DBC14 | Full Game Play with BARS Video

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sigh.........here we go again. Discussion is great but the level some people are taking it is just beyond belief. Once we get the game the same people will be posting things like.....wow, my six went 134 meters. Such is evolution. Have fun. Need to stick my head in a bucket of bleach.

What???? We are getting realistic swing from realistic seam positions in a cricket game.....that's a biggie :spy

D

Dutch

What???? We are getting realistic swing from realistic seam positions in a cricket game.....that's a biggie :spy

Absolutely agree. That should be celebrated. But the level some people go as to whether the game is portraying it properly by analyzing frames of a set video or screenshot is for me at least one bridge too far.....I can only judge that when I have played x amount of matches in x amount of conditions in x amount of stadiums with x amount of bowlers etcetera.......

Dracos

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok...so a left handler bowling around the wicket bowling an out swinger.......how will the seam look? Just imagine it in your head.

If that was an Inswinger, the ball would be tilting more towards the left with the seam facing fine leg.

Can you show me any Inswing delivery with the ball tilting towards the right, as is seen in that pic?

Honestly, I have been trying to find a reliable source that explains the seam movement off the pitch but without any success...

But, as someone else pointed out, maybe there is no way to know exactly which way the ball will seam.

I have never played cricket, so my opinions may not have much credibility.

I've always thought that the ball will seam towards the side the seam is pointing to, regardless of the angle or arm the bowler uses.

D

Dutch

Honestly, I have been trying to find a reliable source that explains the seam movement off the pitch but without any success...

But, as someone else pointed out, maybe there is no way to know exactly which way the ball will seam.

I have never played cricket, so my opinions may not have much credibility.

I've always thought that the ball will seam towards the side the seam is pointing to, regardless of the angle or arm the bowler uses.

I like this page as it really does a good job of explaining things in a helpful way with diagrams and all........

Seam bowling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
what factors cause the ball to swing in this game and how will conditions have an effect.

I am really interested in this and it goes to my question earlier on the ball wearing video.

ball makes vary as to how quick they wear, how long they stay new / give conventional swing, how much they reverse, how hard the seam is and how much it will seam... even two different balls of the same type behave differently in how much / when they start swinging.

without giving away any details of licensing, which I understand they can't do, I'd love to know if there will be different ball types with differing characteristics, and if all balls of the same type behave identically or not (other things being equal)

D

Dutch

I am really interested in this and it goes to my question earlier on the ball wearing video.

ball makes vary as to how quick they wear, how long they stay new / give conventional swing, how much they reverse, how hard the seam is and how much it will seam... even two different balls of the same type behave differently in how much / when they start swinging.

without giving away any details of licensing, which I understand they can't do, I'd love to know if there will be different ball types with differing characteristics, and if all balls of the same type behave identically or not (other things being equal)

What I find brilliant about the wearing balls video is that I would hope that each match the ball will look different after some time than in another match after the same length of time. With the physics implemented in this game I am absolutely confident that each game the ball will react slightly different due to the factors of environment, pitch, wear and so forth.....amazing. No two games the same ever! And not through some vague notion of New Improved Randomness, but real changing physics.

saif258

Club Captain
this game has got more detail than any other sports title IMO so please stop nitpicking.the detail guys go is a bit too much.and most important things are
1.gameplay(if cricket then from start of bowling to end of shot)
2.ai
3.graphics ,realism and variety in gameplay and smooth transitions.
4.evrything else small details and other variety.

for future iterations(dbc 15,16) lets not focus on whether u can scratch ur beard as a batsman or not as it already has huge details and this isnt most important)

but just variety in animations.different bowling styles,different shot types for same shots.and if big ant gets richer then graphicsd and detail to rival fifa.

ps:fantasy of dbc 20 in which evrey player will be licensed and with faces and every bowler will bowl in his action and every batsman will bat in his.u can just look at the shot and say oh thats ponting;).
ill stop now b4 my credibility for the previous post diminishes.

gameplay looks varied and interesting in bigant our only hope fro cricket.
GAMEPLAY IS KING.

