Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Plz somebody tell me that at which resolution should i play this game on ps4 (1080 or 720)

It's PS4. Let it choose the default resolution (say 1080). If it doesn't work for you, change it to the other resolution (720 p).

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One really small feature I found missing was the abiltiy to see the batsman and bowler's strength and weaknesses in DBC 14! Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't seen that on the Steam Version of the game yet which I use. If it's not there, then that will be one of the suggestions to bring it back if possible!

papalazarou

Club Captain
More visual weather with overcast lighting that varies over time. I know its not critical but I always think weather is a big aspect of test cricket and will add to the experience.

Agreed, it does actually mention on page.16 of the manual "Skies can be sunny to overcast" which suggests transitional weather but I'm yet to see it in game despite having it forecast. Is this a bug do you think?

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One really small feature I found missing was the abiltiy to see the batsman and bowler's strength and weaknesses in DBC 14! Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't seen that on the Steam Version of the game yet which I use. If it's not there, then that will be one of the suggestions to bring it back if possible!
It's there in dbc14, RS button press shows batsman's strength n weakness if I remember correctly[DOUBLEPOST=1484772504][/DOUBLEPOST]
More visual weather with overcast lighting that varies over time. I know its not critical but I always think weather is a big aspect of test cricket and will add to the experience.
Yeah overcast skies are beautiful to watch

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
would be great to have the ability to choose uniforms in every career mode game, will eliminate the issue where creators are not assigning correct uniforms and just a straight up issue with the game.

Last edited:

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I would like to see the day and time displayed onscreen for test matches rather than having to go into the pause menu to check.
It would help keep track of the time when simulating overs.

eg. Day 2 11:34am

Yeah I suggested this a while back now....

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Show replay whenever there was an appeal but not from the side angle.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Agreed, it does actually mention on page.16 of the manual "Skies can be sunny to overcast" which suggests transitional weather but I'm yet to see it in game despite having it forecast. Is this a bug do you think?

I have had rain once - but actually didnt see any rain. The skies were cloudy - but high clouds - and was still sunny. yes sometimes it says its cloudy in forecast but there not a cloud in the sky. Dynamic weather and lighting would be brilliant

AlanB

School Cricketer
Hi I have the xbox version of the game. Generally happy with it. One thing that i have noticed in career mode is that each country and sometime state has different amounts of club sides. For example english and aus have 8 teams in a group. In the west indies however the larger sides like Jamaica have 6 club teams and sides like windwards have only 4. The amount of points you get per game is always 3000. This means that someone playing in england will get a minimum of 14 games to boost their stats per year whilst players in other areas only get 6 games. With each game giving only 3000 points it means it will take much much longer to get to decent stat levels in some countries.

I think this needs to be balanced a little more. Either by having equal amounts of club teams, two round robins for 4 team leagues or weighted points for club matches depending on the prospective number of games.

Has anyone noticed this?

Also on a completely seperate issue. With the logo limit (assuming this cant be increased) it would be nice when downloading a team to be able to choose what things you want to download. Ie. I dont really care about the bat logos but i do want to get as many kits as possible so can we have an option to download without bats when getting a team?

Many thanks.

Last edited:

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
So i don't know if it is on purpose that players still play for their lower grade sides while on international duty, or it is still an issue with duplicate players.

There really should be a system like in RLL3's career mode where players picked for international and state of origin games can't be selected for club games. This is what I gathered when dynamic lineups in career mode was first mentioned.

I'm not sure of how hard it would be to implement or the differences between the 2 games career modes, but implementing this would take career mode to the next level.

It has been a slight bummer that I'm already playing with the likes of David Warner and Steve Smith, even when they are on tour in other countries at the same time! When I should be playing with Ed Cowan and Daniel Hughes (no disrespect to those two players :p)

I will be starting a new career mode without star players in the state sides for a temporary fix, but it would be awesome if the lineups would truly be dynamic and stop players playing in 2 places halfway across the world.

Cheers.

Good thing batting and bowling is really good, especially batting, loving the new shots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread