Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Pat: Thanks for the feedback. I'll fix all those issues and try to release on Monday :)

Regarding the camera, should the camera wait for the ball to leave the pitch before switching? How do the other games do it?

dmpcs

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Display problem

after about 10 balls during 1st innings of an exhibition 20-20 game, the screen goes black apart from one small line.

Attachments

• heroes.JPG
    heroes.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 6

kurtkz

Game Developer
@dmpcs: Are you using Intel gfx by any chance?

EDIT: If you are, run the Launcher and make sure that the Intel Fix is checked. That should fix the issue.

Last edited:

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Pat: Thanks for the feedback. I'll fix all those issues and try to release on Monday :)

Regarding the camera, should the camera wait for the ball to leave the pitch before switching? How do the other games do it?

Talking about IC 2010, the camera switches only if the ball leaves the pitch area and follows it closely.

If you have time, please watch the first 5 minutes (first over) of this video. It shows 3-4 different possible scenarios for camera switching. International Cricket 2010 | PS3 | Gameplay | England vs Australia - YouTube

Some other points:

1. Since you have move the HUD elements (like batsman and bowler name/stats), some other batting aids come up on top of the HUD. E.g. the timing indicator comes up on top of batsman name/stats HUD. I liked the earlier way HUD was displayed (right on top of the players). Also, is the non-striker HUD removed?

2. Am I missing something or you removed the batsman running between the wickets section of the HUD which shows the players running in real time? I really miss that since it has become difficult to make "run or not" judgement calls.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Pat: Thanks for the links, I'll take a look and see what I can do...

Yeah, I removed the pitch view to make some space - what should I do in this regard? Should the field view fade out and the pitch view fade in? Or should the pitch on the field view just zoom in?

I'll move the other indicators around too - it completely slipped my mind.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Pat: Thanks for the links, I'll take a look and see what I can do...

Yeah, I removed the pitch view to make some space - what should I do in this regard? Should the field view fade out and the pitch view fade in? Or should the pitch on the field view just zoom in?

I'll move the other indicators around too - it completely slipped my mind.

I think you will have to keep the field view as is since it is important to show where the fielders are too. I think bottom left (like it was earlier) should be good enough for pitch view.

dmpcs

School Cricketer
latest crash

loading a new exhibition game on a different PC, chose opening bowler and pressed OK, then it just shut down:

RUN @ 15/12/2012 19:45:11

VERSION: 2.02
PROFILE: ok

MESSAGE: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

STACK TRACE: at Tao.OpenGl.Delegates.BindFramebufferEXT.Invoke(Int32 target, Int32 framebuffer)
at Tao.OpenGl.Gl.glBindFramebufferEXT(Int32 target, Int32 framebuffer)
at Utility.Graphics.OpenGL.StartFBO(Int32 idx) in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Utility\Graphics\OpenGL.cs:line 244
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio) in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 8952
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 11218
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 2965

dmpcs

School Cricketer
another bug - starting the first ball of an exhibition using the launcher:

RUN @ 16/12/2012 03:06:56

VERSION: 2.0
PROFILE: dqn

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at GameEngine.Resources.Sound.SoundManager.Update(Single ratio) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Sound\SoundManager.cs:line 526
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 11294
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 2953

----------

and again - game doesn't even load

RUN @ 16/12/2012 03:09:57

PROFILE: N/A

STACK TRACE: at Tao.OpenGl.Gl.glCreateShaderObjectARB(Int32 shaderType)
at Resources.Textures.Shader..ctor(String vertex, String fragment) in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Texture\Texture.cs:line 62
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance..ctor() in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 6048
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 2920

sorry scratch that last one - if you uncheck glsl shaders it does work

then here just taking the first shot of the match:

RUN @ 16/12/2012 03:15:16

PROFILE: dqn

STACK TRACE: at GameEngine.Resources.Sound.SoundManager.Update(Single ratio) in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Sound\SoundManager.cs:line 526
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 11354
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 2965

Two ideas as well:
Can we use the Esc button to go back one menu level instead of having to press 'RETURN'.
Can you enable use of the mousewheel when in larger screens - e.g the team selection, to be able to scroll through the players.
Can you rename the label 'AUTO' when selecting both a team and umpires to 'RANDOM'

Last edited:

dmpcs

School Cricketer
This error is still showing before the first ball pitches, using patch 202

RUN @ 16/12/2012 19:57:50

PROFILE: ok

STACK TRACE: at GameEngine.Resources.Sound.SoundManager.Update(Single ratio) in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Sound\SoundManager.cs:line 526
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 11354

kurtkz

Game Developer
Urgh, so sorry about that - I'll release another patch tomorrow. I haven't had that error since Friday, so hopefully my latest changes have fixed it.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well I'm home now and I think I'm going to start working on the rosters now (well soon). So can you send me back my excel spreadsheet and make the adjustments to it that I said I wanted earlier, thanks?

I'll probably be back to testing when you release the new patch but I want it to be working perfectly before I do that.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@hedger: Excellent :) I'll update the spreadsheets and send them to you today (tomorrow, at a pinch).

I've been burning the midnight oil to sort out all the problems with the game but I'm still not done. I promised an update today, but I don't think that's going to happen. There've been lots of tweaks and fixes specifically related to the move from 2D->3D that I missed out on in the first update.

Hopefully I'll have something working by tomorrow.

Cheers
K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread