Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
ok so i folded...

thankfully it runs well on my (work) laptop.

much better in terms of loading/cuts etc. infinite improvement.

ai field placings better, quite a bit better though in pure "cricket" gameplay remains one of the biggest areas for improvement.

very nice to be able to have bowling assistance on higher levels, i have played predominately as a batsman so i like having this. using audio on veteran as i don't want the HUD. it's a really good touch.

fielders seem less bullet armed.

edges much more varied, top edged a cut and was out to a fantastic catch in the gully. looked lovely. in general i am gonna have to "re-learn" cuts because i think i edged a lot more.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
edges much more varied, top edged a cut and was out to a fantastic catch in the gully. looked lovely. in general i am gonna have to "re-learn" cuts because i think i edged a lot more.

Do the bowlers bowl more outside off, such that you can actually play cut shots? If found it very rare to ever play a cut shot.

sobti

School Cricketer
1st online match and 1st win...:thumbs:thumbs:cheers

Practice paid off...long way to go though, spinners are still difficult to deal with.
10500386_864963556866328_5807193126665369615_n.jpg

jmarcf

Club Captain
It's not always abut GBs... anyway how the game / CA performs on your laptop ?

Really nice until the end of a match :noway but it might not be the games fault FIFA 14 has been crashing a bit as well lately.

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Want to try online before i go to work in a couple of hours but cannot find a game.:noway

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cheers Ross! :cheers

Good to see such positive response already, I'm sure more reviews will catch up by the evening. I'll surely do one myself but I wont be able to try out the game till the next few hours.

Thus far, I don't think any one has encountered any problems in running the game, not talking about crashing. Some member posted a few pages back that the game works on his 500MB nvidia card, that's good news. :thumbs

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cheers Ross! :cheers

Good to see such positive response already, I'm sure more reviews will catch up by the evening. I'll surely do one myself but I wont be able to try out the game till the next few hours.

Thus far, I don't think any one has encountered any problems in running the game, not talking about crashing. Some member posted a few pages back that the game works on his 500MB nvidia card, that's good news. :thumbs

Yea that was me:),the only worry i have is online,is it working because i cannot find a game.:lol

jebez

School Cricketer
how can i play against AI in Casual mode?. I can able to select teams but It always plays as AI vs AI. How can select user side?

----------

I found out how to select user team.

Pat

International Coach
Game seems ok on my nvidia 9600 graphics card which only has 500 mb memory.

I think I have the same card and it surprisingly works well on default (highest?) settings.

What I am really excited about is to see the kind of mods that folks here at PlanetCricket will come up with for this game. We have a decent cricket game on PC after nearly 5 years, so I am hoping to see a lot of activity on the soon-to-be "DBC Downloads" section here on PlanetCricket forum.

Last edited:
Hey Big Ant, I have a few queries.

When playing the game I find it is quite choppy and Im not sure why because my PC reaches the recommended requirements and is able to run FIFA 14, Watch Dogs etc at a high level with no such issues?

Is there are option to play the game in Windowed Mode, if so how do I do that?

I tried the bordered windowless mode but that still launches the game in fullscreen?

Thanks,
Shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread