Feb 27 - India v England

Dabi

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Harsh on the guy, but yeah he has been highly over rated. Is he the No.1 off spinner in the world right now? Ashwin looks far better.

You have to be joking mate! Swann is easily the best spinner today. You best get yur eyes checked if you think Ashwin looks better.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Beauty from Swann! Gambhir goes... won't mind it too much. Good innings and he did his job. Wonder who will come out. Kohli, Yuvraj perhaps? Or maybe Dhoni himself? I think it's too soon for Yusuf.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I think that's an unfair comment. Swann has consistently shown is the best spinner in Test cricket and an excellent performer in ODIs. Granted Indian batsmen are very good at playing spin and thus Swann is less of a force but to say he's only good against 'useless' players of spin is extremely unfair.

There's hardly any turn, no bounce and nothing off the seam. The odd one may be stopping, but that's a lot easier to deal with than the things I just mentioned. Sure, one ball in 6 might be hard to score off, but the other 5 are just cannon fodder.

I see Swann has started the collapse though.......:p

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Beauty there, good comeback from Swanny.
Kohli should be in now. and FGS, now more wickets for 10 overs or so.

----------

Watching it live is even more exhalirating. Sachin A'la Re!:clap

Yeah right, and I'm watching it too. Just that If I would want to watch it someday later.
Yuvi in, expected Kohli to come in. Nevermind.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
It's Yuvraj. He has a lot to prove here, with Raina on his heels. England has always been his punching bag, so it'll be interesting to see what happens here.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yuvraj, interesting. Let's see what he has in store for us. :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Tough on Kohli who is fresh off a hundred. But I guess Yuvi is in because its his favorite opposition and the idea to maintain a left-right combination out there to unsettle the bowlers.

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Harsh on the guy, but yeah he has been highly over rated. Is he the No.1 off spinner in the world right now? Ashwin looks far better.

What, your rating him poorly because you've seen him bowl a few overs against Tendulkar on a sub-continental wicket against India who are probably the best team against spin bowling?

He is rated as the no.1 test spin bowler, I think he is certainly the best test spin bowler in the world atm, but in odi's he isn't the best, I'd say he's in the top 5 definetely for odi's.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Oh,this is great!
Really wanted to find out if Swann is as good against those who can actually play spin but he's Tendulkar's property now.

Wait,he's nailed the Gambit again like he did in that test series. :p

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
As much as it pains me to say, I would say that Afridi is probably the best LOI spinner in the world today.

Users who are viewing this thread