First Features List

squiz

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
will you have just a stock number of faces like in Cricket 2004 or will you be able to add as many as you want? Also this question can be directed at bats, kits etc. Basically anything editable

Scatter

Club Cricketer
anything that will be editable will be able to be ADDED to the stock collection of existing models.

that means you will not have to replace one face with anoter for example.

the idea will be to let the editor do this for you. for example if you want to add a bat. the editors instructions will tell you exactly what format and size the bat needs to be. once you have done that, you load your modded bat into the editor, and it will test it on the games 3d model of a cricket bat. if you are happy with it, you click save, and the new skin is saved automatically into the appropriate directory...

Last edited:

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Great stuff Scatter :)

I think the motion capture is a minor point also. If there are going to a few different animations of each type of bowler, then you can surely find one that is close to what you need...unless your bowler is very unique. Not having motion capture is no great loss at all. And by the look of it you have dealt with the one thing that most fans are asking for...decent and robust editors...for everything.

I look forward to hearing more...cheers.

bumba

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This might help you

Hi Scatter ,

Your Idea of making a new cricket game is indeed a nobel one. I am great fan of cricket games and welcome you idea of creating our own cricket game. In this regard, I can provide you a site link for research on staticstical data of all past & present cricketers. Please visit this site http://www.howstat.com and beleive me this is an amazing site for any one who loves cricket. Also I could help you in you cricket development project in creating pitch adboards and stadium adboards. I have made few of them for cricket 2002 and for a sample please allow me to load few screens here.

babai
:)

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Great site...anyone who loves stats should check it out.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
just had a look... that is a brilliant site. and will definitely be a homestead for any researchers who get on board...

thanks bumba

pommy

School Cricketer
Would love to see players stats (bowling, batting ave's blah blah) change throughout a season. They could start career with no stats and build up their averages over the seasons or career campaign.

adnandear

School Cricketer
Look out these features

My friend Good Going What you are thinking i always my self to do that. Well i have many suggestions and plenty of features you can add in game. I have a programming brain with full of logics, But unfortunately i dont have time and resources for this as i am now doing MBA after BCS(hons). I am going to elaborate on each feature.
1) Each Bowler should have different and his own(original) bowling styles, no motion capture but with my technique you can do that. Simple just imagine an animation of running man and a few manuvering of keystokes all make a good shoib akhter action, or brette lee action. But you definitely need to think in this way many times, i hope you understand what i wanted to say, ponder it with your crew. For example For an action of Muhammad Sami you would be pressing few times right arrow, and then left. I wish to demonstrate it if you like by sending you a picture, if still you dont understand
2) If you are able to give each bowler his unique action1, there should be no problem in giving each batsman his unique style of batting.
3)Imagine with a simple editor, the players can themseleves would be able to make limitless batting and bowling styles, for a hint all actions would be recorded in a text file.
4)The commentrator should be able to call the names of all the players in the world even the names given or edited by the gamers. Amazing isnt it!. Yes you can do that for a hint make something like microsoft text to speech. Lets suppose my name is adnan it is pronounce as aa.wav+d'.wav+ nnn.wav+a.wav+nn.wav. What actually is another benefit is that with the limitless commentary it will occupy less space.
5) The most annoying thing these days i found in games is lack of compatibility, though some promise to have compatibility but they dont run or few hardware architectures.(big example is intel 810 chipset), do make you compatible your game with all hardwares even with pentium 2.
I believe that you will do a better job than EA and will actually set standards with these features which i told you, I will try to give you more feature that you can add. And add me in the game testers.
IF you have read the message then you can contaact me on my email address. [email protected]

Last edited:

Scatter

Club Cricketer
adnan - if i'd known you posted about it i wouldn't have needed to return your pm with as much detail... :)

anyways, my reply was -

to answer your queries -
1) we will try to have as many different bowling styles as we can. obviously there will be limitations - and time will be one of them. it would simply take too long to animate every bowler individually, and far too much research too. rest assured though, there will be some differences.
2) the batting is the same as the bowling. we will get one right first of all, and then try and incorporate a couple of different styles if possible.
3) the editor will be a very powerful tool. i can assure you of that much. the editing of playing styles is a 'most likely probability' at this moment, rather than a definite.
4) you know i have been thinking like this for ages in regards to a commentator. i didn't think it would be too hard to have a commentator say your name for example. unfortunately this is not a reality, and it is a very difficult thing to achieve. as i understand it, you would need a seperate cd just for the program that runs the speech algorithms alone. so i can definitely say that your suggestion won't be happening.
5) we want to make the game as cross compatable as is humanly possible. however, the more features we include, the less likely the game is to be able to run on low end machines.

squiz

International Coach
Hey Scatter, one thing that i think you should add in the game is a Hawk Eye like Option, where you chan choose to view the pitch of the balland what the it has done, in the Pause menu after after a ball has been bowled.

Another suggestion is 3D Spider Graphs. I know this would be a long shot but it would look mad.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
squiz - legend_master absolutely wants the 3d spider graph. i'm under orders of pain or death if i dare suggest we leave it out. since he wants it so bad, we'll make sure it is his job to code it... ;)

hawkeye is an interesting one. i would personally love the feature at first. but i'm not sure for how long. after a while it might get annoying if players want to keep the game flowing. having too many features can break up the continuity of a game - even a cricket one. so we have to be careful in that regard.

horner2693

Club Cricketer
i think you should include hawk eye for definate, if your unsure about it breaking up the game cant it be a feature that you can turn off. because i personally would love to see if a turned down lbw appeal was out or not. also on the subject of appeal, i was just thinking about havin a button/key for appealing. if you thought it was out then press this button/key to appeal. just a suggestion.

MotorV8ed

School Cricketer
have the hawk eye selectable in the options menu during a game..
similar to the replay option click on hawk eye..it plays the last delivery showing where the ball would have gone on to hit or miss.. once your done exit that and return to the game... This way it doesnt slow down gameplay as the player can decide when to look at hawkeye or just ignor it completley...

another seperate thing... are you thinking of having some sort of damage script for the pitch...say for the pitch if a baowler was to keep constantly hitting the same part of the pitch bowl after bowl that spot on the pitch would start to break up creating unpredicable bounce or swing..
and possibley cracks appearing in the pitch if the conditions are right that would make batting and bowling more interesting...

might be creating a little to much work i dun know...but its something that has been lacking....

Users who are viewing this thread