DBC17 hands on & review

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@BigAntStudios kindly do consider option of importing uniforms between teams in any upcoming patch as reason is creating new uniform is difficult instead of import specially vintage kits.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looks like it moved from the 16th to the 22nd which is a small win :)
But @BRAB ross already said it will be according to the released release date, which is the 22nd! Hope I could be wrong though!

Toecrusher

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
What is your feeling on the 1) the visual speed of the deliveries and 2) Edges?

From the videos seen so far, default bowling speeds (even at 150kph), seem fairly slow and pedestrian. 150kph should be really difficult with ball zipping off the pitch and hurrying the batsman. I'm aware there are sliders, but sliders may not necessarily be there in online modes.

Secondly with edges, any improvement over DBC14 in terms of slip catches? Harking back to the days of BLC 99, its one of those things that makes it all worthwhile.

rangersw12

Club Captain
Interested to know how the different pitches play like and if they deteriorate

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Yeah, I'd love to see someone play, or even simulate through most of, a Test in say England and the another in somewhere like India to see if they play differently, particularly as the days pass, and maybe post a summary of each day? With the recent Test series, I'd love to know if even in the game you have to think about things like 'should I play an extra spinner to take advantage in the second innings' or how the AI adjusts its play depending on the pitch.

What is your feeling on the 1) the visual speed of the deliveries and 2) Edges?

From the videos seen so far, default bowling speeds (even at 150kph), seem fairly slow and pedestrian. 150kph should be really difficult with ball zipping off the pitch and hurrying the batsman. I'm aware there are sliders, but sliders may not necessarily be there in online modes.

Secondly with edges, any improvement over DBC14 in terms of slip catches? Harking back to the days of BLC 99, its one of those things that makes it all worthwhile.

I think the speed is fine at the moment. Playing as a batsman, I still want time to be able to actually play the ball. I tried the bowling practice and the effort balls do seem to go quite a bit faster for the quicks though, so those might be the harder ones to face at the other end too.

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
Reactions: DAP

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The PS4/Xbox One release was just 'Don Bradman Cricket' because it released in 2015.

Reactions: DAP

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
The PS4/Xbox One release was just 'Don Bradman Cricket' because it released in 2015.
Ah now I see!
I was staring to think I missed something!

Thanks for the clarification matt.

Users who are viewing this thread