ATMega169P

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mode: The whole game!
Match Type: N/A
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): N/A
Ground: N/A
System: PS3

Since everyone complained that I don't give constructive feedbacks, here it is.

Patch 2 fixed the issue of fielders taking off the bails every time the ball gets to them which is good. Also, the stamina for the bowlers has been fixed. Stupid AI dismissals have also disappeared. But the negatives totally demolish the positives (which is what was expected with Big Ant :facepalm)

Now with the negatives, I don't know where to start as the list has grown after patch 2 instead of shortening down. I don't know if physics have been used in this game at all because if I remember correctly, the edges off the bat should be more likely to carry to the keeper if the ball was bowled at 153 kph than those bowled at 120 kph. But since this is "cricket like never before", all the balls I've bowled between 146 kph and 153 kph did not carry through to the keeper or the slips but 70% of the balls I've bowled between 120 kph and 130 kph easily carried through. This had never happened before patch 2.

After this patch, 10 of my games out of 17 were frozen after taking the last wicket because of which I had to restart the system. Again, this never happened before patch 2.

Where are the bouncers in this game? Were they removed in patch 2? I've been bowling short pitch deliveries at 153.1 kph and the ball never takes off from the pitch. The highest it goes is up to the batsman's waist. I thought bouncers were suppose to be above the chest height? or maybe I was watching a different game of cricket all this time than the rest of the world. But again, this is "cricket like never before" so maybe it was suppose to happen.:rolleyes

I can go on about these but the main issue I was to discuss is this one where the batsmen play the same shot 80% of the time. Have you ever seen batsmen trying to pull a delivery wide off stump to the leg side 80% of the time they are at the crease? Well you can in Don Bradman Cricket 14 because this is "cricket like never before". I've been bowling either at or wide off stump but that is the only shot the batsmen play. If this doesn't happen then they hit a late cut to 3rd man which is always in the air and goes for a 60% of the time. How are you suppose to get the batsman to edge a good length delivery when all he knows is to play a pull shot? It doesn't even matter what line the ball is bowled at, its always the same shot. :facepalm

So when are we getting patch 3 to fix issues caused by patch 1 and 2? Are we also going to get patch 4 to fix issues caused by patch 1, 2, and 3? Then are we going to...? (ehhh, well you get the point)

ATMega169P

Banned
Shame for you.....just dont play it. Plenty of people enjoying it.

Wait whaaaa??? You didn't like my constructive feedback? Why shouldn't I play the game? I paid for it and I have the right to give my feedback and this time it was in a suitable manner. So buzz off dude.

Benprobert

School Cricketer
I completely agree with ATMega all the issues he's brought up are the same ones as me. Just don't agree with the way you've gone about saying it.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
The fact I have PES 2014 and a World Cup is on really has curbed my enthusiasm for the patch, and knowing the save and exit issue could crop up, shame as it is a really good new update, and makes the game feel so much nicer.

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mode: The whole game!
Match Type: N/A
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): N/A
Ground: N/A
System: PS3

Since everyone complained that I don't give constructive feedbacks, here it is.

Patch 2 fixed the issue of fielders taking off the bails every time the ball gets to them which is good. Also, the stamina for the bowlers has been fixed. Stupid AI dismissals have also disappeared. But the negatives totally demolish the positives (which is what was expected with Big Ant :facepalm)

Now with the negatives, I don't know where to start as the list has grown after patch 2 instead of shortening down. I don't know if physics have been used in this game at all because if I remember correctly, the edges off the bat should be more likely to carry to the keeper if the ball was bowled at 153 kph than those bowled at 120 kph. But since this is "cricket like never before", all the balls I've bowled between 146 kph and 153 kph did not carry through to the keeper or the slips but 70% of the balls I've bowled between 120 kph and 130 kph easily carried through. This had never happened before patch 2.

After this patch, 10 of my games out of 17 were frozen after taking the last wicket because of which I had to restart the system. Again, this never happened before patch 2.

Where are the bouncers in this game? Were they removed in patch 2? I've been bowling short pitch deliveries at 153.1 kph and the ball never takes off from the pitch. The highest it goes is up to the batsman's waist. I thought bouncers were suppose to be above the chest height? or maybe I was watching a different game of cricket all this time than the rest of the world. But again, this is "cricket like never before" so maybe it was suppose to happen.:rolleyes

I can go on about these but the main issue I was to discuss is this one where the batsmen play the same shot 80% of the time. Have you ever seen batsmen trying to pull a delivery wide off stump to the leg side 80% of the time they are at the crease? Well you can in Don Bradman Cricket 14 because this is "cricket like never before". I've been bowling either at or wide off stump but that is the only shot the batsmen play. If this doesn't happen then they hit a late cut to 3rd man which is always in the air and goes for a 60% of the time. How are you suppose to get the batsman to edge a good length delivery when all he knows is to play a pull shot? It doesn't even matter what line the ball is bowled at, its always the same shot. :facepalm

So when are we getting patch 3 to fix issues caused by patch 1 and 2? Are we also going to get patch 4 to fix issues caused by patch 1, 2, and 3? Then are we going to...? (ehhh, well you get the point)

What?