D

Dutch

@saif.....your previous post was not deleted because your point of view was wrong but because it had a lot of text speak and was unclearly written. This is much better. Thank you.

saif258

Club Captain
ross.
1. my only concern is the bowling action.
THE SELECTION OF a better(any international bowlers) bowling action as this is a huge part of the game and is right in the eye.frankly i haven't seen any bowling action like this in real life
2.the slow down in animation every one has talked about,cud be improved but lets keep that for future(its pretty good)
.but a good bowling action and it'll have a huge impact.this video would have received almost 100% response like u got when u released the name of the title.

I understand your points regarding budget,interactive game play instead of a pre programmed cut scene etc.

ps: love the game and write this only as i read recently u might be able to make some changes in the dlc.
ive been on pc for a long time ,finally decided to post.

dbc14-the best cricket game

kasabian21

International Coach
When I first watched the video I was shocked by the bowling action; very deflated to be honest. I did think that if other games that allow full control or actions whilst moving and are extremely smooth such as Fifa and especially the Fight Night series, then why can't this game? Yes, the budget of those games/series are HUGE compared to this, but I didn't understand why it couldn't be as smooth. BUT (and i have no idea why it took so long for this is dawn on me!), this is a bowling action! Something that involves the whole body moving at once, in different directions, in a far more complex way than kicking a ball or throwing a punch - I can now see how much a leap forward this game really is. I suppose I, as others, had exceptionally high expectations and have judged this video as if it was the only cricket game ever made, rather than comparing it to what we've had before...which it outdoes each and every one by a country mile.

Going back to the video briefly, upon re-watching numerous times (probably about fifty) with the knowledge that we the user are in complete control of the bowler from start to finish (and the use of 'blended animation'), it has really grown on me. I genuinely can't wait to play.

I'm not too fussed about graphics (they are certainly better than any other game), I'm more interested in the two main things in cricket, batting and bowling. The thought of being in such control of them is exciting. Very exciting. I'm also not bothered by the smaller things (bats floating etc...) as no game will be perfect, all I care about is that this game is HUGE step forward. Will it work? Who knows. But I am confident it will and will be a great game.

It would be amazing to see gameplay footage of a spinner bowling!

Edit: Would it be possible to answer my question from another thread?

'I'm not sure if this has been answered, so apologies if it has. I have read that catching is manual. Does this apply to the wicketkeeper when a ball is left/missed? Or is it automatic?

If it is automatic when the ball is left/missed, but manual when it comes to catching then surely we'd know when the AI/opponent batsman has edged it, meaning if the umpire gave it not out we'd know to review because we'd know it was edged? If that makes sense?

Any brief description of how the catching system for the wicketkeeper works would be great! Thanks!

If the WK catching is automatic at all times, will they make errors from time to time?'

Thanks.

Last edited:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Looked good. Bowling action isn't great but looks like its gonna be a pretty great game.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Certainly we are not expecting it to be FIFA-sque level but then why you are charging $30 bucks more than Fifa 14? It would be great if it is priced normal like Fifa ,NBA games

Ok. So I will not argue the price but give some points to ponder:

1. The price is not set nor is the date. Retailers are guessing both the price and the date

2. FIFA/NBA/Etc.. have far more unit sales. It is about market share and economies of scale.

3. If the price was the same as the lowest price of FIFA then we would not make this game at all as it would not be economically viable. If you want proof of this then ask yourself why EA do not make Cricket games.

Lastly, whenever the players in Cricket earn the same amount as even second rate Footballers/Basketballers/Baseball players then come talk to me, until then there is no point for it's the same argument.

OzAshie

School Cricketer
Sigh.........here we go again. Discussion is great but the level some people are taking it is just beyond belief. Once we get the game the same people will be posting things like.....wow, my six went 134 meters. Such is evolution. Have fun. Need to stick my head in a bucket of bleach.

This part made me think of something - will we be shown the distance when sixes are hit?

Users who are viewing this thread