Final: Australia vs New Zealand

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kruger van Wyk please.

Been saying that for years, he qualifies in Feburary thankfully. lthough I don't think the selectors will take any notice as McCullum is wrongly NZ's golden boy.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Oh, embarrassing let off for White, but the strokes are coming out now and it is signalling a new passage of play. They just need to avoid that collapse that NZ had at around this point.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Scoring is definitely getting easier and Patel hasn't been effective thus far. Key moment will be when Bond comes back, if we see him off that should be game.

irottev

School Cricketer
McCullum just dropped the champions tropy. Haven't seen him drop one in ages. Had to be now didn't it. Getting fed up with McCullum.

Patel shouldn't even be at the tournament. Nathen McCullum is way better. Patel is bloody useless.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
I can't watch it. The bowlers are undoing all the great work Mills and Bond started.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Patel hasn't been great yet, but I have to say it was a vital move to get Franklin off. They need him to bowl a better length if he is to be of any use as an all-rounder. He's not fast enough or tall enough to bowl short and it's odd when you'd expect him to want to swing it anyway. Butler has a little bit of bustle and he's much more suited to bowling back of a length. Even though it's probably not the best ploy on a slowish surface, he does have the ability to catch the batsmen on an attacking stroke, as has already been shown.

Now they're starting to enjoy what Butler's bringing them too, so the next change can't be too far off.

Ari

International Cricketer
It's not just the bowlers, I think White and Watson were just seeing out the new ball and they are also more set now. Showing that our batting effort was weak.

Franklin's one day bowling has always been his weakest link he does tend to go for a few. He is trying to keep it tight which he doesn't do well he should just go for wickets then he will be more effective.

Patel get out you hack.

Last edited:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
McCullum's captaining?? eff that then. i am rooting for OZ now...

irottev

School Cricketer
Never ever want to see Patel play for NZ again. He's rubbish. Get Grant Elliot on to bowl.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Bond's first bad ball smacked with authority to the fence. Both these guys looking good now and no reverse swing of note from Bond yet.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's a serious partnership now, they need to try anything to break it up. It would be worth getting Redmond on to bowl leg breaks.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
The finals clearly means nothing to New Zealand as they made McCullum captain. FFS the guy has the brains of a monkey with a crayon through it's skull.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
i know this was a while ago now, but Ravi Shastri had some serious charisma with his sunglassed on at the toss!

Users who are viewing this thread