Dec 3-7: 2nd Test: Australia v England at the Adelaide Oval

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
1-0. Innings victory. What a performance.

Australia have a lot of work to do to get the Ashes back. Win 2 games and draw 1...

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Four years ago at this very ground English cricket was it's lowest ebb. Now look at us!

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Four years ago at this very ground English cricket was it's lowest ebb. Now look at us!
That never happened! You lie!

angryangy added 8 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

sorry England, you didn't win...
auswon.jpg

P

pcfan123

Damn damn I slept through the whole days play :(

what happened to broad

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
He wasn't playing a shot. The green graphic is misleading to be fair.

Yep, it was an oversight on my part as I've already said :).

Congrats England. Well deserved. They should win this Ashes fairly comfortably. This is as settled as I've seen an England side.

ferg512

International Coach
Agree with Griegy about Lee and Hodge but they will be playing twenty20 over here. I think the aussies are desperately missing Lee. A lot people wanted him to retire saying the aussie pace bowling stocks were great and look whats happening now.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Calling for Lee and Hodge is just soapboxing at its best. They're not going to get picked, so you can look like the voice of righteousness without having a real opinion or any suggestions that can be put to the test.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Hauritz can do a job. Very harsh to call him a joke with the record he's got and before you say it yes I do think that holding up an end is acceptable rather than your insistence that he has to take lots of wickets on turners.

SMH. :lol My goodness some of you really living in wonderland. Or maybe as loyal English fan you are sarcasitcally calling for Hauritz to be recalled since you know our batsmen will smoke him like they did to Doherty?. I really hope its the latter.

Secondly well if Haurtiz record of consistently being able to be a wicket taking threat on turners (days 1-3) or 4th/5th day wearing wickets isn't a joke, then you are talking about a different Nathan Hauritz to me.

Thirdly unfortunately i must say again some of you really dont seem to understand what the role of a test standard has been throughout test history. My insistence that he should fullfill the simple task is not my insisting, so dont tery to shift the goal post to misrepresent what i have said. Every test spinenr of any respectable test quality in test history has been able to do that for some period.

Please give me an example of any test spinner in test history who main strenght was just to hold up & end (a job Hauritz never really did either) & could never become a wicket taking threat when he got favourable conditions. That had a long test career????

Australia don't have the bowling attack to go in with 5 seamers due to repeatedly mentioned reasons such as the seamers fatiguing.

Those reasons is just baseless pessimism. Its almost as if you people think modern day bowlers & the members of the AUS pace attack (Hilfy, Bolly, Johnson, Harris, Siddle - whichever 4 starts) all have the combined bodies of Shane Bond, Flintoff, Brett Schultz, Chris Cairns and they would all suddenly break down if the have to bowl long spells in a few test. Its makes no sense whatsoever, so you have to come up with a better argument that that.

Fact is those are fit bowlers (excpet for Harris whose knee problems may come up every now & again). Plus that includes other domestic bowlers like Trent Copeland, Mark Cameron, Peter George, which makes up the the Australia's bowling strenght & depth & any its painstakingly obvious that 4 fast-bowlers have to play for Australia. If not they will lose the Ashes.

War added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Calling for Lee and Hodge is just soapboxing at its best. They're not going to get picked, so you can look like the voice of righteousness without having a real opinion or any suggestions that can be put to the test.

Haha yea, i dont know what Greig was thinking. The commentators are as clueless as the selectors. :facepalm

ferg512

International Coach
Aussies simply need to go for Copeland that is the only way they will get any wickets.

Sureshot

Executive member
Thoroughly reserved result, completely dominated the match, fantastic performances from Cook, Trott, Swann, Anderson (bit expensive at times, but bowling so well) and of course KP.

:cheers

P

pcfan123

Whoever bats best out of the reserve seamers should get the nod. Go batting heavy and draw the remainder of the series.

or go the maverick route and select 11 genuine batsmen, guaranteed draws :lol

Users who are viewing this thread