zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
12 hours throughout the Test match, sure. But a session or two wouldn't matter to me.

Look, the bowling team ideally is supposed to bowl 30 overs in a session. I think the average that most teams do is 27-29. So that makes a difference of about 3-4 overs in one complete session which I do not think is that big of a difference - at least not ban worthy. A fine would have been fine (no pun intended)
The bigger picture is youngsters will not turn to test cricket when it’s as slow as that, fairly certain most ex players / pundits want the test match game speeded up and for good reason. Stay still and you get left behind which is happening to test cricket

aditya123

National Board President
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Even more than the Holder decision, I`m miffed by the fact that the Antigua pitch will face sanctions. That is ridiculous. Just because England bat like millionaires and made it look worse does`nt mean the wicket was a minefield. WI showed how one can bat there. By these standards, test cricket would be a standardized fare. The wicket at Lords earlier this year was lopsided on Day 1, with the batting side having no chance to survive. That is considered alright but if it helps bowlers in Antigua, it is deemed dangerous and not upto international standards. Let us then define what one means by international standards. Is it just seaming conditions with the bounce that is like English/Aussie pitches?

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
The pitch was perfectly fine. Both teams got assistance from it. It wasn't unfair or skewed to one particular team. So no further comments about the pitch.

The over rate, look, it was slow...but I prefer a slow over rate of good bowling rather than a fast over rate of total nonsense. You want fast over rates? Look to T20. You want actual, proper cricket? Look to Tests. As a spectator on the ground I would have been damn happy to watch every single ball being delivered, slow rate or not.

This is MY team, and you're not going to deny me my pride by anything you say.

Blackwash is happening in the next match, with or without Holder. St. Lucia, here WI come.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Cricket is run by a bunch of baboons. Honestly, a test finishes in 3 days and you ban a bloke for slow over rate? Common sense is a rare thing these days.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cricket is run by a bunch of baboons. Honestly, a test finishes in 3 days and you ban a bloke for slow over rate? Common sense is a rare thing these days.
How long a test lasts is irrelevant to discussion of slow over rates otherwise could say things like

Test was over in 2 days so what does it matter they bowled at 8 overs per hour etc

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Lol! I used to read those books when I was a kid.

I think the idea of the top three being openers is a good one, at least until England find a real number 3.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's pretty disappointing to see what England is doing with Bairstow. Can this man actually nail down a spot in the batting order without shifting him all around the lineup? He is a very good player and given that he bats a specific spot all the time, such as at #5 England will get the best out of him. It's a bit annoying a good player like him being used slotting at #3, 4 and 5 while it has affected his batting and then now at 7.

Users who are viewing this thread