New Zealand

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Just checked the NRR.

Holland is on +0.05,which is frankly not much.

If England manage a win here,it could be tough for the Dutch ,unless they cause another upset.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Super 8s after today:

Group E

India/Ireland
England
Australia/West Indies
South Africa

Group F

Bangladesh/Ireland
Pakistan/Holland
Sri Lanka/West Indies
New Zealand

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I read yesterday that India's place in the next round is sealed

Wont predict the Aus-SL game coz my prediction for Eng-Pak came out terribly wrong (didnt expect Pak to play so badly). I think Australia could still come through to the Super eights, which means the original plan of having India, England, Australia and South Africa could still happen. And one more thing, if Ireland and Bangladesh qualify (in a miraculous way!), then shouldnt Bangladesh be in Group E and Ireland in Group F? Because A1 is going be in Group E and A2 is going to be in Group F. Since Bangladesh are seeded higher than Ireland, they should be in Group B.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I read yesterday that India's place in the next round is sealed

Wont predict the Aus-SL game coz my prediction for Eng-Pak came out terribly wrong (didnt expect Pak to play so badly). I think Australia could still come through to the Super eights, which means the original plan of having India, England, Australia and South Africa could still happen. And one more thing, if Ireland and Bangladesh qualify (in a miraculous way!), then shouldnt Bangladesh be in Group E and Ireland in Group F? Because A1 is going be in Group E and A2 is going to be in Group F. Since Bangladesh are seeded higher than Ireland, they should be in Group B.
India are A1 and Bangladesh are A2. Ireland are not seeded. If Ireland somehow qualify, they will take the seeding of the team they knock out. If they qualify instead of India, they become A1 and go into Group E. If they qualify ahead of Bangladesh, they become A2 and go into Group F.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Oh ok. Thanks for those explanations.

If India qualify (which 99% they will), they will play either Australia or West Indies at Lords on June 12th (Friday). That'll be interesting. I hope its Australia. India-Australia battle has been one of the recent pinnacles in modern sport.

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
I was just wondering, that on cricinfo it says,

For the next game, which Pakistan need to win by at least 60 runs against Netherlands on Tuesday to qualify

What happens if they bowl first??

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I was just wondering, that on cricinfo it says,

What happens if they bowl first??

I guess it will be a case of how fast they reach to the target. They might probably need to achieve whatever target they get in 14-15 overs (approx.)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
If Ireland wins today,Bangla is out of the competition.
India have as good as qualified for the next round. I dont see them bowing out of the tournament so early.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Just read about this. They did this for the 2007 ODI World Cup, as well, where the much touted India v. Pakistan match ended up being an Ireland v. Bangladesh encounter. I'm not sure I agree with second round seedings being based on the last tournament's performance. Surely now that you have an idea of current form, you'd split them up based on first round performances.

Anyways, India, South Africa and England would be hoping for a Sri Lankan win today, and getting the Windies into their group instead of Australia. New Zealand and Sri Lanka seem to have a smooth path to the final, though, with Pakistan looking weak and Bangladesh or Ireland as the other team.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Bangladesh have become the second team eliminated from the tournament, and the first Test country.

Australia could join them tonight. :upray

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bangladesh have become the second team eliminated from the tournament, and the first Test country.

Australia could join them tonight. :upray

Yup. Jesus has listened to you. Now, unless something horribly wrong happens, Australia will be shown the door within a couple of hours. Frankly speaking, didn't expect this at all from them.

Users who are viewing this thread