Cricket Very Boring??

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
rickyp said:
you obviously have some kind of lack of social life if the best thing you can be doing right now is registering on a cricket forum and bagging the sport
And registering at 2.30am no less.

Last edited:

James219

International Cricketer
Well, with that pointed out....you're right, that is pretty sad.
By the way, Andrew, you're an absolute fact machine :p
Sorry to be off-topic, but without searching it, how many years of State of Origin (as we currently know it, not the previous tournaments where it was based on what state your current club of playing residence was situated in) have there been?

Last edited:

embi

International Coach
True...I see your clever logic now... I just empathised with him, because you can't exactly deny that cricket isn't exactly seen as exciting by the masses (with the exception of the Ashes). I just thought he was asking an honest question, maybe with a bit of waffling about the critiscisms of cricket....oh well, whether he is a troll or not I don't really care any more.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
James219 said:
Sorry to be off-topic, but without searching it, how many years of State of Origin (as we currently know it, not the previous tournaments where it was based on what state your current club of playing residence was situated in) have there been?
It started in 1980 or 81 if my memory serves me correctly.

zreh

Club Cricketer
I doubt you have ever played a match. Go stand in the field, I guarantee you, no matter where you field, the ball will come to you. Go try it, running around in the field for 8 hours

You really know nothing about the game

James219

International Cricketer
embi said:
True...I see your clever logic now... I just empathised with him, because you can't exactly deny that cricket isn't exactly seen as exciting by the masses (with the exception of the Ashes). I just thought he was asking an honest question, maybe with a bit of waffling about the critiscisms of cricket

You do realise, of course, that you're excusing any ignorant, arrogant or just plain stupid individual (not that the starter of this thread is, by the way) who has virtually no understanding whatsoever of a particular sport and just makes random and meaningless comments about it on the basis of their own ego? And that's empathy? Anyone can make any sport on the face of the earth seem ridiculous and pointless if they really wanted to, but it doesn't really achieve anything......I do understand where you're coming from, though, with regards to how it may look to someone of a non-cricketing background or one that just doesn't understand the game, but flaming it (I would consider that post half-flame [or troll, or whatever it's called], half-actual question, though) isn't exactly constructive.

andrew_nixon said:
It started in 1980 or 81 if my memory serves me correctly.

Not bad at all....1980, because I'm sure the 25 year commemoration documentary aired last year ;)

embi

International Coach
James219 said:
You do realise, of course, that you're excusing any ignorant, arrogant or just plain stupid individual (not that the starter of this thread is, by the way) who has virtually no understanding whatsoever of a particular sport and just makes random and meaningless comments about it on the basis of their own ego? And that's empathy? Anyone can make any sport on the face of the earth seem ridiculous and pointless if they really wanted to, but it doesn't really achieve anything......I do understand where you're coming from, though, with regards to how it may look to someone of a non-cricketing background or one that just doesn't understand the game, but flaming it (I would consider that post half-flame [or troll, or whatever it's called], half-actual question, though) isn't exactly constructive.

Not bad at all....1980, because I'm sure the 25 year commemoration documentary aired last year ;)

Meh, I dunno, I'm tired :cool: Looking at it now, its obvious it was a complete and utter flaming of cricket, I just thought he was misguided. Sometimes I can be too helpful for my own good :(

but lets leave it now, I'm sure hes reading all these posts and rofl... He just doesn't seem to realise that there are actually other people than himself in the world.

HOTSAUCE2323

School Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
Although you are clearly trolling, the following two statements are completely and utterly false:
There are more than 100 cricket playing countries, and matches can last as short as 3 hours.

A brief look at this website will find mention of recent games played this month by the Italian, French and German cricket teams. Brazil, Spain, Japan and Mexico are all ICC members, and all but Spain have played in World Cup qualifying this year. Russia are an aspiring ICC member, and are already an ECC member.

Anyway, I'll just point that out for the benefit of the proper members of this forum, and not the idiots who come here just to troll, like the original poster in this thread. Lets not feed the troll shall we people?

Wow, really, if possible can you get hold of any of these matches like Brazil vs Mexico on video?

Well, it seems as though this Andrew nixon has forgiven and understood my views. -pls don't be manipuled by fags like this.

Reason why I went on and registered was because I was watching sky sports news at the time (2am- im a f@*&%ing student gimme a break) and the cricket kept delaying news on other stuff like boxing which I love. What the @"** is a troller, people you said a lot of things to justify cricket and its not just to me, so I guess I'll watch a 20/20 match on tele.

As for some of you guys and the saddo aussie cricket captain taking it all personally dissing my cricket knowledge, I do know some players like Monty Panaeser (spelt wrong probs) Flintoff, Trescothick, simon jones- the reason I know these names is because there always injured and its reported every 5 minutes,seriously, maybe 20 minutes. I haven't played but I know a few people that do but its never been an accessible sport for just anyone, maybe it can be played at the back road with a couple of mates but it is quite demanding for people to oraganise and then play competitively.

