DBC 17 Online difficulty is awesome now after patch 2

D

Dutch

Can everyone post in normal English? This text speak is incredibly annoying and hurts my head when reading. If you struggle with English put your posts in grammarly.com and check. Really derails the thread.
Is actually I requirement according to forum rules.....

AliKhan215

Club Captain
Added new notes for DBC Patch. I would request anyone not to spam with unecessary shit here as this thread is about Difficulty patch etc. Then you can make a new thread and do it there :)
1. Running between wickets too fast... you can take a double in the hands of the fielder. I request @BigAntStudios to make the running a bit slower so you can't take double every ball(in hands lf the fielder) A bit like dbc 14 :)
2. Field Changes done are not registered sometimes.
3. Options for same field sets for all bowler/batsman is not there.
4. Different sound effect for different shots - Well timed shots should have a cracking sound(Just Like Dbc 14)
5. Sometimes batsman run and glitches to the same end and When u cancel run, they sometimes run in a circle.
6. The Cut shot animation against a bouncer from DBC 14? Can we have that back? :) it's there but we can only see it against a lofted cut, would be nice to have it on normal cut shot and would be realistic too :) right now it looks like a late cut kind of shot :)
7. Game is a bit buggy, game gets disconnected more often than previous version of the game. Perhaps because its new? However, want u to know still :)
8. The cover drive only goes to long off region. If we could have the ball going to deep extra cover depending on where u play it, it would be appreciated.
9. Playing online - if you're bowling and the batsman plays a shot, it comes very late. Kind of comes as a "immediate" hit for a shot that the batsman may have perfectly timed in his game... (Sent a video footage of this on messenger)
10. Backfoot shots are buggy. Can barely play them anymore. You can miss a straight ball or other kind of glitch happens
11. Drives on career mode won't travel a long distance even if they are timed. Dont know if this is supposrd to be like that? (Legend/Hardest)
12. Online gameplay is laggy (not the network) But the game lags, for example in my screen ball will be going to covers, and in my opponents screen ball will get caught. Batsman's shots also appear late. Overall laggy. Very important point
13.Game is way too slow for good action games on online compared to dbc 14 where it was PERFECT. It feels like fielders,batsmen and the whole game is slowmotion. 5 over game feels like 20 overs. Cant u make it the same speed?
14:Sometimes screen on career/online mode randomly gets blurry. All the fielders get blurry somehow. I have video footage.
15. It would be great if we could see RRR/How many runs to win a bit earlier in the game likeDBC14, In this game it comes very late till we can see it below.
16. Online mode - Fielding gets locked and u cannot change it anymore after sometime. Sometimes when u change the field, fielders randomly run on the ground and u have to restart the game.
17. Sometimes ball is in front of the fielder, and he lets someone else who is a long distance away take it (Even in catch chances) - Online Mode
18. Fours being given as 8 runs some times.
19. Yes... I have played the game and its awesome.
20. When you appeal, and its given not out, ypu cannot give the ball to keeper/bowler because they wont collect it if you appeal, it will go for 4. - Online mode.
21. Batsman can easily take byes if the ball hit on their body. Need faster reaction from fielders :D - Online Mode
21. Field Preset not working even if you have set one perfectly, some random field comes up - Online
22. Catches not being given out - Online

Updated with final list with new points. Gameplay footage is available for some bugs and can be sent to you if u wish. Hope this list helps u for the christmas patch u mentioned. Keep being awesome @BigAntStudios

//Ali Khan @BigAntStudios

Last edited:

boyid95

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thanks a lot for listening to us. We really appreciate the update and that you listened to us. However, I will still be updating the list above if I see bugs, which will be easier for you to see what needs to be fixed. Until then, we'll be playing

Once again, Thank you :) @BigAntStudios
[DOUBLEPOST=1482790127][/DOUBLEPOST]Online gameplay awesome now after patch 2 thanks @BigAntStudios

Sandeepasrani

School Cricketer
Disclaimer: I only play online. Dont know which of these issues stand in career or offline casual mode. They definitely do in Online games.

