Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

border33

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
More gems from the chunntser...

p.s. AVOID top 50-200, the top 10 especially... and just search 'chunnster', vote five stars and download each team (a simple click or two) and we can overcome the scum and we/you can have the fun/teams/gaming experience we were promised and that we deserved. For all those wondering, how do we stop a scum forum like PlanetCricket bullying us and sabotaging something... and the answer is: by complaining to them and/or Big Ant... it will please some of you to know that I got a legal advocate to contact PlanetCricket and issue them a final warning to serve them with papers and a court hearing date for defamation on their site and the organisational of criminal activity. This should keep them twiddling their thumbs (or the one not up their bum) for a while yet.. knowing they can now be taken down at any point.

Skatie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
More gems from the chunntser...

p.s. AVOID top 50-200, the top 10 especially... and just search 'chunnster', vote five stars and download each team (a simple click or two) and we can overcome the scum and we/you can have the fun/teams/gaming experience we were promised and that we deserved. For all those wondering, how do we stop a scum forum like PlanetCricket bullying us and sabotaging something... and the answer is: by complaining to them and/or Big Ant... it will please some of you to know that I got a legal advocate to contact PlanetCricket and issue them a final warning to serve them with papers and a court hearing date for defamation on their site and the organisational of criminal activity. This should keep them twiddling their thumbs (or the one not up their bum) for a while yet.. knowing they can now be taken down at any point.

:facepalm

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Do you really think it's that easy? Really dude? Get a grip.

Going to pop into the local EB in a few minutes, it won't be on the shelf BUT I HAVE TO KNOW, I won't even be able to play it I have 2 games of soccer to play and then Uni work is due tomorrow that I'll have to edit WHAT AM I DOING

Dude....you seem like a young nice bloke. So i am going to give you some advice. Get your priorities right man. Or you will look back and regret this moment. F**k the school work and go get the game and play it through the whole night, skip the class in the morning and throw an email to the professor that you have terminal cancer. NO professor will ever ask you to show a doctor's note for that shyt. Worked for me every time.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
So guys I had my first crack at the game yesterday. Once Windies scored over 130, I knew watching Pak bat will be a torture. So I hopped into the game.
I went for match practice and got an idea of batting.
I then batted against Australia and Kiwis in T20 and ODIs respectively.
I found the batting to be intuitive. First few overs were a struggle but then I realized that I needed to be stationary till the last moment, watch the ball and then play the shot. Premeditating is not the way to go in this game. The AI bowlers were not particularly quick except for Mitch. Faulkner did not ball at pace of more than 112 KPH. It is pertinent to mention that I had replaced all the teams from Cricket Academy so that might have something to do with slowness of the medium fast bowlers. All the Kiwis bowlers were very slow also.
I had absolutely no issue with running between the wickets. It was actually enjoyable.
I found out a few nuances though. I played a lot of straight drives, many which were straight to the bowler who dropped all of these catches. I think this is a commentary bug. IMO, most of these supposed Dropped chances were not catches at all. They were what is called a crowd catch in cricket.
Another thing that I was a little disappointed with was lack of offside bowling. Almost all the balls were either pitching on middle or leg ala EA Cricket 2005. I could not manage to find a single bowl to cut.
Another thing I would like to share is that I found the control for movement of batsman before the ball to be non responsive at most times. Even when my batsman moved, he crept back automatically to the orthodox position.
I tried to bowl in match practice but I still can't get my head around the controls. I am sure it will be fun when I finally learn how to bowl.
This is just an initial impression. I think getting used to the game might solve most of the problems above.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Ross I'm going to need a doctors certificate for the next 7 days due to DBC fever hook me up? :p

Not on the shelf but looked like they were making room for something, a full row was empty in the 360 new release section, a few boxes were stacked beside the counter, didn't get a look at what they were, not gonna be a weirdo and ask..

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ROSS GOT CAKE!!

This day just got awesome.

No DBC14 stock at my local EB, will arrive tomorrow morning apparently. So tomorrow, I shall play.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ROSS GOT CAKE!!

This day just got awesome.

No DBC14 stock at my local EB, will arrive tomorrow morning apparently. So tomorrow, I shall play.

Lots of cake!! What an awesome gesture :)

imhassan

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
@BigAntStudios This is a happy start to the day! :D

It's breakfast time here in Dubai and the weather also looks nice ;)

ZqVwLpA.jpg

P.S. it's raining in the match and it got reduced to 12 overs before even the toss began. It's drizzling but very difficult to tell in the video: http://instagram.com/p/mRjaETRNrG/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread