Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

maxwasim

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very nice. This video does show how unrealistic the fielding is though. There is one shot where he smashed a cover drive to the side of the fielder, who was fairly deep. In real life that's a run every time, even if the guy stops it because he will be off balance, and hence it will either be a quick but inaccurate throw or he'll take an extra second to balance.

In the video the fielder almost immediately throws at the stump, side on, and hits.

One of the most fundamental aspects of cricket is quick singles. One thing that Ashes 2009 and IC 2010 got right was being able to angle defensive shots and push quick singles. I'll be annoyed if we can't do that in this game due to the overpowered fielders.

Can someone please try a game where all of the fielders have their throw accuracy significantly reduced? Does it help?

I loved that abt IC2010 too.... i haven't seen singles of defensive shots in the videos i hv seen so far....

kasabian21

International Coach
It just needs to be a simple system that combines:

- Distance from the stumps
- Angle to the stumps (front on, half way, side on)
- Player attributes

Even a maxed out player fielding on the boundary with 1 stump to aim at is only going to hit at best 2 or 3 out of 10.

maxwasim

Club Cricketer
It just needs to be a simple system that combines:

- Distance from the stumps
- Angle to the stumps (front on, half way, side on)
- Player attributes

Even a maxed out player fielding on the boundary with 1 stump to aim at is only going to hit at best 2 or 3 out of 10.

shd b a max of 2 or 3 out of 10... otherwise it becomes unrealistic and predictable too

DeadShot

Club Captain
Will lowering fielding or throwing stats make it more realistic? People who already have the game can give it a shot and see.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anyone tried the method suggested for the career mode by Mike? I tried resetting my all teams and then carefully replaced the career teams by unlinked teams yet the issue with bowlers scoring big and batsman bowling more overs persist.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Love the LBW shout being turned down after Review due to the inside edge!!! So good!

Watched the video with headphones on.....the sound of the bat hitting the ball is sooooooooooo awesome (and diverse). You could actually make out the fact that at 2:58 Cook had not timed that pull shot. Great stuff:cheers

rizwanahmaduk

Club Cricketer
don't know about you guys, the more i watch these videos, the more jealous and P**sed off I am getting as we still do not have the game...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Given everyone here has noticed that within one game, playing or on YouTube, it's surprising it didn't get picked up and rectified during testing.

It's also a bit annoying to see the bowler and wicket keeper throw down the stumps at inappropriate times, but at least that doesn't affect the gameplay.

i don't know how it is in the game, but in every version of CA the players all has base attributes the same, at 50% for everything. if they were testing like this, then i guess the problem wouldn't be obvious.

all our CA players have +50% for anticipation, speed, acceleration, arm speed, throw accuracy etc. so i guess it may be something to do with that. as you said earlier, someone should test without that and see if it changes

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
i don't know how it is in the game, but in every version of CA the players all has base attributes the same, at 50% for everything. if they were testing like this, then i guess the problem wouldn't be obvious.

all our CA players have +50% for anticipation, speed, acceleration, arm speed, throw accuracy etc. so i guess it may be something to do with that. as you said earlier, someone should test without that and see if it changes

i agree i think after seeing many videos looks like maybe the attributes that need tinkering. seeing alot of the players running faster than the ball in the air for a simple catch when the ball is hit hard.

Last edited:

rizwanahmaduk

Club Cricketer
in the video at 29 minutes, there is an appeal for LBW, the wicketkeeper runs through the stumps to collect the ball...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
I think attributes for skill and the like in fielding (catching/running) either need to be turned down drastically or the AI needs to miss the stumps more often than not... Based on the videos I've watched, too many direct hits, but it's a small thing.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Based on the videos I've watched, too many direct hits, but it's a small thing.

Yeah, I also thought on the same but then wasn't sure whether it was user's inputs to hit the stumps or something. Even after collecting the ball, he goes for taking those bails off, which I mostly guess it was due to the input from user.

St0ney

Club Captain
Love the LBW shout being turned down after Review due to the inside edge!!! So good!

In that video and all others i have watched, why does a throw to wicket keeper or bowler always have them whipping the stumps of even tho batsman is well safe.
That is so annoying.:mad

Users who are viewing this thread