Cricket Revolution Editing Thread

Bos_Hybrid

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can anyone of you please post the roster here? I would like to check it out as I don't have the game yet.

Hitterman added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

You can't change the offsets. You can only replace the ascii chars but if you'll try to insert a ascii character then roster will get corrupted.

Here's the text version, since this site won't recognize the original file type.

Attachments

• Default-.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 94

Bos_Hybrid

School Cricketer
Is this the australian roster?

Yes, sorry, the teams are given there own folder with 3 files(Default, Custom and file) and a number, Aus is 0. There is actually 104 folders, so 104 teams can be made.

Hitterman

International Coach
Yes, sorry, the teams are given there own folder with 3 files(Default, Custom and file) and a number, Aus is 0. There is actually 104 folders, so 104 teams can be made.
The first 10 are for international teams and after that for custom rosters. I have seen the roster and it's editable :).

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Has anyone tried editing the names in,
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cricket revolution\system\data\game\dfp.cd

(45% of my download is finished so can't try myself yet)

Hitterman

International Coach
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cricket revolution\system\data\game\dfp.cd
Tried ages ago, it won't work. The rosters are under "ai/0/" named with 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and rest are custom rosters.

Bos_Hybrid

School Cricketer

(45% of my download is finished so can't try myself yet)

Those names aren't in the teams, so I don't think they would do anything.

Ex: Ricky Ponting is R Peter, not Mickey Ponting. I suspect they might be a left over.

Hitterman

International Coach
Well I am trying what I have never done with the roster. If it will be successful then I'll post the patch.

Bos_Hybrid

School Cricketer
Well I am trying what I have never done with the roster. If it will be successful then I'll post the patch.

Could you explain how you managed to stop the corruption of the roster after you increase the amount of letters.

Ex | = 5, I change it to eight, every name after this is screwed.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Found a simple loophole for team editing:

Go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cricket revolution\system\data\game\0

Pick the team you want to edit, for example Australia is 0 (I'll write up a list of each team's number soon). Go into its folder and copy the Default-.tm file to
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cricket revolution\system\data\game\0\15 which is Canada. Start up the game, go to team management, click other playing nations in the corner and pick Canada. Make your changes to the team, alt tab out and copy the Custom-.tm from ...game\0\15 to ...game\0\0 overwriting the existing file.

Then to check everything is right, go into the edit team mode with Australia and check all the names are right. Leave the 'default-.tm' files as the originals, I think online play will use these and the game stuffs up if you edit them.

BACK UP THE C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cricket revolution\system\data\game\ FOLDER FIRST!

Bos_Hybrid

School Cricketer
Found a simple loophole for team editing:

Go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cricket revolution\system\data\game\0

Pick the team you want to edit, for example Australia is 0 (I'll write up a list of each team's number soon). Go into its folder and copy the Default-.tm file to
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cricket revolution\system\data\game\0\15 which is Canada. Start up the game, go to team management, click other playing nations in the corner and pick Canada. Make your changes to the team, alt tab out and copy the Custom-.tm from ...game\0\15 to ...game\0\0 overwriting the existing file.

Then to check everything is right, go into the edit team mode with Australia and check all the names are right. Leave the 'default-.tm' files as the originals, I think online play will use these and the game stuffs up if you edit them.

BACK UP THE C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cricket revolution\system\data\game\ FOLDER FIRST!

Brilliant!

Thanks for the work arounds.

Bos_Hybrid

School Cricketer
Unfortunately, it seems as though the AI controlled teams revert to their defaults, even if those have been edited. There must be another file that the AI gets it's teams from.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Unfortunately, it seems as though the AI controlled teams revert to their defaults, even if those have been edited. There must be another file that the AI gets it's teams from.
Default-.tm I'd assume. I only tested it by removing the Custom-.tm file altogether, so perhaps if you make both files the same it would work.

Users who are viewing this thread