patterns I think - plain, checkerboard and diamond. Are there any more that you can think of?

3. That's a good idea - the bastman/bowler stats are not being stored at the moment, but I'll definitely add that in the next update (possibly...)

I'm going to try to release a new update tomorrow guys - so if there's anything urgent you'd like to see in that, you're going to need get me those ideas ASAP :)

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
1. All the umpire signals are 64x64 pixels.
Is that the reason for LQ umpire signals when its executed in the game?
2. Do you mean the pattern on the outfield? At the moment, there's 3 patterns I think - plain, checkerboard and diamond. Are there any more that you can think of?
Yeah, Circles, striped, etc are the other ones.:)

----------

The psd's with text layers are fine, but to get the graphics into the game,
I hope you will be able to put in those bat and bowl scorecards.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Looks like the game has been progressing nicely again. I'd love to see the referral system brought into play, it's always hard to call LBW's on height though as you can't really tell how high the ball is, only where it bounces and then you just have to assume how high it bounced.

I'll start testing again after your next update, (Could you just upload the whole folder so that I'm not missing anything at all from previous updates since I think I missed a few.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
@hedger-You can find it in the first post.
Here's a view at the scorebar.I hope its better than the current one.
attachment.php

Attachments

• scorebar copy.png
    scorebar copy.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 109

Agrim

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
heyy kurtkz i would love to test the game too now that i am free from my examz!

kurtkz

Game Developer
@hedger-You can find it in the first post.
Here's a view at the scorebar.I hope its better than the current one.
attachment.php

Hey Meet,

that looks good - can you send me the .psd please? I also need a bar for no-balls, wides and free hits please. Maybe PM me the files as attachments?

Cheers
Kurt

----------

Let it be same for every country.

I can do that, but don't games/TV recolour the bars for the different teams? So SA will have green bars and India will have light blue ones?

----------

heyy kurtkz i would love to test the game too now that i am free from my examz!

Sure, you can grab the existing version from the 1st post or you can wait for the update that will hopefully be released today. Give me some feedback, criticism or suggestions and I'll PM you a beta testers key :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread