First Features List

Scatter

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
At this point it is still very early in the development process. But we have moved at an amazing rate given that I only publicly floated this idea just under two weeks ago.

So with that in mind, it is difficult to disseminate too much information to people not directly involved in the project. That is mitigated by my desire to keep you all as well informed as possible, with that in mind I can release the first features list for the game.

Obviously some of these features could be subject to change (we hope not), and is only a very small summary of what we are aiming for -

?In depth tutorials and practice nets
?Create your own International or 1st Class One Day tournament
?Customise players and teams - or create your own
?Play a domestic season in all of the test playing nations
?Take an International tour to any of the test playing nations
?Play in a 12 season career following a realistic schedule competing for the Test and One Day world championships
?Manage your squads as players retire, get injured and emerge from the youth ranks
?Weather that has an effect on play
?Play in all of the 1st Class grounds in world cricket
?Detailed attributes that make a difference to how players perform
?In depth statistics - compare your players to the greats
?Indigenous in game commentators add a local flavour to every match
?Intelligent AI that takes the current situation into account
?Varied umpires with attributes that affect their decisions
?Two distinct modes of batting ? both providing depth in shot selection
?Realistic physics - no more identical shots
?Powerful editor that lets you customise almost everything

More info as and when... :D

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you manage to incorporate only half of that Scatter, you will be doing better than EA ;)

Radaga

International Coach
This sounds great scatter! :)
there is no way that EA would have done all that!

crick4life

International Cricketer
"Manage your squads as players retire, get injured and emerge from the youth ranks"

This to me takes the game to a new level and people will be hooked to this for ever.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
yes squiz.

the need for researchers i have been harping about is quite important to this part of th game...

Sami

Club Cricketer
Gameplay?

You've got all the good stuff in but you missing the most important the gameplay it should be super fast like the "final ten overs in a match Australia and India the pressure is needed.:eek:

SteveG

Club Cricketer
"?Play in a 12 season career following a realistic schedule competing for the Test and One Day world championships"

Could you expand on this Scatter? Does everyones career end after 12 seasons, or does the schedule repeat itself after 12 year(allowing careers to last longer eg. Steve Waugh)?

Last edited:

joedoe21

Club Cricketer
There should be a feature where you can create your own scenario. For example, you have 7.4 overs to get 30 runs with just 2 wickets in hand. And you could change the pitch settings, the teams, etc etc.

sunil ojha

Club Cricketer
I want to know from where u will get the commentators for your game and also the motion capturing.But the features of your game are great definitely.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by sunil ojha
I want to know from where u will get the commentators for your game and also the motion capturing.But the features of your game are great definitely.
I want a million dollars and a free trip to europe, but we don't always get what we want now do we... :D

The commentary I can't really go into too much depth at the moment for a number of reasons - the primary one being that we have not discussed as of yet the technical aspects of implementing it. The process of doing so is straightforward as I understand. Doing it well is another kettle of fish.

I suspect I know perfectly well what you are implying though - "how are you going to get a big name commentator to come and do your game?" The simple answer to your question is that we are not. It would cost far too much money, for far too little return. Even if I had the money to burn I would not pay some well known voice to go into a recording studio, half heartedly deliver a couple of hours worth of lines, and leave us with the job of cleaning it up and making it sound good. Therefore you can draw your own conclusions as to where we are actually going to get commentary from...

Motion Capturing on the other hand is a double edged sword. The idea in principle is a good one, however it does encourage laziness in animators. Let me clarify that with a hypothetical. Lets just say we were to get Brett Lee to be a motion capture subject for us. Brett goes through his bowling action a couple of times, and they are recorded and given to the 3D animators to work with. All sounds nice to now doesn't it?

The only problem is Brett Lee has a rather distinctive bowling action. And by refusing to get involved in an animation process we would be forced to use the same animation for all of the non-spin bowlers in the game (as HB have done).

If we were to combat that by using an animation process to create some different bowling styles, you have to ask yourself what the point is in using motion capture for one, and animation for all the others - why not just manually animate all of them? What is one more animation after all???

There will be no motion capture used whatsoever. We have here on these forums a biomech - he's already put his hand up to be our physics guru. So with his invaluable input I am sure we will manage just fine without motion capturing.

I will also put it to you, that if the game turns out supremely playable, not many people are going to give a rats if the bowler doesn't look 100% accurate when delivering the ball...

Users who are viewing this thread