1. Spin bowling is completely broken in this game. Surprised it hasn't been raised so far. Line control for spin seems to be completely absent. Just bowling top spin deliveries outside off is a challenge even for bowlers with spin skills fully maxed out!
  2. Wicketkeeper still jumping and diving to collect throws.
  3. Fielders who stop the boundary by flicking the ball in from near the boundary in fact ensure that batsmen can run 4 or MORE!
  4. In contrast, to boundary riders, close in fielders seem to be on steroids catching anything and everything that comes their way. Timed shots that would have close in fielders ducking for cover IRL are resulting in absolutely superhuman catches.
  5. Many a time you take a wicket and the field placement is inexplicably changed to some unusable inbuilt preset when the new batsman walks in even though the batsman haven't crossed.
  6. Even when using a saved preset, sometimes one single fielder is placed at some random position. For example, the fly slip you have in your preset may be standing at deep fine leg when you apply the preset.
  7. The 30 second field set rule becomes a joke in light of the above issues...also would like to underline here that a lot of us play online leagues and games through a closed facebook and a couple of whatsapp group and are okay with a few delays in setting the field. it worked beautifully for us in DBC 14. We also used the "wave" function to tell the bowling opponent that we need a pause, post which both could communicate through fb chats the time required for the break. The bat wave has also been taken out of this game.
  8. Similarly, when one hosts a game in custom mode in online, one would leave a message with whoever he has fixed the game that the game has been hosted and he could join when ready. the sound effect when someone tried to join your session would make you aware of this activity without one having to constantly stare at the screen. This sound effect has also been taken out of the game.
  9. Boundaries are sometimes awarded 8 runs.
  10. Edged skied catches are frequently not given out despite appealing with the commentator saying the bowling side should have appealed.
  11. Batsman are sometimes given out and are still standing as if nothing has happened when the next ball is bowled.
  12. Batsmen sometimes don't change ends even after taking a single. (Run is awarded)
  13. Timed late cuts are sometimes given LBW...either it should not be LBW or it should not look like a perfectly timed shot with the pad miles from the ball during DRS replays (its still given out)
  14. Sound effect for a timed shot doesn't have the kind of impact it did in DBC 14 but I guess you've heard that one before.
  15. And yes, Whats with the batsmen circling the stumps after returning to crease??!

Last edited:

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I agree to each and every point you have raised .

I have tried to change my direction of bowling with the spinners , and it is dumbed down from 14. You can press the direction stick to the 9/3 O` Clock direction , and it will still only bowl the ball a little bit outside straight.

The whole Fielding exercise needs a thorough working over . You can basically not stop singles with fielders on the 30 meter line , even with them being closer in . The time they take to collect the ball , then try and build up the little ingame meter to the green zone and then release , the two batsmans have long completed the single . In 14 you allways had the "flick" option for closer fielder , and that frequently resulted in direct hits.

And dont get me started on the awfull work from the Keeper and bowler collecting the ball , nothing like that in real cricket . I have posted enough of these videos so that @BigAntStudios should know exactly what we are talking about . They should for starters never ever dive TO the ball thats coming to them , I`m not going to go on more , we all have seen the evidence.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I agree to each and every point you have raised .

I have tried to change my direction of bowling with the spinners , and it is dumbed down from 14. You can press the direction stick to the 9/3 O` Clock direction , and it will still only bowl the ball a little bit outside straight.

The whole Fielding exercise needs a thorough working over . You can basically not stop singles with fielders on the 30 meter line , even with them being closer in . The time they take to collect the ball , then try and build up the little ingame meter to the green zone and then release , the two batsmans have long completed the single . In 14 you allways had the "flick" option for closer fielder , and that frequently resulted in direct hits.

And dont get me started on the awfull work from the Keeper and bowler collecting the ball , nothing like that in real cricket . I have posted enough of these videos so that @BigAntStudios should know exactly what we are talking about . They should for starters never ever dive TO the ball thats coming to them , I`m not going to go on more , we all have seen the evidence.

