Don Bradman 17 review - Buyers beware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Royce

It actually does. You have zero credibility. I don't really care what you have to say when your OP is full of hyperbolic nonsense, veiled attacks on the developer and inability to be self-aware. When you walk into someones room and start mouthing off at all the people who have been there for longer, you don't tend to make many friends.

You did it for the attention, I get that. You get that. You did it for "internet hero" reasons. "Buyers Beware" indeed.

Lol, at least I actually have the game, whats your pathetic excuse? Your the biggest "internet hero" here... Anyways I'm bored of you, if you have something constructive to say about the game, we can converse further...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Bore off with this clique nonsense.

Royce's issues have been shared by many, but there is a constructive way of communicating this stuff and there's "wah wah wah".

gamer22

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't understand why people are having a go at someone who bought the game and then reported all the issues he faced. He was disappointed and he voiced his frustrations. The main thing here is, is he the only one or others have faced the same issues as well and the answer is yes. As a buyer my concern is unresolved issues with the game not the the tone of the post.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
You did it for the attention, I get that. You get that. You did it for "internet hero" reasons. "Buyers Beware" indeed.
I don't think he reported his feedback for any of those reasons. We should hear him out, and wait for BA's responses. Everything he reported was legitimate; he obviously has the game with the Day 1 patch, and he has found problems with the game. Any cricket game without a cover drive is faulty, as just one example. I'd like to see how BA respond.

R

Royce

I don't think he reported his feedback for any of those reasons. We should hear him out, and wait for BA's responses. Everything he reported was legitimate; he obviously has the game with the Day 1 patch, and he has found problems with the game. Any cricket game without a cover drive is faulty, as just one example. I'd like to see how BA respond.

I'll be the first person to admit I did write my OP in a huge hissy fit of rage :P But yeah this :D

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It seems like the community has changed. I don't remember these hostilities with DBC14 which did have some issues that needed fixing but there certainly wasn't "Big Ant is a thief took your money and run"

I would say if there's any silence from them it's because they're working.

However there isn't silence. There is acknowledgement that people are having issues and an explanation that the vast majority are not. I have expressed that it is our belief that the major problems are cause by playing an unpatched version, or by downloading/playing with teams with censored elements.

I was working through issues as soon as they were posted, Friday night, Saturday day & night, and now Sunday, and I will do so for the rest of today and through until we actually find out solutions either server side or patch. Indeed we have already had one patch in for submission that I am hoping will sort a lot of this out.

When people that don't have the game comment about an experience they have not had that is based on hearsay, and it is not correct, it slows us down - fully expect me to get pissed about that, it surprises me that those with the issues are not pissed at them too, if it were me I'd want a solution to my issues asap.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I call bullshit. So you have the game and you categorically state it has no cover drive?

I have responded, and continue to respond, unfortunately it's too often to posts like these.

I may well have a reputation for being a little hot at times but I also have a reputation for keeping my word, we will fix whatever it is that is causing these issues.

Now I'm off to actually see if we can replicate some of the issues that it would appear less than 1% of the pop are having because I actually do care that people like @Royce get the experience they have paid for.

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm reporting this post.

...so ...take it you don't want a badge?

Lol, at least I actually have the game

Hi Jeremy. Thanks for posting. Thought you didn't like the game? Your thread expressly warned me in the title. I have been wared.

Everything he reported was legitimate; he obviously has the game with the Day 1 patch

Where have I said his post wasn't legitimate? Where have I said anything remotely relating to anything to do with a day 1 patch? I haven't. I maintain; someone who joined on Thursday, with the express intent to rant about a game he just "purchased" full of hyperbolic vitriol aimed at @BigAntStudios has absolutely zero credibility*. If he had started a post full of substantive, level-headed content I would have absolutely no issue with it. It's rookie-grade internet trolling for the purposes of attention seeking and internet heroism of the lowest common denominator. The guy can't make a qualitative argument without resorting to child-like name-calling full of awful, awful grammar. There's absolutely no way Ross isn't within his rights to call bullshit on this guy, he's got zero track record (thus far) of offering anything constructive other than bemoaning Big Ant as a studio and how they've, quote, "Faaaaaaail" [sic]

I mean, come on. I've not horse in this race, but have we all lost our minds or can we approach this entire vitriolic thread with some sense of common sense?

