Do you own the game?

issue

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Online game play worst in dbc 17..
how do you know?[DOUBLEPOST=1481468811][/DOUBLEPOST]can you list out what you didnot like?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Watched streams of Online matches on Twitch, seemed really good to me...Some bugs are expected but as far as I saw the gameplay was fine online..

@chaman82 was the one playing I think as the user id was chamanchindi82 ..Maybe he could give his views on it....

AliKhan215

Club Captain
I agree on that tbh. Game is awesome and singleplayer works well too.

Why is there no difficulty option in the game? Game is awesome but timing is super easy and length colour appears in bowlers hand before the ball is bowled tol... cant u make it like it was in 14? So ppl can select if they wanna play on amateur or Legend?? Even if you misstime the ball here, it flies for six or bounces for a 4 when it really should be a bad misstimed shot...
Also on DBC 14, shots had an amazing sound when u timed it, u could know by the sound effect that it has been timed... that feature is no more, all shots sound same.

Other than that game is great, we are enjoying, but the difficulty part needs to be fixed asap :( we want Legend difficulty like DBC 14. We have been playing over 50+ seasons and really enjoyed it. U can check our group on fb, it has 150+ members. Thanks.

Ps. I own the game.

Last edited:

chaman82

County Cricketer
Observations after completing 2 t20 games on ps4.

I think majority of online community on ps4 ps3 or pc played dbc14 on legend or vetran level.

Dbc 17 online games it seems is set @ amateur level.
Resulting in unrealistic score of 300+ in a t20 game.

Also,
Theres a problem while setting up fields during a ongoing game.
Changes done are not registered sometimes.
Options for same field sets for all bowler batsman is also not there.

Will return back with more feedback.

boyid95

Club Cricketer
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I agree on that tbh. Game is awesome and singleplayer works well too.

Why is there no difficulty option in the game? Game is awesome but timing is super easy and length colour appears in bowlers hand before the ball is bowled tol... cant u make it like it was in 14? So ppl can select if they wanna play on amateur or Legend?? Also on DBC 14, shots had an amazing sound when u timed it, u could know by the sound effect that it has been timed... that feature is no more, all shots sound same.

Other than that game is great, we are enjoying, but the difficulty part needs to be fixed asap :( we want Legend difficulty like DBC 14. We have been playing over 50+ seasons and really enjoyed it. U can check our group on fb, it has 150+ members. Thanks.

Ps. I own the game.

Yes Ali online difficulty seems amateur in Dbc 17 its nothing near Dbc 14. Dbc 14 best cricket game i have ever played but this dbc 17 may be good for offline but online game play worst easy to score.

Amir sulran

School Cricketer
Thanks for creating the post..I was looking create one..
I have been among the first ones to grab my hands on the disc..
Online definitely has been disappointing...which to me and major community who gets linked up with the game is very important...
I have been one of the top players on ps4 and I understand what exactly I played and experienced...
Batting is way too easy and playimg at a rate of 10-15rpo is no big deal..
The worst thing is setting up field and the steps it takes to set up..I was so annoyed that I didn't felt like changing the field setup..
I hope big ants works towards it and creates a better difficulty level for online gameplay to make it more realistic and challenging....

AliKhan215

Club Captain
Thanks for creating the post..I was looking create one..
I have been among the first ones to grab my hands on the disc..
Online definitely has been disappointing...which to me and major community who gets linked up with the game is very important...
I have been one of the top players on ps4 and I understand what exactly I played and experienced...
Batting is way too easy and playimg at a rate of 10-15rpo is no big deal..
The worst thing is setting up field and the steps it takes to set up..I was so annoyed that I didn't felt like changing the field setup..
I hope big ants works towards it and creates a better difficulty level for online gameplay to make it more realistic and challenging....
Agreed. And the shortcut is gone where u press up on the D-pad and quickly change fields :([DOUBLEPOST=1481470381][/DOUBLEPOST]@BigAntStudios

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
it's okay guys... I'm sure soon enough this will be sorted :)

Alizafar538

School Cricketer
I have been playing Dbc14 since April 2014, played on PS3 and PS4 at a competitive level. I would like to bring this to @BigAntStudios attention that we have a group on Facebook and various groups on Whatsapp that regularly play DBC14 on Legend mode. Few players in our group have been able to get their hands on the Dbc17 already and by watching their broadcast of an online seems a little unsatisfying. I think the only reason being the difficulty level. The game isn't released in my country yet so can't say much about the field settings but I would 100% back what my fellow companions have said above as I know they haven't got nothing to lie for. I hope this gets fixed super fast or if we are missing a trick or two then we are all ears.

Sandeepasrani

School Cricketer
First of all, yes I have played the game and hence am commenting. Also, as soon as i inserted the game there was a 1.2 GB patch which i have installed. SO, if this is the first day patch then don't hold your breath.

This is coming from someone who is a huge fan of the franchise and was expecting a better product than DBC 14. Sadly, that hasn't happened.

Too many issues with the game as of now. Especially with online but otherwise as well.

First up, you cant change difficulty level in online mode and it works on amateur mode (I guess). Now, this is something that Big Ant had incorporated through a patch in DBC 14. Why they would not do it in this game is beyond comprehension.

The game overall looks richer, and smoother but the gameplay seems super slow in comparison to DBC 14. The fielders, the running between wickets...just the pace of the game seems super slow.The dull commentary doesnt help either. For some strange reason the wicketkeeper or bowler (depending on which end the outfielder throws to) will stay rooted where they are and then suddenly jump and dive to collect the outfielder's throw thus almost always landing far away from the stumps making run outs almost non existent.

Another point related to the slowness of the game is that unlike in DBC 14, the 158KPH balls will not (and they should) seem to be arriving at you at an unmanageable pace even if you aren't expecting them.

The field menu now looks simply atrocious even though it is easier to work with in the sense that you can select and drop fielders in the field radar to where you would want them to stand on the ground.

A lot more things that I will keep adding by editing this post as i cant seem to recollect all of them at the moment.

Now, the only request to Big Ant is to not let down the online community which is the biggest group of loyalists for this franchise. Hope things are 'patched up' soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread