DBC 17 to Ashes 17 Evolution

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I really don't understand how rubbish like this can even be thought of as intellectual syntax. Were in the universe did you even read this It would be corporate suicide for EA to ship a cricket game without the Ashes licencing and, more to the point they have zero interest on producing a minority sport on any console.

Please paste the websites you got this information from as I feel it is here say and total gossip.

I knew I should've posted some links in the first place....

EA Cricket set for return with 2019 release

EA Sports Cricket Will Be Back In 2019 | KeenGamer

Is it true that EA Sports is planning to develop EA Cricket 2019? - Quora

D

Deleted member 46200

Sorry still nothing of substance and no direct quotes like... We spoke to Planet crickets hottest property Sweet Caroline about cake, "Oh I love cake and can't get enough of it... I'm surprised I'm not putting on weight" Sadly the websites quote one another so... Bollox! EA will say they will not totally walk away but there're not interested.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I would take these articles/sources with a bagful of salt when they make blatantly false statements as "Their last title, Cricket 2007 sold over 50 million copies." (source is the 2nd article you listed - keengamer). I assure you if EA had sold "50 million copies" of Cricket 2007 we would've had an annual franchise similar to Madden or FIFA series. I doubt EA were even able to sell half a million copies, leave alone 50 million. That number is laughable and if the guy who wrote that article is so gullible you can ignore rest of it as well.

EA has dropped Tennis and recently Golf from its catalogue of games and are focused on money makers which will allow them to milk revenue on an annual basis on the back of "ultimate team" stuff. All their annual releases - Madden, FIFA, NHL has the same common denominator and they are trying hard to do the same with basketball with their recent reboot of NBA Live franchise. I will be shocked if EA delve in cricket anytime soon and if they do, it would be when sub-continental market (specifically India) is mature enough to support the sales numbers. Logically if Indian market suddenly turns into US or Europe in terms of support for consoles then I can see EA trying to go for IPL license/rights and making it an annual franchise league but till then I would say no.

If global sports such as Golf, Tennis and Boxing are struggling despite being much more popular in European and North American markets, I doubt EA would suddenly show love for cricket anytime soon.

D

Deleted member 46200

I would take these articles/sources with a bagful of salt when they make blatantly false statements as "Their last title, Cricket 2007 sold over 50 million copies." (source is the 2nd article you listed - keengamer). I assure you if EA had sold "50 million copies" of Cricket 2007 we would've had an annual franchise similar to Madden or FIFA series. I doubt EA were even able to sell half a million copies, leave alone 50 million. That number is laughable and if the guy who wrote that article is so gullible you can ignore rest of it as well.

EA has dropped Tennis and recently Golf from its catalogue of games and are focused on money makers which will allow them to milk revenue on an annual basis on the back of "ultimate team" stuff. All their annual releases - Madden, FIFA, NHL has the same common denominator and they are trying hard to do the same with basketball with their recent reboot of NBA Live franchise. I will be shocked if EA delve in cricket anytime soon and if they do, it would be when sub-continental market (specifically India) is mature enough to support the sales numbers. Logically if Indian market suddenly turns into US or Europe in terms of support for consoles then I can see EA trying to go for IPL license/rights and making it an annual franchise league but till then I would say no.

If global sports such as Golf, Tennis and Boxing are struggling despite being much more popular in European and North American markets, I doubt EA would suddenly show love for cricket anytime soon.
Yes... Thanks...

grkrama

National Board President
The thing is someone should get 5 crore cricket and gamer fans of 130 crore people in india atlesat two crore, if someone gets the trick to tap into indian demographic and actually get them to buy the game, they are going to rake it in big time.

Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This topic was already disproved in some other thread. Thought it was really coming out for a moment, then again EA is known for miking money.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Would like people to post the things required for online gameplay..

2 things for me here:

1)When playing co-op or even versus matches (could also be included offline matches) is when a batsman gets out instead sending the next batsman from the list, show the list on screen for us to select the batsman so that we can select the batsman of our liking.. Because sometimes the player playing might be comfortable with a right hander and if skills and nature of players clearly place a role then it becomes crucial to select a batsman based on the situation...

2)Was said while 17 discussion ability to simulate in online co-op..

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Hi all,

I wanted to post this thread as somewhere where people can hypothesise about how they think Don Bradman Cricket 17 might have evolved for the new Ashes game.

Please note that this thread is not here for people to post to Big Ant requesting new features or to moan about DBC17.

This is a thread to discuss what could have been tweaked on DBC17 to improve or change the current build of the game within the time-frame that BA had.

For example I would loved them to have tweaked the carry through to the keeper a little bit so it really feels that it zips off the pitch. When you play around with the sliders you can get some nice bounce so I think that it wasn't far away on DBC17.

Cheers

I hope that you can create leagues with relegation/promotion. I, like I know others did as well, created a Test league in DBC17. It'd be great to be able to create Test, ODI and T20I Leagues with a second tier. I'm intending creating some new T20 franchise leagues as well.

In terms of gameplay, it'd be great if fielding on the boundary has been improved.

Oh and both casual/career stats of course. I'm probably getting carried away here but it would be great if there was like a pie chart showing your dismissals (Bat and ball) and what percentage was LBW, bowled etc.

Oh! And I promise never to mention EA Sports again. Sorry!!!

Users who are viewing this thread