Lack of ability to control line against spinners is a big omission IMO. DBC 14 was perfect in this case as I could see my opponent walking towards leg and fire in a fast yorker outside leg while following him or if I saw him move towards off to hit me through the leg side I could bowl a loopy spin delivery outside off. Controlling the line using RS was quite rewarding once you got used to it. Now it's dumbed down and looks like it's done so folks who didn't want to put in some time to practice spin bowling could master it right from the get go.

Would prefer if spin bowling would revert to DBC 14 and it would be great if spinners could bowl no-balls as well. Currently they can't just like they couldn't in DBC 14. Bowling no-balls is a huge part of cricket, especially shorter formats where a single no-ball can change the outcome of a game due to ensuing free hit. And spinners do bowl occasional no-balls. But surprisingly this bug was present in DBC 14 and hasn't been fixed in DBC 17 either.

Rohit Basu

Banned
Added new notes for DBC Patch. I would request anyone not to spam with unecessary shit here as this thread is about Difficulty patch etc. Then you can make a new thread and do it there :)
1. Running between wickets too fast... you can take a double in the hands of the fielder. I request @BigAntStudios to make the running a bit slower so you can't take double every ball(in hands lf the fielder) A bit like dbc 14 :)
2. Field Changes done are not registered sometimes.
3. Options for same field sets for all bowler/batsman is not there.
4. Different sound effect for different shots - Well timed shots should have a cracking sound(Just Like Dbc 14)
5. Sometimes batsman run and glitches to the same end and When u cancel run, they sometimes run in a circle.
6. The Cut shot animation against a bouncer from DBC 14? Can we have that back? :) it's there but we can only see it against a lofted cut, would be nice to have it on normal cut shot and would be realistic too :) right now it looks like a late cut kind of shot :)
7. Game is a bit buggy, game gets disconnected more often than previous version of the game. Perhaps because its new? However, want u to know still :)
8. The cover drive only goes to long off region. If we could have the ball going to deep extra cover depending on where u play it, it would be appreciated.
9. Playing online - if you're bowling and the batsman plays a shot, it comes very late. Kind of comes as a "immediate" hit for a shot that the batsman may have perfectly timed in his game... (Sent a video footage of this on messenger)
10. Backfoot shots are buggy. Can barely play them anymore. You can miss a straight ball or other kind of glitch happens
11. Drives on career mode won't travel a long distance even if they are timed. Dont know if this is supposrd to be like that? (Legend/Hardest)
12. Online gameplay is laggy (not the network) But the game lags, for example in my screen ball will be going to covers, and in my opponents screen ball will get caught. Batsman's shots also appear late. Overall laggy. Very important point
13.Game is way too slow for good action games on online compared to dbc 14 where it was PERFECT. It feels like fielders,batsmen and the whole game is slowmotion. 5 over game feels like 20 overs. Cant u make it the same speed?
14:Sometimes screen on career/online mode randomly gets blurry. All the fielders get blurry somehow. I have video footage.
15. It would be great if we could see RRR/How many runs to win a bit earlier in the game likeDBC14, In this game it comes very late till we can see it below.
16. Online mode - Fielding gets locked and u cannot change it anymore after sometime. Sometimes when u change the field, fielders randomly run on the ground and u have to restart the game.
17. Sometimes ball is in front of the fielder, and he lets someone else who is a long distance away take it (Even in catch chances) - Online Mode
18. Fours being given as 8 runs some times.
19. Yes... I have played the game and its awesome.
20. When you appeal, and its given not out, ypu cannot give the ball to keeper/bowler because they wont collect it if you appeal, it will go for 4. - Online mode.
21. Batsman can easily take byes if the ball hit on their body. Need faster reaction from fielders :D - Online Mode
21. Field Preset not working even if you have set one perfectly, some random field comes up - Online
22. Catches not being given out - Online

Updated with final list with new points. Gameplay footage is available for some bugs and can be sent to you if u wish. Hope this list helps u for the christmas patch u mentioned. Keep being awesome @BigAntStudios

//Ali Khan @BigAntStudios
Forgot to mention to remove game modifiers from online game play

Users who are viewing this thread