Its quite bad for some people to lambast the threader 'troll', its a genuwine question where people aren't forced to answer and I'm sure it raised a few eyebrows compared to Lancashire vs Sussex. Beleive that some non-beleivers of the sport will see this forum and maybe learn more about the sport, after all thats what i'm here for and thats how it all begins

Nice feedback though, even if I have a supposely lack of social life- if only the peeps knew...

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
When were Panesar and Trescothick injured?

By the way, being a student is no excuse for trolling; I'm a student, do I troll?

HOTSAUCE2323

School Cricketer
f**^ trolling, im jus making my point, go to google type 'cricket boring' and its inevitable that there are many with my views. Besides I was an angry student at that time and I needed to channel my aggression. maybe them guys weren't injured but at least I know some players including Shane warne, brian lara and mutilataran (definately spelt wrong) the point thats being made regardless of who ever is injured
(tw%t!) is that pretty soon channel four or five will have days of cricket so i might as well prepare for it, some of us don't have sky to flick through and avoid it- beleive freeview is very limited!

embi

International Coach
HOTSAUCE2323 said:
Wow, really, if possible can you get hold of any of these matches like Brazil vs Mexico on video?

Well, it seems as though this Andrew nixon has forgiven and understood my views. -pls don't be manipuled by fags like this.

Reason why I went on and registered was because I was watching sky sports news at the time (2am- im a f@*&%ing student gimme a break) and the cricket kept delaying news on other stuff like boxing which I love. What the @"** is a troller, people you said a lot of things to justify cricket and its not just to me, so I guess I'll watch a 20/20 match on tele.

As for some of you guys and the saddo aussie cricket captain taking it all personally dissing my cricket knowledge, I do know some players like Monty Panaeser (spelt wrong probs) Flintoff, Trescothick, simon jones- the reason I know these names is because there always injured and its reported every 5 minutes,seriously, maybe 20 minutes. I haven't played but I know a few people that do but its never been an accessible sport for just anyone, maybe it can be played at the back road with a couple of mates but it is quite demanding for people to oraganise and then play competitively.

Its quite bad for some people to lambast the threader 'troll', its a genuwine question where people aren't forced to answer and I'm sure it raised a few eyebrows compared to Lancashire vs Sussex. Beleive that some non-beleivers of the sport will see this forum and maybe learn more about the sport, after all thats what i'm here for and thats how it all begins

Nice feedback though, even if I have a supposely lack of social life- if only the peeps knew...

You realise that it probably wasn't the best way to ask a question about cricket, having a go at it? Of course we all thought you were a troll (well, I didn't and I was sort of right :) ).
Glad to hear about watching a 20/20, it should be ok. If you're really keen on it (you probably aren't) you should buy a book, one of the best (in my opinion) being "Jargonbusting: Mastering The Art Of Cricket" by Simon Hughes. the RRP is ?8 (possibly lower now, its getting quite old), but it is well worth it and you'll learn pretty much more than the basics. It will also teach you the full significance of a Test match and how it is played. If you want to play, just find a local club, most are pretty friendly, and will accept anyone, whatever skill level as long as they are keen enough, you do need a little bit of basic knowledge about cricket though.

The main reason why cricket is so hot in England and Sky Sports at the moment though, is the impact of last year's Ashes. Loads and loads more people started liking cricket after the excitement and drama of those 5 test matches. Its not only the fact that they were great matches, Englands getting back into cricket because we won them for the first time in 16 years.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
If people genuinely want to find out more about cricket, then most members of this forum would be delighted to help them.

However, you clearly do not wish to find out more about cricket, as shown by your complete disdain for the sport in your original post. You've come on line solely to insult the sport just because of the fact that it's interupting your viewing on Sky Sports News. If you genuinely wanted to find out about cricket, you wouldn't have such a angry attitude towards it.

Topic Closed, but as I said, if anyone genuinely wants to find out more about cricket, most members here will be glad to help.

embi

International Coach
HOTSAUCE2323 said:
f**^ trolling, im jus making my point, go to google type 'cricket boring' and its inevitable that there are many with my views. Besides I was an angry student at that time and I needed to channel my aggression. maybe them guys weren't injured but at least I know some players including Shane warne, brian lara and mutilataran (definately spelt wrong) the point thats being made regardless of who ever is injured
(tw%t!) is that pretty soon channel four or five will have days of cricket so i might as well prepare for it, some of us don't have sky to flick through and avoid it- beleive freeview is very limited!

Nope, the only results I can see are the ones critising people who say its boring ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread