FAO All Xbox 360 users

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Do you play this game on 360 and long for it to be modded? If so I have a theory that I need testers for. You will be paid a large sum of vCash and i'll need 5 of you to test it. Refer to this post for what you need to do.

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sorry for sounding like a noob but how exactly do I connect my XBOX HDD to my PC ?

arjind

International Coach
Here's a kinda help:
It's illegal, because my friend downloaded AC09 for the Xbox 360
If you want, I can have a look through his downloaded files to see what there is

harrisb

International Coach
not really, because you install the game data on to your Xbox HDD from the disc. then put your HDD onto your PC.

i don't really know tbh, because i've got a PS3.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Here's a kinda help:
It's illegal, because my friend downloaded AC09 for the Xbox 360
If you want, I can have a look through his downloaded files to see what there is

From what I know of , an Xbox 360 game disc can not be read by a PC in a manner that it would allow some changes to be made to its core files. The files that make an Xbox 360 game disc cant be read by a PC apart from the Audio & Video.TS files ( which is basically the video component on a disc used for playing a video in case someone pops up a Xbox 360 disc in a PC/PS3/Xbox1/DVD Player etc.) And even if we manage to make some changes to a Games disc ,its 100% illegal & it would require of people to use illegal methods of flashing which could even get their consoles Banned from the Xbox live .

--------------

If there is any chance of Modding AC09 on Xbox 360 , it is to install the game to a HDD , transfer the game installation to a PC using a Xbox 360 Hard-Drive Transfer Kit

xbox-360-hard-drive-transfer-20070426021943688-000.jpg

xbox-360-hard-drive-transfer-20070426021946922-000.jpg

Then use Xplorer to browse through the contents of the HDD . And this IF ( a very big IF ) the games installation files can be read by the Big file editor , make changes to it . Re-transfer the modded file to the HDD Pray to the Mighty Lord & try to play the game.

-------------

BTW, in my honest opinion .......... this should NOT work.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I may test myself if I can get my hands on a HDD Transfer kit

P

pcfan123

Sounds like a lot of effort to play a game that will still be horribly flawed (since you can't use the patches)

AC11 should be out in less than a year, just wait for that Giggity

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Sounds like a lot of effort to play a game that will still be horribly flawed (since you can't use the patches)

AC11 should be out in less than a year, just wait for that Giggity

Id second that :)

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
The game is so cheap why would you waste your time finding a way so 5-6 losers/thieves who did not pay for the game can have a party together? It does sound like a lot of fun! I doubt it you could make thoses changes on PC and then transfer back to PC. It can not be that simple.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I may test myself if I can get my hands on a HDD Transfer kit
Probably the easiest way: DealExtreme: $8.39 USB Hard-Drive Transfer Kit for the Xbox 360. They take a while to ship but it is as cheap as you will find one. Some people have success getting one for free off Microsoft saying they bought a 120GB HD for a 20/60GB console.

Some games can be edited on the 360 this way, but although I think the file format of the big itself is the same across platforms, the images you'll be editing won't be, though in the 360's case there is a better chance of them being similar due to some similarities between Windows and 360 development.

As far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong in editing a game you own on a system you own, and the method using the HD transfer kit does not in itself allow piracy. However anyone discussing downloaded copies will be attacked with a shovel given an infraction. If you've bought the game, you can edit it.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for clearing that up Matt, as long as I don't get kicked off XBL i'm happy.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
If I try to blag one off Microsoft it'll cost ?12.99 apparently

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If someone can confirm it works, maybe I will buy the thing from dealextreme!

Users who are viewing this thread