Most of what I'm reading here actually looks like you're not very good at playing this game.

That's OK, you don't have to be good at playing this game - it's just not OK when you blame the game.

Learn not to suck, you'll get better results. Alternatively you could die, I don't care either way.

Benprobert

School Cricketer
What?

Most of what I'm reading here actually looks like you're not very good at playing this game.

That's OK, you don't have to be good at playing this game - it's just not OK when you blame the game.

Learn not to suck, you'll get better results. Alternatively you could die, I don't care either way.

I was having the same problembs as him. I have now changed from a fast bowler to fast medium and the edges are carrying so seams to have sorted that part out. The fact that they play back cuts to behind square on the off side when I'm bowling at leg stump is a bit far fetched IMO.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This message is hidden because ATMega169P is on your ignore list.

You are wasting your time.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
He just can't play the game very well, you're not missing much. That's the summary of 3 paragraphs of waffle and misplaced vitriol.

Benprobert

School Cricketer
Guys if I'm having the same problems as him I'm obviously not doing things right any tips on how to get the balls to carry as a fast bowler ?

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
on 360 career match i took the last wkt of the test match for my 3rd wkt but got a 10 wkt haul for match. on exiting at end of the game it froze.
so when trying again i got the 2nd last wkt from where i last saved. i tried to save it so i didnt miss out on the 10 wkt points. and it froze while doing so.
on 3rd attempt i couldnt get the wkt and others did. game ended and yup it still froze on exit.
So I cant play career mode on 360 now :(

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I completely agree with ATMega all the issues he's brought up are the same ones as me. Just don't agree with the way you've gone about saying it.

Succinctly putting forward issues will see them more able to be fixed.

He's spoken a lot of absolute crap previously, e.g. statements such as patch#2 was never submitted blah blah blah, so if you completely, as in 100%, agree with him then I would find it hard to take you seriously.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Guys if I'm having the same problems as him I'm obviously not doing things right any tips on how to get the balls to carry as a fast bowler ?

Honestly, practice. He tutorials help, but it's just practice. I find I've been getting much better at bowling playing online against someone who's really good, like Matt for example. Just getting tips from him, trying different things. Online helps a lot, since I've been practicing spin I've had better results against the AI. Same rules apply for batting, get thrashed by someone online and learn tricks from them. Playing with a mate at home helps as well, my brother in law was over the other weekend and he picked up the batting controls WAY better and faster than I did. It's definately a skill some people have that others don't.

So practice.

Benprobert

School Cricketer
Succinctly putting forward issues will see them more able to be fixed.

He's spoken a lot of absolute crap previously, e.g. statements such as patch#2 was never submitted blah blah blah, so if you completely, as in 100%, agree with him then I would find it hard to take you seriously.

I only agree with the problembs he is having such as balls not carrying, if I Appel for a caught behind when they do the game freezes I have read a little solution for that one now so not that big of a deal., bouncers not getting above waist height ,AI playing silly shots in my opinion I'm just a little frustrated as I'm completely in love with the game. It's the most realistic cricket game I've ever played just a couple of minor tweaks and it would be perfect.

----------

Honestly, practice. He tutorials help, but it's just practice. I find I've been getting much better at bowling playing online against someone who's really good, like Matt for example. Just getting tips from him, trying different things. Online helps a lot, since I've been practicing spin I've had better results against the AI. Same rules apply for batting, get thrashed by someone online and learn tricks from them. Playing with a mate at home helps as well, my brother in law was over the other weekend and he picked up the batting controls WAY better and faster than I did. It's definately a skill some people have that others don't.

So practice.

Thanks for your advice :) It's just everything is so realistic except from bouncers don't get up high enough and balls don't carry through to the keeper when I'm bowling at 97mph I'm fine with everything else

Dougie1

Club Cricketer
After Patch 2 the game keeps hanging at the end of a match or after continuing from a saved game - sort it out Big Ant please - I didn't pay good money for a game that hangs!!!!!!!

I never had this problem before Patch 2!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread