Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, new patch is up -

- fixed crash when script is not available
- fixed freezing bug when viewing stats during an inning break

Cheers
K

Thanks DM, it looks like my internet host uploaded an old version of my game service :facepalm I'll sort that out and the options skipping out ASAP.

What should that screenshot look like though? For 1024x768, it looks right to me?

EDIT: Or are you looking at the aspect ratio (16:9) and not the window size?

No I just changed the res in the ingame options. I managed to fix it by clicking the reset options in the launcher and then tweaking those values. The width should have been almost the entire width of the screen, 1024x768 is rectangular not square

Is anyone else able to start a new career? Every time I try it comes up with a busy screen and then freezes

Can we be able to order by bat/bowl skill in the squad select?

There are also a number of players in the database twice for Australia that I've noticed

I just tried to play an exhibition OD game as Australia against Zimbabwe.

All the Australian players were black.

The Australian kit was brown

The lag was atrocious

Bowling has changed and I know have no idea what to do

Hi @kurtkz
Thanks for fixing Team Roster error.
Selecting Slogger , Finisher from roster editor is crashing the game if a player involved during the sim has these attributes.

RUN @ 24/09/2014 17:40:46

VERSION: 2.712
PROFILE: jeetu
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

MESSAGE: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

STACK TRACE: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.PlayerDescription.get_Timing() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\PlayerDescription.cs:line 2470
at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateEndOfMatch.cs:line 3200
at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateEndOfMatch.cs:line 1492
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 20360
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 5344

@jeetu: I'm on it :)

@DM: Does the colour, kit & lag problem happen every time you play now?

For bowling:

1. set the seam position (rotate the ball with A/D, W/S) - this determines seam/swing/spin
2. set the ball position in the hand (higher is faster, lower is back of the hand, hence, slower)

The rest of the bowling procedure is the same as before. I'm really not sure what I should do about the bowling. I'm trying to go semi-realistic, but it feels clunky. So if you have any suggestions I'm happy to hear it :)

Just tried installing the full Mac version available on your site. On loading it asked me to update to latest version which I did. After that, when I start the game, I get a crash:

RUN @ 25/09/2014 00:44:12

VERSION: 2.712
PROFILE: N/A
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Resources.Fonts.Font.DrawString(Single x, Single y, String str, Int32 dummy) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Font\Font.cs:line 258
at Cricket.Main.Game.UpdateBar(Int32 i, Int32 j, String msg, Boolean render) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 1527
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4893

Hmm, looks like it's struggling with the new font engine :( I'll test it out tomorrow on my Mac. Hopefully I'll have a new patch tomorrow night.

Reactions: Pat
@kurtkz Most of the things look fine. Got some errors after playing 4-5 matches. But Test matches are really slow to simulate. They take ages to complete. Mostly it takes time when an innings is finished and the other innings start. How to make it fast.

To be honest, simulation is the biggest pain point in CH and one of the main reasons I stopped playing the game :) I would suggest when you are sitting down to chalk a road-map for future of CH, you should put "simulation engine" very high up in the list of new features. That and if you can copy the bowling controls from DBC. After playing DBC, bowling in all cricket games feels very last-gen :)

Hehe, this is true, Pat. Is it the speed of the simulation that's an issue? That's been my biggest problem sorting out.

EDIT: Also, anyone care to give me a breakdown of how bowling works in DBC?

Last edited:
@kurtkz I can always make a little video of it with screenshots of the manual... or I can just send you the manual :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread