Fixed spots in Super Eights

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I find that very odd to tell you the truth, it's a very strange way to play the super eights. Why not just have the top team from one group play the second team of another group, and do that for the four groups. That way you would have something like this:

Australia(Wins there Group)
NZ(Second in there Group)
India(1st)
Pakistan(2nd)

South Africa(1st)
Sri Lanka(2nd)
England(1st)
Bangladesh(2nd)

Just as a example. It actually makes the game between the two top teams in each pool important.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But when IPL was moved to South Africa,PCB gave permission.

King Cricket

International Coach
But when IPL was moved to South Africa, PCB gave permission.

Before the IPL was moved to South Africa, there was an auction, where the team owners of the 8 IPL teams bought replacements for the different Pakistani international players who were previously a part of their teams. The PCB officials, at the time of the auction, didn't say a word about whether they will permit their players to play in the IPL if it is shifted to another country. Rather, they were continuously saying that they will not allow the Pak cricketers to play in the IPL. Where is Modi's fault here? The PCB did change their mind later, but it was too late, when the replacements were already bought. Surely, the team owners couldn't have said to the replacements that, "O the PCB has now given permission, you now go back to your own countries, your contract has been terminated, we don't need you anymore" when they heard that news. That sounds so unprofessional!

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
You guys are turning this into an IPL situation. :rolleyes: No need for that now.

Howsie: it's already said this kind of group fixtures is done, because of logistical reasons. So the teams and fans can know where to go if their team qualifies. Also the tv-stations can plan ahead then.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Before the IPL was moved to South Africa, there was an auction, where the team owners of the 8 IPL teams bought replacements for the different Pakistani international players who were previously a part of their teams. The PCB officials, at the time of the auction, didn't say a word about whether they will permit their players to play in the IPL if it is shifted to another country. Rather, they were continuously saying that they will not allow the Pak cricketers to play in the IPL. Where is Modi's fault here? The PCB did change their mind later, but it was too late, when the replacements were already bought. Surely, the team owners couldn't have said to the replacements that, "O the PCB has now given permission, you now go back to your own countries, your contract has been terminated, we don't need you anymore" when they heard that news. That sounds so unprofessional!
King Cricket.

If an ENTIRE tournament can be moved to a different country, I think something could have been done for the Pakistani players. That might be the biggest BS I've heard.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You guys are turning this into an IPL situation. :rolleyes: No need for that now.

Howsie: it's already said this kind of group fixtures is done, because of logistical reasons. So the teams and fans can know where to go if their team qualifies. Also the tv-stations can plan ahead then.

Ok i started that off topic talk,but only due to my disappiontment on Pakistan team.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
King Cricket.

If an ENTIRE tournament can be moved to a different country, I think something could have been done for the Pakistani players. That might be the biggest BS I've heard.

He didn't get the facts right, but like I said it's better not to go in this.

And the way it's going in the opening match, England might not even appear in the Super Eights!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I predict that England wont be there for Super eights... It will be Pakistan and Netherlands.

But this now makes the other teams get on their toes. No one can take it for granted against these small teams like Netherlands, Ireland, Bangladesh, etc.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I predict that England wont be there for Super eights... It will be Pakistan and Netherlands.

But this now makes the other teams get on their toes. No one can take it for granted against these small teams like Netherlands, Ireland, Bangladesh, etc.
We are not out yet.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
I have a feeling England will hit back hard against Pakistan and win that match..then Pakistan will beat Netherlands...after that England and Pakistan to advance because of NRR...lets hope so..I would prefer to see England in 2nd round rather than Netherlands to make sure it's a tough competition...with Pietersen back England will be strong again.

Users who are viewing this thread