Playing pro 40 @ vetran.

Ai - 4 star batting bowling
Normal pressure for ai

Vs

Me - 2 star batting bowling
Hack off.

Looking good.

Will post results.

With Normal pressure there are very few edges. But still I would prefer this level.

High pressure makes it unreal.
Suddenly Ai becomes very low skilled.

The thing is when u select high pressure it feels like a cheat to me. Yes it looks good but it's not a satisfying gameplay experience.

Hack must be ON when we bat also then only its make real game feel,when we bowling Hack is ON and we bat Hack is off is not fair to me friend

With no hack the humans have a much higher chance of edging than AI - is that fair?[DOUBLEPOST=1462167964][/DOUBLEPOST]
With Normal pressure there are very few edges. But still I would prefer this level.

High pressure makes it unreal.
Suddenly Ai becomes very low skilled.

The thing is when u select high pressure it feels like a cheat to me. Yes it looks good but it's not a satisfying gameplay experience.

Yeah certainly the key is to get satisfying gameplay, not skittle the AI.

Does normal pressure at least increase edges from the no hack level?

I think where this really comes in use is by increasing the pressure as the wickets fall, so that tail enders start playing like tail enders......then the top order can bat reasonably and then put the pressure on high around 8 9 en 10.....

With no hack the humans have a much higher chance of edging than AI - is that fair?[DOUBLEPOST=1462167964][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeah certainly the key is to get satisfying gameplay, not skittle the AI.

Does normal pressure at least increase edges from the no hack level?

Yes but it's minimal

I think where this really comes in use is by increasing the pressure as the wickets fall, so that tail enders start playing like tail enders......then the top order can bat reasonably and then put the pressure on high around 8 9 en 10.....

Tried this but overall not gr8. Played a t20 on a good batting pitch..Ai just managed 155.
It was a 180+ wkt.
All with normal pressure..had some play and misses.
Had high pressure for 2 overs and it was all diff team batting suddenly so changed back to normal.

It's not only about the edges..last few overs in t20 and there was no sign of acceleration by the Ai.

It will b interesting to see how in Dbc 17 the Ai will b handled.

I think the key here is someone has actually made a breakthrough here, something which seemed totally impossible with DBC14 so far, if its opened up think we will be getting it customised and improved over time.

I havnt tried the automatic choice in the hack yet, really interested to see how that one works, have a feeling it will work more like how dutch described, increasing pressure for tail![DOUBLEPOST=1462171987][/DOUBLEPOST]I would also liek to see this thread in the main dbc section instead of downloads, cause i get it will get more eyes as well as discussion in on the most revered topic of dbc14 AI edges!

Thing is the OP won't say what he is doing. If you are doing this for the 'glory and praise' I can understand it, if doing it for the love of the game you tell people so others can contribute and then between everyone amazing patches come far quicker

Sorry if this sounds harsh but the latter is how I have always approached patching

As someone who just can't get wickets in career mode, this is all I ever needed. Just tested in a test match, working well with both fast bowlers and spinners. Also it doesn't tweak the chances of the edges carrying or anything like that. From what I have seen, it only decreased the skills of the batsman. Also for some reason, when the AI batsman connect, the ball just races away to the fence. Much quicker than before, it seems. I'm not completely sure, will have to test more.

Perhaps if @francobaldo1 does go the route @zimrahil suggests and we could help and sort of crowd source it we could get some more improvements?

Either way if this is improving the edge situation I hope Big Ant discuss the approach with you & see what lessons can be learned for DBC17

Has anyone tried in career mode? It doesn't seem to be working in career mode for me. Also does it work in saved games or only in new games?

Perhaps if @francobaldo1 does go the route @zimrahil suggests and we could help and sort of crowd source it we could get some more improvements?

Either way if this is improving the edge situation I hope Big Ant discuss the approach with you & see what lessons can be learned for DBC17
It seems to me is that the patch allows for a real time level swap so that the batters go down in levels to rookie depending on "pressure" and the bowlers go up.... This is why I could imagine using it towards the end of innings to help force a tailender situation...

zimrahil the only thing i did for glory was this video one year ago :D

i try to respond quickly: the "very high pressure" should be used only for testing the hack. I think for a good game you should manually
select "medium" and sometimes "high". Anyway i think this will be changed in the next version, i dont think it's the right approach.

About the patch, i studied the assembler code a lot, so if Big Ant release an update patch i must do all work again. But if you can write me
some PSEUDO-CODE, i will include it in the patch. For example:
IF RUN RATE > 5 THEN 4% CHANCES OF EDGE
IF RUN RATE < 5 THEN 2% CHANCES OF EDGE
IF WICKETS TAKEN > 5 THEN 10% OF EDGE
etc. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread