First Impressions and User Reviews - Cricket 19

HarisRetarded

Club Cricketer
Just got my copy of the game today on ps4. I would just like to say this is a great improvement over previous iterations and i am glad i bought it. However, some improvements are still desired like AI fielding and some minor bigs. Overall the best cricket game ever made.

Anyways my post is about stats. I love stats and one of my biggest gripes with ashes was that stats only updated in the casual mode. I can confirm that in this game, stats get tracked in every game mode. This includes play now, world cup mode, tours, etc.
The only time it doesn't get tracked is when you don't play the match and simulate the whole match like in tour mode.

I have the latest patch installed. Hope i have helped somebody who reads this.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I dont have this game yet, but I just watched some gameplay footages, glad to see that Big Ant finally bringing up the required pace and real match atmosphere into a Cricket Game. Looked Impressive.

ASHES_FAN

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
i like the game it's fun to play, but I wish the fielding was more exciting. Also women's cricket boundaries seem way too short, almost feel like it's right next to the inner circle some times. The commentary needs to be like commentary in fifa or maybe even brian lara cricket 2005, where they speak about the game itself but also other things in the cricket world.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i like the game it's fun to play, but I wish the fielding was more exciting. Also women's cricket boundaries seem way too short, almost feel like it's right next to the inner circle some times. The commentary needs to be like commentary in fifa or maybe even brian lara cricket 2005, where they speak about the game itself but also other things in the cricket world.
Codemaster had something magical with commentary. They got it perfect. Though I don't use commentary often anyway!

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
yeah commentary needs a lot of work!!

Reactions: DAP

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
To me it sounds like it the exact same commentary as in ashes cricket.I'm not expecting fifa style commentary but all the names should be there for the actual ashes tests and landmarks should be mentioned by the commentators eg and that the 100 up or they need 20 runs from 12 balls.Generally the commentators aren't aware of the game situation at all.Too often they says that was a close game or easy win and its the opposite or good morning when its the afternoon session.Cut scenes are also a bit random.Do we really need the drinks one one over after lunch just because thats the 30th over or whatever.Does it make that much difference not really but these type of things shouldn't be too difficult to do

fezza

Club Captain
Re: commentary. I don't find it too grating but one of the things I loved about Cricket 07 was Richie Benaud's commentary and it was very poignant to listen to him commentating 'live' after his death

Maybe it's just me but I'd love some retro commentary perhaps taken from old BBC coverage... Peter West, Peter May, Ray Ilingworth, John Arlott, Geoffrey Boycott.. and of course Richie. These were all legendary figures who could add so much to a 1970s and 1980s retro mode. I suspect the commentary copyright is still with the BBC as they have cast iron copyright agreements.

I know some don't care about commentary at all but I think it adds to immersion. Football and Baseball game simulation commentary is generally very good.

EzDuzIt

School Cricketer
Would be great if there was a power meter for batting. That way everything would not rely on footwork and timing. It could be used like effort balls are used for bowling. This would affect my ball placement in the air so I could play with the field more.

This would also help with the AI when finishing games since they would play more power shots.

The dhoni shot is useless too. Even he doesnt play it anymore. Would be way better to have a slapshot through cow corner. Its the most poplar shot in the game.

Also what would be cool is having coaching instructions for when you simulate or play on new grounds.

Crowsy

School Cricketer
Thought the Review above posted by Razpor was fair and hope BA investigate. I would add the commentary feels 'familiar' somehow and wished there was more variety but that is a minor gripe. I thought some of the grounds look 'cartoonish' and unrealistic especially the buildings. I like the pitches, but the batting pitch itself could do with texturing. Overall though the game is evolving into something special.

zerosun9

Club Cricketer
Game is great, huge improvements to previous big ant games.

Stuff to nitpick that kinda bothers me still

- That ugly bowling action from DBC, it's so unnatural and really bad compared to the rest. Just get rid of it already. Siddle's default action...
- Player body shapes and sizes just look off, heads too big, bodies too small.
- Players throwing with wrong hands. Irks me big time, no idea why it's in the game. Players should throw with their bowling hand.
- 'Fine' weather conditions is not fine, it's overcast with the lights on. Gotta be a bug.

Users who are viewing this thread