First Features List

Hero

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very nice description of organized work and I hope everything will go fine and we would grab in our hands a very decent game.

Scatter,would you publsh the full feature list once it is finalized?

Scatter

Club Cricketer
Hero - The closer we are to completion, the more info I will be able to release. And if we secure a publisher I will be able to release a lot more info...

groobz

Club Cricketer
Forget all the features and candy graphics. We need good and smart A.I.

Radaga

International Coach
Originally posted by groobz
Forget all the features and candy graphics. We need good and smart A.I.
I am putting my hand up very early to be a tester! :)

Hero

Club Captain
Will we able to see classic matches mode back in action,as it was the coolest part of brian lara 99.My all good wishes are with you.

slade

Club Cricketer
One thing that annoys me in current games is the u as the batsman can see where the bowler will pitch the ball, eliminating the element of suprise. The cursor, if there will be one, should be appear quite late or once it bounces. Thus a yorker will cause suprise and a bouncer can be picked up more easily. Maybe a batsman confidence could effect his perception of where the ball will land.

In C2002, the Cpu makes huge adjustments for the batsman, making shot selection too easy. What ever shot u play the batsman will ove of his own accord and connect with the ball. Will this be the same in your game?

Ps I wanna to be a tester too. I can also help with the research.

Last edited:

madmattg

International Cricketer
Have a true career mode and money that allows sponsors, earnings etc.

The development of stats by how players actually play.

Years ago a game on the amiga called Earl weavers baseball developed your plays by the traits you used.

Ie if a player managed to hit home runs this became common nature for him, but base hit were rare.

Now apply this to cricket and you develop opening batters the big hitting middle order, a ball that becomes the trait of a spinner etc.

Hey this is hard core but worth a look, no body does this any more.

AI has given way to graphics.

madmattg

International Cricketer
OK more stats graphs, results.

I like to track how things go.

The true cricket has so many aspects that are left out.

But from what I have read and abserved you guys will kill EA in the development as you give a SH*T.

They just seem to pump out a game, to get it out.

I look forward to a true cricket game.

varun05

Club Cricketer
Maybe a batsman confidence could effect his perception of where the ball will land.

yeah! it should be made that the cursor is visible more earlier as the confidence grows. like in the start it should be visible at the last minute and as the confidence grows it should be visible a little more earlier. making the saying 'getting ur eye in' more proper.

Darac

School Cricketer
with a cricket game you ahve to have the player involved as much as possible i think the manual appeal button is good like in cricket 97. also minimising the time between the stop of play to when the ball is next being bowled is important. ea didnt do this in their game forcing you to wait a few seconds every ball, waiting for the batsman to be "ready" . this is not needed. a good manual feilding option should also be included but i dont know how easy that would be to do... i think maybe if the feilding was auto but you decide when and where to throw the ball would be better. this eliminates slugish and hard to use fielding controls but also involves the player alittle more.

Darac

School Cricketer
also an idea about batsman confidence. i think there should be a confidence meter like in eas cricket 2004 but there should also be a pressure meter as well. they can both be displayed on the same meter is two transperant colours over the top of one an other.
how it would work is when a batsman hits a run or runs then his confidence rises and the pressure decreases. but if there have been a few dot balls in a row the pressure will rise. how much it rises depends on the current run rate required. and the amount of overs left in the match to get it. the reason why you have the pressure meter as well as a batsman confidence meter is that you can go to work on one batsman and starve him of runs. when is confidence is lower than the presure then there is a greater chance he'll get an edge or try to slog and send it stright up in the air.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by Darac
a good manual feilding option should also be included but i dont know how easy that would be to do...
you wait til you see what we've done with the fielding...

you'll love it... love. it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread