Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Doncharted

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Game Releasing In Canada?

Hey,

I'm really looking forward to this game. Does anyone know if this game will be available to buy in Canada or US (through Retail Stores or from Online Stories like amazon)? THANKS! :)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
With people worried about cut scenes and all, am surprised that we didn't ask Ross about fixing a match and getting a life ban in career mode! :p

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
am surprised that we didn't ask Ross about fixing a match and getting a life ban in career mode!
Yeah that would be crazy,
Can we have a Sreesanth mode where you do all the hard work then through it away for match fixing?
lol And (Peggi) ratings will depend only if the Ipl spot fixing players are included and the person you mentioned is clean as per the evidences
@Ross:Is there Spot Fixing in your game?Because i am sure Sree Santh will be there in the Indian player list in the game Also with the infos there is a possibility of unlicensed IPL too

*most* mentions are jokes at least.

DAP1987

School Cricketer
Hey,

I'm really looking forward to this game. Does anyone know if this game will be available to buy in Canada or US (through Retail Stores or from Online Stories like amazon)? THANKS! :)

I'm no expert mate, but i'd probably take a punt at no it wont be released in the US or Canada...just like NCAA football isnt released outside of the US, because they won't see the market as big enough

But if you've got a PS3 then you'd be able to buy it from Europe and play it anyway :)

...I may be COMPLETELY wrong and it might be released so don't take this as a definite answer, more of my opinion on the matter

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You know how people mentioned the front foot going below the surface of the pitch in the BARS video/screenshots? Well I just saw EA's attempt at Madden on the next-gen consoles, and just take a look at the middle of this screenshot - just straight underground.

I want to see Big Ant focusing on the blades of grass when DBC is on PS4/Xbone.

Are people really gonna see that in real time? Would it be a game breaker??

Last edited by a moderator:

Crossy333

County Cricketer
I'm no expert mate, but i'd probably take a punt at no it wont be released in the US or Canada...just like NCAA football isnt released outside of the US, because they won't see the market as big enough

But if you've got a PS3 then you'd be able to buy it from Europe and play it anyway :)

...I may be COMPLETELY wrong and it might be released so don't take this as a definite answer, more of my opinion on the matter

I believe Ross has confirmed that they have had quite a bit of interest from all over the world, including Canada and the US. So from my understanding a release in these countries are likely.

However, whether that happens on the release date or a few months later I'm not sure.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I believe Ross has confirmed that they have had quite a bit of interest from all over the world, including Canada and the US. So from my understanding a release in these countries are likely.

However, whether that happens on the release date or a few months later I'm not sure.

We are working with online distribution in the US/Canada so at least the shipping/pricing will be local, I can't confirm anything as yet though.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
We are working with online distribution in the US/Canada so at least the shipping/pricing will be local, I can't confirm anything as yet though.

That would be great if you would be able to work on some options in US.

Game distribution stores like Walmart & Best Buy would be easily accessible to distribute I reckon? Ashes 09 PS3 copies were distributed in Walmart stores.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States

Game distribution stores like Walmart & Best Buy would be easily accessible to distribute I reckon? Ashes 09 PS3 copies were distributed in Walmart stores.

I think they are looking for online distribution only.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Yes, they are working on online options but would be a good option if they also have given a thought of these stores. They are not for gaming( one is retailer while other is electronics ), however best selling games always come here too first along with major stores specific for gaming.

Not sure, but they could be easily accessible ones for distribution. Ofcourse WM is no 1 retailer, still it would be a worth a try. Even GTA V was easily accessible in WM when many of my friends were waiting for a while to arrive. Same to EA Fifa/PES series.

mattk

Club Captain
I'm by no means an expert but online distribution in North America makes sense to me.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What if a couple of USA guys want to buy the game and have no idea how to play cricket? Surely there should be a 'Basic rules of cricket' on the manual or in game ?

mattk

Club Captain
What if a couple of USA guys want to buy the game and have no idea how to play cricket? Surely there should be a 'Basic rules of cricket' on the manual or in game ?

My impressions from what we have seen and what Ross has posted is that if you don't know cricket then this isn't the game for you. And for that reason it most likely would get terrible reviews in the US

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I've got a pretty good handle on US retail from having lived there for quite a while when working with the NFL. We've previously sold into Walmart (1M+ copies of Sprint Cars) but Cricket will never be a Walmart title.

----------

My impressions from what we have seen and what Ross has posted is that if you don't know cricket then this isn't the game for you. And for that reason it most likely would get terrible reviews in the US

I don't expect it will get any reviews in the US, as far as I know RLL1/2 & AFL Live 1 did not.

Users who are viewing this thread