dbc hacks: fearsome tweak v2.90 +minigame v0.03

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
what the hack does is increase the chance of the batsman to make a mistake, i think this game is made to be played as
"1vs1" (vs a human or vs AI), so there are not "lucky" wickets, because in multiplayer you cant "lose" a wicket just because
you had bad luck, there must be a reason, for example mistiming or bad shot selection. Thats why Bermuda can win against
Australia, because the "Australia" player made more mistakes. Competitive players would probably not play a game where luck
is too important. The reason why there are few edges against the AI is because is difficult to make it mistime a shot, you must
be very patient. Also i think the attributes are important because they help you in "timing the shot", but still for edging or missing
the ball there must always be a human mistake.

So, if you want to play AI vs AI, probably you must use the hack only when Bermuda is batting (on normal settings), or maybe
make Bermuda bat on "high" setting and Australia on "normal".

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I agree. The more I've played this game the more I've seen the difference attributes and skill make. It's not extreme - a poorly skikled/ attributed player is overpowered for sure but it's there

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Fair enough, I've just never been able to see any difference. I have over 1000 hours logged. I'd have thought in 2016 I'd be able to see the difference between bowling at Tendai Chatara and Sachin Tendulkar, especially with all the effort going into the amazing academy. For me it seems like the AI just randomly mistime shots, whoever they are. Maybe I'm playing it wrong. I don't want to start changing settings mid match as that's a bit contrived. I always go back to how tailenders batted in BLIC 2005. Okay that's as old as the dinosaurs, but in a crude way they really batted differently. Even the animations were completely different. I've been banging on like a scratched record for two years about this, but for me it's the one major flaw in an otherwise perfect game.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
PAK (me) vs IND, 50 overs, Veteran, v1.00

So I bowled first, India got off to a cracking start making 70 odd in the first 10-15 overs for no loss had a close LBW call in the first over which was not give and I should have reviewed it. They then proceeded to clatter me around for a bit when eventually I got a wonderful bowled and then a lbw to get things going, I was scratching my head wondering when I'll get a wicket and then got two quickly leaving India 95-2 on the 20 over mark. I got 0 edges in these 20 overs until Hafeez the off spinner came on and I got a lovely floating edge to gully. Once again a partnership built up and on the 1st ball of the 30th over when I re-introduced the seamers Irfan gets a lovely edge once again going to gully. From this point on I got a gazillion edges, one dropped and a lot of them thick going into gaps which was lovely to see.

Majority of my wickets in these innings were from edges which is lovely and two outfield catches! So pretty happy with the way things are going, in terms of batsmen aggression/skill I'm pretty sure it has to do with their playstyle, because the openers were smacking me around like no tomorrow and so was Kholi so I think setting batsmen to a certain playstyle will yield more results, something I want to test.

Anyway to top it off I completed the match and boy at one point I thought I was going to lose, Maqsood trying to steady the ship then getting out as wickets fell around him and the pressure got to me to try and slog, however Ali doing a great job had he got out that would have been game set and done for India...check out the scorecard below!

Attachments

• ind inn.jpg
    ind inn.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 27
  • pak inn.jpg
    pak inn.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 28

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
yes it seems after 20-22 overs the fast bowlers start to take edges, also without the hack, it happened many times to me.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
yes it seems after 20-22 overs the fast bowlers start to take edges, also without the hack, it happened many times to me.

With v1.00 or in general? When I palyed the game without hack I could count the edges I got on one finger. Also with your 0.04 hack I was getting edges throughout the match, I'd always get edges within the first 20 overs. However this is only the 2nd time I've used v1.00 so maybe all the variations haven't happened yet :)

Also if you don't mind is there some sort of briefing of what each hack does? I'm sort of unclear what results to expect from each hack, it'd be nice if you could do some summary or bullet points for each version if you have the time or want to of course, thanks again!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I noticed in earlier versions the new ball did appear to have a bigger effect. In 1.02 it's less so and reverse swing on overs 20+ increases edges.

@Langeveldt one of the most positive aspects of this patch is the effect on tail enders. I've completed a full tour: 3 FC 3day matches, 5 tests, 1 list a warm-up and ODI tri series, 1 t20 warm up and 3 t20i matches and no tail-end error problems at all. The tail wagging is 20/30 runs occasionally. This patch has transformed that.

But, never accept a team from the academy without checking it yourself go ensure you're happy with skills/attributes

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@blockerdave I'm thinking of putting the stats up of the teams and see if it has any difference at all, right now I'm playing with lowered skilled teams but they're up-to-date so I can't complain too much haha. Also I usually bowl straight seam deliveries 90% of the time and still get results!

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just finished bowling my first post hack test innings. SA(Me) vs Eng on veteran with version 1.02. Can not for the life of me remember the pitch conditions though. Conditions above were perfect for pace bowling (both spinners elgar and duminy got whacked a bit)

Right off the bat, what a joyous experience!! Felt like test cricket, looked like test cricket and I thoroughly enjoyed working the batsmen over. Edges, plays and misses and punishing the bad balls were the order of the day. Some crucial innings and fantastic fast swing bowling made for a tussle worth watching.

I had 2 caught at gully, 3 caught by keeper and 1 caught at first slip. Not forgetting that 1 edge went between keeper and first slip, 2 edges went through gully for four and I always felt that the cordon was in with a chance.

If only I knew how to post videos I could show the one spell by Dale Steyn that made this the best game of cricket I have played. He bowled two consecutive overs, one to Stokes and one to Jimmy Anderson, that were almost unplayable and both resulted in faint edges to the keeper off forward defensive prods outside off, not before Anderson edged one through gully for four and survived a huge LBW appeal. Also worth noting that I had a slip catch off a no ball as well which gave Finn a life on 0 and ultimately cost SA a few runs as he and Broad eventually put on a 50 stand for the last wicket.

Thank you @francobaldo1 for the early Christmas present.

upload_2016-5-28_12-36-46.png

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just finished bowling my first post hack test innings. SA(Me) vs Eng on veteran with version 1.02. Can not for the life of me remember the pitch conditions though. Conditions above were perfect for pace bowling (both spinners elgar and duminy got whacked a bit)

Right off the bat, what a joyous experience!! Felt like test cricket, looked like test cricket and I thoroughly enjoyed working the batsmen over. Edges, plays and misses and punishing the bad balls were the order of the day. Some crucial innings and fantastic fast swing bowling made for a tussle worth watching.

I had 2 caught at gully, 3 caught by keeper and 1 caught at first slip. Not forgetting that 1 edge went between keeper and first slip, 2 edges went through gully for four and I always felt that the cordon was in with a chance.

If only I knew how to post videos I could show the one spell by Dale Steyn that made this the best game of cricket I have played. He bowled two consecutive overs, one to Stokes and one to Jimmy Anderson, that were almost unplayable and both resulted in faint edges to the keeper off forward defensive prods outside off, not before Anderson edged one through gully for four and survived a huge LBW appeal. Also worth noting that I had a slip catch off a no ball as well which gave Finn a life on 0 and ultimately cost SA a few runs as he and Broad eventually put on a 50 stand for the last wicket.

Thank you @francobaldo1 for the early Christmas present.

View attachment 167262

Glad your also enjoying mate, it's definitely brought the game a big step forward and shows off the huge potential it has. Some of the dismissles you get now no other cricket game would of ever got close to replicating.

How were your teams skilled? Lowered of normal?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Unbelievable innings so far. Got them 5 down... but when I hadn't taken a wicket I bowled a delivery, went in to late, of course that one gets an edge and snaffled by the keeper.

Gutted...

But not as gutted as when I realised they hadn't called a no ball but I didn't appeal :(

Also a cracking edge dropped at backward point, a brilliant catch at gully, and a thick outside edge to a shot to leg that looped up over slips for four.

Absolutely love this hack.

Will probably be stepping up to legend in the next game.

Top top lad franco!

D

Dutch

I had a wonderful wicket earlier today: ball that suddenly zipped off the seam and went past the defensive push. I appealed for caught behind. Not out: thought what the heck and appealed.....overruled: the thinest of feathers to the keeper. To celebrate I stuffed an inhumane amount of maltesers into my gob....shall knock up a new vid....

Users who are viewing this thread