When the only dude defending him is a known-commodity cry baby about non-existant "Cliques" I think we can pretty much shut and close this thread as trolling of the lowest order, unless the OP wants to go back and edit his thread to be vastly more constructive and cohesive, ala, @blockerdave then I think we're, as a collective, not gaining anything here other than how terrible I am for pointing all this out... or something? I dunno. I'm done here... I think a few of you have lost your grip, to be honest. Glad I'm out of this whole thing until it hits PC.

*...that and everyone seems to be ignoring the fact he "purchased" a game that has a massive online component bemoaning those without access to the internet not having access to any updates when the express intent of the game and the device operating it requires an existing internet connection to make the most out of both the game and the device! But I mean, yeah... the whole "don't have internet" argument really holds up under scrutiny, right?

Last edited:

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you cut through Royce's bluster he is actually laying out the perceived problems with the game fairly well.

Hopefully he stays as he makes some good points and seems to get what a cricket game should be like.

Stay and help bigant fix the game mate, same goes for that Varuenchy guy.

We all want the same things here.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As an old member of this forum, I must say ( of course after playing DBC17) that its a way backward to the first version. Its hard to believe that its the same team that produced DBC14. Agree every game has bugs but looks like the whole game engine is broken. Flase promises from Big Ant boasting of excellent fielding and AI improvemnt . If they could have carried over and made improvemnet in same engine as DBC14 things could have been much better. 3 out of 10 star is my rating.

Don't waste your hard earned cash on this buggy product. They paid huge amount to Sony and Microsoft to get this passed QA.

I am really disappointed with the outcome of the game

Please take me comments as true fan if the sport.

Compare this with Pro Evolution soccer 17and buy that instead.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Ha. It doesn't matter of he joined Thursday, or if he joined right after Bob Dole invented the internet. He may have lurked for years - whatever. If he did in fact buy the game, he's allowed his say without the crusty curmudgeon PC members knee-jerking all over the place. And Ross calling bullshit on his concerns is a little precious, I have to say. If there's a problem, fix it. If Royce is wrong, he's wrong. Too early to call bullshit.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We all want the same things here.

Legit. That's what I don't get? Why go out and attack people/the studio? There's a way to present this information in a palatable fashion for everyone and at the very least, if you're going to have a crack, do it with some tongue-in-cheek (or take it from the master, do it with red circles?).

My issue is not with the information or complaints presented, it's with the attitude and intent behind it. If he's after the same thing as the rest of the community, bit of self-awareness and taking some time to actually make his posts less-aggressive, combative and intellectually comprehensible would be a good start. Someone like Blocker, who made a vastly better post, is clearly in it with the rest of us.

Don't waste your hard earned cash on this buggy product. They paid huge amount to Sony and Microsoft to get this passed QA.

...and that shit doesn't help either. How do you know this?

Ha. It doesn't matter of he joined Thursday

We'll agree to disagree. I'm deeply suspicious of anyone who joins a cricket games forum on the day of the release of a new cricket game with the express intent of telling everyone how terrible the said cricket game is and attacking the developer directly for it.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
We'll agree to disagree. I'm deeply suspicious of anyone who joins a cricket games forum on the day of the release of a new cricket game with the express intent of telling everyone how terrible the said cricket game is and attacking the developer directly for it.
I'm suspicious too. But I want him to be proven wrong first. He was quite detailed with his concerns. If he said "this game's shit", I wouldn't give it a second thought. But he was rather articulate in explaining his position.

Last edited:

gamer22

Club Captain
I call bullshit. So you have the game and you categorically state it has no cover drive?

I have responded, and continue to respond, unfortunately it's too often to posts like these.

I may well have a reputation for being a little hot at times but I also have a reputation for keeping my word, we will fix whatever it is that is causing these issues.

Now I'm off to actually see if we can replicate some of the issues that it would appear less than 1% of the pop are having because I actually do care that people like @Royce get the experience they have paid for.
@Royce, now you should work with BingAntStudios and fix your issues. You have voiced your concerns.. now it's time to get them fixed. It would benefit us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread