Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Pro Cam "Sneak Peek"

I guess that means the pigeons have been removed too.

John 11:35

interesting video, look alot quicker than the bars video :)

is there an similar view with the option to not see the helmet even though your wearing one, I play cricket so the cam is good but being through a screen Id prefer a wider picture of whats going of

interesting video, look alot quicker than the bars video :)

is there an similar view with the option to not see the helmet even though your wearing one, I play cricket so the cam is good but being through a screen Id prefer a wider picture of whats going of

Yes, Ross has confirmed this here.

Well I'm really excited about this. I used to play with the helmet cam on cricket 2004. I've always thought that batting from behind the bowler's arm doesn't feel anything like real batting.

It does still look a bit slow to me, though. That's kind of how a mid 70's mph seamer looks to me in real life.

Does anyone know if they have a mode which delivers the ball from hand to bat in a real life accurate .4 to .5 of a second time frame? I'd love that, although I guess that might be a bit tough for casual gamers.

I understand the idea behind not having a ball marker but I think it's slightly simplistic to say that it's accurate because you don't have a marker in real life. In real life the batsman gets a lot of information from reading the bowling action. Effectively you get a big clue about where the ball will land right at the moment of release completely independent of your ability to visually track the ball, so I've always though a rough area marker which appears at the point of release would be the most accurate simulation of an experienced player's thought process.

The zoomy stripe thing might be cool too, though.

in the gameplay video with bars the delivery looks slow(partly because it was a 118lmph and also because i think speeds will be slower from that angle .if the speeds are same from both cams you might not be able to play the ball in behind bowler viiew)
but have a look at the pro cam video (150kmph ball)it looks really really fast in this cam.the difference is clear.it'll roughly be .5 sec reaction time.you'll have to make some changes to make the game playable.

...or we'll just have to practice and play the game lots to get good at it.

Users who are viewing this thread