England in the 90s

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I'd love to see a simulated match between your England side vs my Pakistan 96-97 side.. test of course

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'd love to see a simulated match between your England side vs my Pakistan 96-97 side.. test of course

well actually I’ll be using a lot of those players when I hit summer 92... think there’s only a few players you haven’t made that featured in that series, and a couple of those are on the server mainly from @Mouseydread

be a few weeks before I reach that - have this test plus 3 more in the ashes, 5 against windies at home summer 91, then 3 away vs NZ winter tour 91/92 before I reach the 92 home summer series vs Pakistan. Already putting the team together though[DOUBLEPOST=1586213406][/DOUBLEPOST]
Had a look always interesting to see how people play the game.Gus cheated out of a wicket but there you go.

was a tough day’s cricket. This game is quality when it all goes right.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That day bowling then the session and a bit (some play lost to rain though strangely it wasn't visible!) bowling/batting were really enjoyable. No game has ever been able to produce such a reasonable facsimile of test cricket.

Reid feeding the legside clip without much protection is the only quibble, but a left-armer on an off day will do that.

They batted 100 overs at under 3 an over... had points where they scored more freely, especially when Jones and Taylor were together... had a batsman make a century. Only dismissal that was a little odd was Boon running himself out first ball going for 3, but it wasn't a "stupid" run out - Tufnell's direct hit was the most unbelievable thing about it!!

Then batting I've had to work for my runs, and lost a wicket playing forward to one I should have been back to and it hit me high on the bat...

Good game, this.

D

Dutch

Fantastic idea to play all of the England test matches in the 90's! Can't wait for South Africa '95

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
ps - anyone noticed the Eagle Star adboards? They sponsored the sky coverage of the tour as well as donating some money to split between england players, the TCCB and grass roots cricket

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
In the ten minutes i watched he drove at every ball! :p

yeah the strike rate is cuz I only hit one out of every 8!!

Was going swimmingly till Hughes' late burst and my disastrous decision to try Fraser as nightwatchman!!

Atherton and Gower need to bat well to repair the damage of losing 3 wickets for 6 runs! Can Atherton get a maiden hundred?

will stream day 3 in a bit

Users who are viewing this thread