Don Bradman Cricket 17 PAX Live Stream Discussion

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
do you think an iOS launch will affect things that much?

It will have some affect. Mainly eating up all the oxygen in the games media, general economic reasons and simply the amount of TIME it will suck up too.

When you consider that DBC is now caught up in the week of 2016's biggest film AND one of its biggest games, it just pushes it futher into the niche and can only discourage a wider audience.

I think those that were going to buy DBC will still buy it: it's just going to be harder to widen the net: certainly I think marketing spend would be really waster there - maybe some big new feature added in free DLC plus a bunch of fixes and improvements some time in the new year would be a better time.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It will have some affect. Mainly eating up all the oxygen in the games media, general economic reasons and simply the amount of TIME it will suck up too.

When you consider that DBC is now caught up in the week of 2016's biggest film AND one of its biggest games, it just pushes it futher into the niche and can only discourage a wider audience.

I think those that were going to buy DBC will still buy it: it's just going to be harder to widen the net: certainly I think marketing spend would be really waster there - maybe some big new feature added in free DLC plus a bunch of fixes and improvements some time in the new year would be a better time.

i'm gonna confirm my image as a crusty old dean here, but what movie?

kasabian21

International Coach
Regardless of what is happening around that time (and whether or not it'll have an impact), Big Ant have an ace up their sleeve in the form of James Taylor. I'm sure he'll be giving the game a plug to his 100k twitter followers, 270k facebook fans and his 60k instagram followers. Sure is gonna be a lot of cricket fans in that lot!

Crossy333

County Cricketer
I think people should stop fretting about trailers etc... firstly, these guys are professionals and unless you have released a game on console and PC globally then you probably can't make comment. If have, good for you.

Secondly, planet cricket and the hardcore fans are hyped. Play test was a way to generate word of mouth marketing. Get people to play the game and then they tell others that it's awesome. Free ads really.

Thirdly, spending all your money now on marketing a game that isn't out for four weeks is pointless. A trailer now is pointless... do you remember any trailers you watched a month ago? Probably not. Unless it was a AAA game with megabucks for a marketing budget who target various platforms.

It wouldn't surprise me if much of the marketing is done right before release because the unless you have spent shed loads generating hype for a game over an extended period. It's better to tell people about the game when they can get the game now.

And let's not forget cricket season has just started and I assure you it is not accident that the release coincides with the statt of the Big Bash League.
So be patient guys (and girls), they know their stuff. It'll be all ok.

Users who are viewing this thread