Don Bradman 17 Online Leaderboards

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I bowled an away swinger down leg side, hit leg stump and because the guy was outside off with his guard it called it a wide. ☹

If a bowled is given as a wide it's a bug. Hope you mention it in the Bugs thread.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
No I hadn't, I will do but can't remember now whether at the time I had downloaded teams, I wouldn't have thought that should matter though

It shouldn't. With or without downloaded teams bowled given as a wide is a bug and needs to be mentioned.

Rohit Basu

Banned
I suppose I may as well float publicly something that has been considered - whether people would support changing the Five5 match type, and thus ranked quick matches, to have a reduced amount of wickets per team - in order to give some incentive to care about your wicket online.

My worry about any specific changes that might make online play differently - such as mentioned above with a limit on how far you could move in your crease - would be that people are naturally going to find new exploits, I could imagine if batting got limited in some way, then there would be a delivery bowlers could then use that would be very hard to counter, that currently isn't.

I've certainly had some interesting and fun online matches so far.
Setting Feilding system should be changed it keeps on changing . there should be an option to sett our customs feilds before hand. Sometimes bolds and cathes are not gives remove these bugs, run out bug

Rohit Basu

Banned
Yes Bro Its all about bowling and there r many thing to learn,people take stance but still they r not able to do much with stance because i know how to control that,so people who all are crying stance wide line n all do not know how to bowl.
But what about the wides given,

Hussain92

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I suppose I may as well float publicly something that has been considered - whether people would support changing the Five5 match type, and thus ranked quick matches, to have a reduced amount of wickets per team - in order to give some incentive to care about your wicket online.

My worry about any specific changes that might make online play differently - such as mentioned above with a limit on how far you could move in your crease - would be that people are naturally going to find new exploits, I could imagine if batting got limited in some way, then there would be a delivery bowlers could then use that would be very hard to counter, that currently isn't.

I've certainly had some interesting and fun online matches so far.

Hi Matt

Can you please make a page where people can name and shame online quitters who disconnect when they perform poorly either in batting or bowling and do not complete the matches. I am so frustrated with this one guy especially who quit twice on the same day after giving me target of just 30 runs.

Please add some online matches completion percentage to the players so we can see what is their percentage of conpleted online matched. They should be named and shamed so no one will play with them. Thank you

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Hi Matt

Can you please make a page where people can name and shame online quitters who disconnect when they perform poorly either in batting or bowling and do not complete the matches. I am so frustrated with this one guy especially who quit twice on the same day after giving me target of just 30 runs.

Please add some online matches completion percentage to the players so we can see what is their percentage of conpleted online matched. They should be named and shamed so no one will play with them. Thank you

There you go...
PS4 - Stop playing online with these ids | Page 2 - DBC17 Online Play and Leagues on PlanetCricket Forums

Go to the "Online play and leagues" sub forum below and you will find similar threads for all platforms...
DBC17 Online Play and Leagues - PlanetCricket Forums

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
The idea he has about % of matches completed sounds like a great idea to me as an indicator of how reliable he is.

The game will just need to be very accurate in deciding who actually quitted , dropped their internet , etc.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
The idea he has about % of matches completed sounds like a great idea to me as an indicator of how reliable he is.

The game will just need to be very accurate in deciding who actually quitted , dropped their internet , etc.

Wouldn't work as Big Ant have mentioned they don't host the matches and it's all peer-to-peer, thus they can't figure out who disconnected. If that's the case DNF (Did Not Finish) %ge is moot as you'll penalise folks who have been quitted on.

Last edited:

Hussain92

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Wouldn't work as Big Ant have mentioned they don't host the matches and it's all peer-to-peer, thus they can't figure out who disconnected. If that's the case DNF (Did Not Finish) %ge is moot as you'll penalise folks who have been quitted on.

Thanks for your reply on this.
I wish there was a way or (can get an update) to award wins to those who have been quitted on. I know it sounds silly because sometimes its actually your internet that lets you down and not yourself but again that's rare.
And myself will not mind if I have to lose a match simply because my internet couldn't work properly.

The only reason i am saying this is because imagine if you have been quitted on 3 consecutive games in a day. That would make you feel like never playing those 5ers again let alone T20 and ODIs

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Thanks for your reply on this.
I wish there was a way or (can get an update) to award wins to those who have been quitted on. I know it sounds silly because sometimes its actually your internet that lets you down and not yourself but again that's rare.
And myself will not mind if I have to lose a match simply because my internet couldn't work properly.

The only reason i am saying this is because imagine if you have been quitted on 3 consecutive games in a day. That would make you feel like never playing those 5ers again let alone T20 and ODIs

I hear you but the only way a DNF sort of mechanism to penalize rage-quitters can be put in place if Big Ant change the way DBC 17 online operates currently.

Users who are viewing this thread