DBC14 PC Specifications

grkrama

National Board President
havnt heard of it, but just looked up seems a Chinese one, could be a cheap one not providing six pin connector for the graphics card GT650, check it out if it has a six pin connector for GFX then it would be good if not, then either you have to change smps which is good overall for the system or, go for a PCIE card without external power requirement in which case i would suggest something like R7 250 or 7750 if you can get it.

----------

scratch that their smps seems solid, you should go with the gtx 650

Last edited:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
My RAM is 8.00GB so that is over the requirement. However the minimum processor specifications are "Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz / AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor 3.01 GHz".

My processor is Intel (R) Core (TM i7-2640QM CPU @ 2.00GHz. I don't know much about computers, so by my logic 2.00 is less than 3.00. Is that bad?

Sorry, I know it's frowned upon to ask whether it will run on your PC, but I am genuinely lost.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i7 is better than Pentium Dual Core by a long way; so it should run :)

The days of "High Ghz = Better" left us a long time ago, which makes things much, much more confusing...

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I just got a new Computer will DBC work on this?

1280px-ZXSpectrum48k.jpg

I got one of these xmas 1984!

A few years later I got the 128k WITH BUILT IN TAPE DECK!!!!

legedmaster

School Cricketer
Looking to buy the game today so can play over the weekend and wanted to double check if it will run my laptop

Intel i5 CPU M460 @2.53 GHZ
Nvidia GeForce GT 435 M

Any help will be appreciated. thanks

legedmaster

School Cricketer
Looking to buy the game today so can play over the weekend and wanted to double check if it will run my laptop

Intel i5 CPU M460 @2.53 GHZ
Nvidia GeForce GT 435 M

Any help will be appreciated. thanks

Have gone ahead and pulled the trigger on the purchase, lets see how it goes.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
I love the n is missing from your username... I have to believe it's both ironic and deliberate.

legedmaster

School Cricketer
I love the n is missing from your username... I have to believe it's both ironic and deliberate.

haha , yes you are correct, goes back to cricket revolution days when the acct with complete spellings was already taken... now that's another game which had promise and then just died down.

on the DB 14 front, have installed it, made a request to join the d/l forums using the instructions there and currently plannig to spend time in practice getting used to controls before heading to online and career mode.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Have gone ahead and pulled the trigger on the purchase, lets see how it goes.

I've no doubt you could run the game, but the GPU memory will be a bottleneck since there is no shared memory. As for the GPU itself, its listed to be as powerful as a mobility Radeon 5650 (which in turn is less powerful than the desktop version, which again is less powerful than the 4 year old 5850 I use although I can max this game).

The game will run but don't expect miracles however. You'll probably need to turn the odd thing off in settings here and there, but it *should* still look and run at least as well as on console. Probably better due to resolution. For what it's worth, I think Intel mobile GPUs tend to be a little better than the AMD ones so you have that in your favour!

Any doubts, just follow this link and check...
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/don-bradman-cricket-14/12245/?p=r

But again, be aware. System requirements help drive hardware sales, so in general the margin for experimentation outside the requirements is actually quite high because in the majority of cases the reqs tend to be overstated. My card (Radeon HD 5850) ought not to be able to max this game and barely exceeds the minimum if you take requirements as gospel. In reality it does just fine. :)

Last edited:

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I'm considering buying the game on PC as well as having it on xbox.
I might just take a punt that it will run ok. I'm just a bit worried that I only have 1gb of graphics memory.
I bought my Chillblast PC two years ago, so I'm hoping that it will cope.

boyid95

Club Cricketer
HI Guys,
Can any one let me know Is this gonna run on my laptop?

Laptop (4th Generation Intel Quad Core i7-4700MQ- 8GB RAM- 1TB SATA + 8GB NAND HDD- 15.6 Inches Touchscreen- Windows 8.1- 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M)

If yes than how i can buy?

inertSpark

Associate Captain
HI Guys,
Can any one let me know Is this gonna run on my laptop?

Laptop (4th Generation Intel Quad Core i7-4700MQ- 8GB RAM- 1TB SATA + 8GB NAND HDD- 15.6 Inches Touchscreen- Windows 8.1- 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M)

If yes than how i can buy?

Yes it'll run with no issues whatsoever. You're exceeding spec even with a mobile GPU. It's a recent enough laptop.

As for where you can buy the game, most good online retailers (amazon etc), or even Steam for a digital download copy. If you do not have a controller to use with your PC though, you might want to consider getting the game+controller bundle from a store.

boyid95

Club Cricketer
Yes it'll run with no issues whatsoever. You're exceeding spec even with a mobile GPU. It's a recent enough laptop.

As for where you can buy the game, most good online retailers (amazon etc), or even Steam for a digital download copy. If you do not have a controller to use with your PC though, you might want to consider getting the game+controller bundle from a store.

I have ps3 controller,Is this gonna work?

----------

I have Ps3 controller,Is this gonna work on my lappy to play DBC14?

inertSpark

Associate Captain
I use a wired 360 pad myself which works with no tweaking on PC. Im not too hot on using PS3 pads with PC but I know theres software that lets you do it. Perhaps a quick search may lead you to a guide somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread