Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

I saw something new, Broad bowled a short ball and the keeper jumped up but it wen't over his head for 4.

PS back to the AI fields and line and length, spinners i don't see a problem. They bowl brilliantly and take more wickets than the fast men, well of me anyway.

The problem is the fast men.:thumbs

----------

Unless I'm really comfortable on Pro, I wont move on to next level. In batting I'm already comfortable purely because AI bowls too much on leg stump. Once patch comes in that too could become difficult.

----------

13 i think. This was answered months before the release though :thumbs

Yes and no, if they bowl outside off more then we can leave it more and see a reason for more than 2 slips.

Such a laggy experience! I hope this was just because of network issues..
It could just be this:

It is not lag during online play, it is by design as follows:

The issue is that time it takes for the ball to be bowled is actually faster than the time it takes for a packet to go across the internet. So something needs to be slowed down or paused.

The key outcome is that the batsman will always sees things in real-time, as if the game was local. The bowler cannot because of above.

Once we know the bowlers input we halt the bowling machine to make sure the batsman has had time to have the delivery, this may appear as lag but it is not.

The main thing is that the batsman has to play in real time and play every ball on it's merits, they do not see the slowdown that the bowler sees.

We tried many ways to overcome this issue, slow down play, etc.. but this was the best.

Were you batting or bowling when you had the most lag?

----------

Has anyone used or seen the pavillion camera in career mode?

I saw something new, Broad bowled a short ball and the keeper jumped up but it wen't over his head for 4.

PS back to the AI fields and line and length, spinners i don't see a problem. They bowl brilliantly and take more wickets than the fast men, well of me anyway.

The problem is the fast men.:thumbs

Hmm am I the only one who finds all the 5/6/7-fors a little disconcerting when few have had the game for more than a day? Some people have already found the cracks in the batting AI so what happens in a months time when everyone is regularly dismissing the AI for sub 100 scores? What botheted me most from some of the footage was the AI continually edging to the keeper from a spinner...about 5 or 6 times copy/paste dismissals - im left a bit worried.

Hmm am I the only one who finds all the 5/6/7-fors a little disconcerting when few have had the game for more than a day? Some people have already found the cracks in the batting AI so what happens in a months time when everyone is regularly dismissing the AI for sub 100 scores? What botheted me most from some of the footage was the AI continually edging to the keeper from a spinner...about 5 or 6 times copy/paste dismissals - im left a bit worried.

Bigant will patch it so i am not worried, cricket is a hard game to get right. Give them time. Still a very enjoyable game.

Can anyone confirm if the PS3 version of the game works on normal sd tvs? The cricket games in the past such as ashes didn't.

It could just be this:

Were you batting or bowling when you had the most lag?

----------

Has anyone used or seen the pavillion camera in career mode?

Lag was while bowling. Sometimes the fielding sped up and sometimes slowed down.

Biggest issue: fielder stopped a ball rolling on the ground just outside the circle and suddenly it was declared a catch out!! @BigAntStudios you might want to check this.

Will this video be ever ready?

The new video by twisted is awesome
Don Bradman Cricket 14: Australia vs India ODI https://youtu.be/TOe2NWRb3sI

Very nice. This video does show how unrealistic the fielding is though. There is one shot where he smashed a cover drive to the side of the fielder, who was fairly deep. In real life that's a run every time, even if the guy stops it because he will be off balance, and hence it will either be a quick but inaccurate throw or he'll take an extra second to balance.

In the video the fielder almost immediately throws at the stump, side on, and hits.

One of the most fundamental aspects of cricket is quick singles. One thing that Ashes 2009 and IC 2010 got right was being able to angle defensive shots and push quick singles. I'll be annoyed if we can't do that in this game due to the overpowered fielders.

Can someone please try a game where all of the fielders have their throw accuracy significantly reduced? Does it help?

Agreed. That is my only genuine worry at the minute, direct hits are few and far between.

Agreed. That is my only genuine worry at the minute, direct hits are few and far between.

Given everyone here has noticed that within one game, playing or on YouTube, it's surprising it didn't get picked up and rectified during testing.

It's also a bit annoying to see the bowler and wicket keeper throw down the stumps at inappropriate times, but at least that doesn't affect the gameplay.

Given everyone here has noticed that within one game, playing or on YouTube, it's surprising it didn't get picked up and rectified during testing.

It's also a bit annoying to see the bowler and wicket keeper throw down the stumps at inappropriate times, but at least that doesn't affect the gameplay.

Yeah, it is very surprising. All the players are throwing as if they have full attributes needed for throwing. The test you propose needs to be done to see if lowering them to the lowest level reduces it. Even a player with maxed out stats related to throwing shouldn't be hitting every time.

Lol @ 8:22 - bit of an AC13 moment there. Great video on the whole though.

Users who are viewing this thread