Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Ireland Scored 90/2 in 20 overs
Netherlands Scored 89/1 in 20 overs
I haven't simulate, though this score makes me post it.:PAnd I remember him saying the same before.
Still I will try out and confirm.

----------

Ireland Scored 90/2 in 20 overs
Netherlands Scored 89/1 in 20 overs
I haven't simulate, though this score makes me post it.:PAnd I remember him saying the same before.
Still I will try out and confirm.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Meet: That's the 1st innings from a split-innings ODI that harshshah played (not simulated). If you try to simulate you should see decent scores. It'll be even more accurate in the next update and will include full statistics and (hopefully) better commentary.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hi everyone,

OK, so hedger and Meet have contacted me about the commentary and I figured I should probably explain what I need to the community :)

The new commentary system isn't in place just yet, but I was thinking of something along the following lines:

- commentary is based on phrases that are stitched together
- each comment will be in the following form:

<over.ball> : <description of ball>. <description of shot>. <description of fielding>. <result>

For the description of the ball, it would be broken up as follows:

<description of ball> = <bowler> delivers a <description of speed/flight> <type of ball> on <line> and <length>. <special phrase to describe e.g. an offie that grips, turns and bounces>.

e.g. J Botha delivers a flighted off break on middle and off. It grips and turns from the rough.

<description of shot> = <batsman> <description of timing> the ball <description of where the ball is going>.

e.g. M. Clarke hammers the ball through the extra-cover region.

<description of fielding> = <fielder> <description of what he's doing>.

e.g. AB de Villiers chases after it and puts in the dive but can't reach it.

<result> = 1/2/3/4/6/no ball, etc.

e.g. FOUR.

Put it all together and this is what a typical comment would look like:

56.2: J Botha delivers a flighted off break on middle and off. It grips and turns from the rough. M. Clarke hammers the ball through the extra-cover region. AB de Villiers chases after it and puts in the dive but can't reach it. FOUR

So, after all that, I'm basically looking to build a long list of these phrases so that the commentary doesn't get boring.

And that's where you guys come in...if you'd like to contribute to this list of phrases, please PM your suggestions and I'll format it and add it to the list.

Cheers
Kurt

kurtkz

Game Developer
@sunsamrat1980: It's only compatible with Win 7 32bit at the moment - there seems to be an incompatibility between 64bit and one of the libraries I'm using. This will be fixed but I unfortunately can't give you a definite date.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Really played and played this game 1000 times :D

No errors and loved!! Although will be honest and found few errors but that's fine!!

kurtkz

Game Developer
@rahulkhush: Thanks for the kind words - more fixes and features are coming soon. In the meantime could you post the errors you found here please?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yes I will post the errors I encountered have saved in a txt file and will post it :)

Zohaib

Club Cricketer
Mate is there something you need to download to make it faster , I find it very laggy and the gameplay is Fast.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Zohaib: You can either download a tool like Sisoft Sandra that will give you comprehensive information or you can go Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Information :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread