Story England International Season - September 8th, 2007 - India in England

Who will finish victorious in the Natwest ODI Series?

• Total voters

innes

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
treva
i have a problem
ive downloaded the config editor by parakesh (spelling), but im missing a file
read the readme, and tried to get the file, but the url is down :(
do you think you or anybody else could post theirversion up please?
im sick of c07 :)
cheerrs

innes

Club Cricketer
Thanks so much :D

hehe, yeah sorry, got a little carried away ;)
but am really enjoying it, but dissapointing collingwood :(

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Trev I sent you my msn please add me as I still can't see any variation in shots just hit 3 backfoot cover drives with Ponting all in one line for four, so please add me because I don't want this awesome story to be smuthered with ugly AI Patching posts!

;)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Innovative Dravid secures that India are on top at end of day 1

Rahul Dravid's innovative call to bowl Sachin Tendulkar and Anil Kumble with the new ball paid off as India got 3 wickets in the evening session. Bell was the first to go, unnecessarily charging Irfan Pathan and edging to slip for a simple catch to Wasim Jaffer. Ian Bell went for 12 from 38 balls. Dravid took the new ball and decided to keep Anil Kumble bowling as the ball would bounce a lot more. It also turned a lot more and Kumble immediately dismissed Matt Prior with a ball that spun and bounced and deceiving Prior. The ball pitched just on the line of leg stump and Prior went to drive and the ball hit the pads and Bucknor slowly raised the finger. Fantastic decision and Prior left Strauss with the tail leaving for 26 off 46 balls including 5 boundaries. Sidebottom joined Strauss at the crease who was running out of partners. He had to attack and try and get England past 400. A full ball bowled by Kumble enticed Strauss to hit over the top. Strauss tried to get straight over Kumble's head by sliced the ball to a waiting Dinesh Karthik at mid off. A fantastic knock had come to an end at 169 runs in 231 balls. Strauss had certainly done his job but would have wished to be not out overnight. Tremlett and Sidebottom held on for the last quarter of an hour surviving some near misses. Overall it turned out to be India's day with Kumble being the stand out bowler.

England 319/7 - Sidebottom 6* (15), Tremlett 3* (11)
83 overs - Kumble 3/77, Pathan 2/106

Batsman Dismissed - Cook b. I.Pathan 1 (15)
Vaughan Run Out Z.Khan 39 (44)
Pietersen b. A.Kumble 48 (95)
Collingwood b. RP.Singh c. V.Sehwag 1 (3)
Bell b. I.Pathan c. W.Jaffer 12 (38)
Prior LBW b. A.Kumble 26 (46)
Strauss b. A.Kumble c. D.Karthik 169 (231)

Session Highlights

strauss169ds4.jpg

----------------

kumblethemagnificenttu6.jpg

Just so you guys can see the update and comment on it :)

Highlander999

ICC President
LOL. Nice update mate ;)

Strauss did a very good job but the spin ripped through England. Very tight match so far though. Keep up the good work mate

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
England tail crumble as rain falls down at Lords

England on top at lunch on day 3 with Monty Panesar taking 3 wickets to leave India reeling at 108/4. England earlier made only 23 more to their overnight score of 319/7. Tremlett was the first to go for 3 from 13 balls being trapped LBW by Tendulkar. The ball was going onto hit middle off and a simple decision by Simon Taufel to adjudge Tremlett out. Sidebottom then ran himself out trying to get a few runs onto the scoreboard. He faced 42 balls for his 15. Panesar was the last to go, attacking the bowling and hitting some good shots, fell to RP Singh. An edge to 2nd slip was taken by Wasim Jaffer. The rain then fell during the innings break and it wasn't until 7:15 that the players got back on. 2 overs were bowled with India surviving at 9/0. Both sides would need a brisk start on day 3 if they want to force a positive result.

England 342 all out - Anderson 0* (0)
91 overs - Kumble 3/85, RP Singh 2/31

Innings Scorecard

Cook b. I.Pathan 1 (15)
Vaughan Run Out Z.Khan 39 (44)
Pietersen b. A.Kumble 48 (95)
Collingwood b. RP.Singh c. V.Sehwag 1 (3)
Bell b. I.Pathan c. W.Jaffer 12 (38)
Prior LBW b. A.Kumble 26 (46)
Sidebottom Run Out S.Ganguly 15 (42)
Tremlett LBW b. S.Tendulkar 3 (13)
Panesar b. RP.Singh c. W.Jaffer 13 (26)
Anderson Not Out 0 (0)

India 9/0 - Jaffer 5*, Sehwag 4*
2 overs - Sidebottom 4/0, Anderson 5/0

England lead by 333 runs

Highlander999

ICC President
Not a brilliant score but it is acceptable. Let's hope the England bowlers can get through the Indian top order.

KUTGW mate, this is a really nice story :)

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Strauss played well there. The lower-order could have helped a bit but they batted poorly. Well done Strauss :clap And well done Treva for the emaculate presentation.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
is really stress to get out ;)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Monty magic gives England perfect start

Monty Panesar got rid of two, three and four as India finish the 1st session on day 3 at 108/4. The first wicket to fall was that of Virender Sehwag, run out by Vaughan at mid off. Vaughan decided it was time Panesar was brought on early after seeing Dravid's tactics yesterday and it certainly paid off. The ball bounced and did all sorts getting the batsman into trouble. First of his 3 wickets was that of Dinesh Karthik, who pushed forward playing no shot. The ball didn't turn and it seemed to be hitting the top of off and Karthik was on his way for 9 from 30 deliveries. Wasim Jaffer was next to go, this time trying to sweep a ball to full to sweep. The ball hit him just above the foot and was going on to hit middle and leg. Jaffer made 21 in 54 balls. The final man to go in the session was Sachin Tendulkar. Again LBW to Panesar but this time the decision was the wrong one. The ball pitched on off stump and looked as if it had hit the inside edge of the bat before cannoning into the pad. Simon Taufel raised his finger for the 3rd time and Tendulkar had to go for 7 from 27. Dravid hung on while others fell around him, scoring a quite brisk 30* in just 52 deliveries. Ganguly also scored freely before the lunch interval came with 19* from 20. A partnership needed after the break from the two experienced, middle order batsmen.

India 108/4 - Dravid 30* (52), Ganguly 19* (20)
32 overs - Panesar 3/32, Anderson 0/17

Batsmen Dismissed - Sehwag Run Out M.Vaughan 11 (14)
Karthik LBW M.Panesar 9 (30)
Jaffer LBW M.Panesar 21 (54)
Tendulkar LBW M.Panesar 7 (27)

Session Highlights

montyworkshismagicbr2.jpg

----------------

dravidandgangulywalkoffrp8.jpg

Highlander999

ICC President
Wow, spin is the key on this pitch. India are in a bit of trouble here and need Dravid and Ganguly to build a partnership.

KUTGW mate, this is a really nice story to view :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread