DBC17 Bug Reporting - PS4/Xbox One Version

gunit123

County Cricketer
Not sure if this is a bug/glitch in the game or just my bad luck. I was 214 for 9 after recovering somewhat from 136 for 6. Only 4 overs left in the day and I was comfortably in the crease setting myself to remain until the next days play. I played a straight drive from a medium fast right arm delivery and it when to long on. I decided not to risk a single and so did not initiate a run. The next thing I know the bowlers and fielders are celebrating. I was then bemused to see that the batsman at the non- strikers end had "decided" to wander up the pitch out of his crease and then was run out! I was incandescent with rage! Ha ha. I know if that is all I have to worry about in this world then it's going alright but just wondered if anyone else had experienced this?
Thanks

Definitely a bug - game-breaking for me personally if you can't construct an innings without the worry of something like that happening.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks @gunit123 -yes it felt like the game had had enough of trying to dismiss me legitimately and thought right I'll cheat! Do you know how to report this officially to Big Ant? Thanks

gunit123

County Cricketer
Thanks @gunit123 -yes it felt like the game had had enough of trying to dismiss me legitimately and thought right I'll cheat! Do you know how to report this officially to Big Ant? Thanks

It's been reported many times since the game has been released in the bug threads and elsewhere, I guess you could drop them an email or something but don't hold any expectations that something will be done about it.

Nishit Naik

Club Captain
Hello everyone, I am not getting different stadiums in competition....suppose I m playing IPL MI Vs RCB at Chinnaswamy stadium, there is no crowd and no stands....I have downloaded all updated stadiums with updated teams...please help me out...

longNZ

School Cricketer
Hey guys. Who else is having trouble with the batsman doing a little circle/moonwalk dance after playing the ball? No buttons being pressed at all, the players do it themselves, almost every single ball. Even when they leave it they do it sometimes.

If you're playing against someone online then they are actually able to run you out.

This is a huge deal in my opinion. There are still many problems with this game, but this problem is I think the worst of the lot (I play online a LOT), because it really means someone can cheat and get you out almost every ball, and its completely out of your control.

Please I hope someone at BIG ANT sees this. I love this game, but when things like this happen, which is almost every game played, it really takes the enjoyment out of it for me.

krishri

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys. Who else is having trouble with the batsman doing a little circle/moonwalk dance after playing the ball? No buttons being pressed at all, the players do it themselves, almost every single ball. Even when they leave it they do it sometimes.

If you're playing against someone online then they are actually able to run you out.

This is a huge deal in my opinion. There are still many problems with this game, but this problem is I think the worst of the lot (I play online a LOT), because it really means someone can cheat and get you out almost every ball, and its completely out of your control.

Please I hope someone at BIG ANT sees this. I love this game, but when things like this happen, which is almost every game played, it really takes the enjoyment out of it for me.
The one way to overcome this problem is to play 2P vs AI.... and invariably AI does this circle / moonwalk outside the crease and we get them run out. On a serious note, this is a game wrecker ...but have stopped complaining about it.

gunit123

County Cricketer
The one way to overcome this problem is to play 2P vs AI.... and invariably AI does this circle / moonwalk outside the crease and we get them run out. On a serious note, this is a game wrecker ...but have stopped complaining about it.

You can do it to the AI, but they can also do it to you in online co-op so it's a completely broken mode :rolleyes

CornishCricketer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
May have already been reported. But I was in the middle of a T20 game between Leicestershire and Durham and after batting first I set them a total and the game was going down to the wire. I set a more defensive field with all fielders specifically placed to stop runs and maybe take wickets, but my fielders are constantly being moved without me realising and as a result I am conceding boundaries in these areas and it loses me the game. I would've stopped about 20-25 runs if the field stayed the same. Kills the game and makes limited overs cricket where the AI is chasing virtually unplayable if I cannot defend the total with the fields that I set.

saladguy

PCPL Season 2: Outstanding Performer (Division 2)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Not sure if this is a bug as such, but I can't find a way to delete a team I've uploaded onto the academy? Looking to delete so I can upload a better version and not get confused between the two!!

slowleftarmer

School Cricketer
Platform: PS4
Game Version Number: 0.1.0.1.0986
Game Mode: Competition
Match Type: Test
Teams used: England 1980s (downloaded) vs West Indies 1984 (downloaded)
Ground: Edgbaston
Over Count: 19.4
Issue (one line description): Batman gloved ball to wicketkeeper but given not out, even after review
Bug description (detail): The short ball hit the batman's glove and looped into the wicketkeeper's hands. The umpire gave it not out with bowler and wicketkeeper confidence 10 and 7 respectively. On review, the ball was clearly shown to hit the batman's glove but was STILL given not out. I've had similar 'dismissals' with short balls given not out even after being shown to hit the back of the bat on appeal. It's like the umpire's decision is pre-determined and will not change regardless of evidence!?

Nirav Rana

School Cricketer
Game Mode: All (Online and offline)
Match Type: All
Get Best Teams used: N/A
Ground: N/A
Over Count: N/A
Issue: 90% of Teams and Players are CENSORED
Bug/Feedback description:
I bought this game yesterday and while updating to the latest teams on the start of the game, I got most of my teams and players as CENSORED. When I try and change it manually, I can't do it. Please help!

arjwiz

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Game Mode: Offline
Get Best Teams used: No
Ground: Any
Over Count: Any
Issue: Batsman leaves the ball even though a shot is played
Even though I play a shot right before the ball pitches, using just the two sticks, my batsman often simply leaves the ball. This happens several times per innings, until I finally get out. Are the triggers not being read correctly or is this a case of the game not picking up timing or pre-determined shots? I've been playing DBC17 only recently after 3 years of playing thousands of hours of DBC14, so I don't think it's my technique!

RobinE

School Cricketer
Game Mode: All (Online and offline)
Get Best Teams used: N/A
Ground: N/A
Over Count: N/A
Issue: 90% of Teams and Players are CENSORED
I bought this game yesterday and while updating to the latest teams on the start of the game, I got most of my teams and players as CENSORED. When I try and change it manually, I can't do it. Please help!
I had a similar problem. It carried through match after match. It eventually cleared up (disappeared) after I logged out of the game and restarted my PS4.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Can anyone help me, I have 2 problems.
1. My Mitchell marsh career has him opening until I can get the captaincy for all 3 formats
2. In my Steve smith career mode, I got the captaincy for the test team but can't change the team

Users who are viewing this thread