Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
zmilq8.png

The Tigers are ready to roar.With raw talent and mixture of experience Bangladesh have what it takes to be the best.Bangladesh Cricket has had a successful 2009 after defeating the 'weak' West-Indies side in Test and ODI series.They also tasted victory when they thrashed their favorite opponents in cricket Zimbabwe in successive ODI series.

Bangladesh start their 2010 tourney with a tri-series featuring India and Srilanka along with them.The two giants of Asia are rearing to go and Bangladesh have a certain tag of 'underdogs' with them which isn't surprising at all.Tigers have a great opportunity to see where they rub against the best teams in world cricket at the moment.It will be interesting to see how Bangladesh go in the tri-series and whether they can leave a mark of their 'un-seen' talent.The tri-series which begins on 4th January 2010 can well be the defining moment in future of Bangladesh Cricket.

98131.jpg
Shakib-Al-Hasan and Naeem Islam celebrating after defeating Srilanka in 2009.​

Bangladesh had a similar sort of start to 2009 with a tri-series involving Srilanka and Zimbabwe.After defeating the Srilankans in group stages of the tournament,they lost to them in the Final of the tournament courtesy of Muralitharan who played splendidly with the 'bat'.Tigers would be aware of the fact that this time they have tough competition with India replacing Zimbabwe.India have been riding on some brilliant form and have out-classed Srilanka in recently concluded series.Bangladesh will also play two test matches against India after the tri-series.India would look to stamp their authority as this will be the first test match they will play after being crowned the world-leaders in longer format of the game.

Since January 2009,Bangladesh haven't played a team ranked above them.The shift from playing against Zimbabwe to playing against India will be a big one.It will certainly not be easy for the Tigers to reach the next stage of the tri-series.But,they are expected to give the opponents 'a run for their money'.One mistake from the 'the giants of Asia' and Bangladeshi Tigers can pounce on them to win the games.It is all about the momentum and if Bangladesh can get one early in the tournament,they may be on their way to write 'thistory'(their story).

Join me in this thrilling journey of Bangla Tigers called
'Go Tigers Go'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

International Tournaments :

Idea Cup 2010 | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
2egbuq1.png

9zrqbp.jpg
Three captains holding the Idea cup 2010.​

The Bangladesh Cricket Board has announced the schedule of One-day International tri-nation series featuring India and Srilanka along with Bangladesh to start from January 4,2010.Bangladesh take on Srilanka in the opening encounter and the best two teams will fight for glory in the final on January 13.The teams will face each other twice.All the matches will be Day-Night.

Schedule -

January 4 - Bangladesh v Sri Lanka (D/N), Mirpur - Srilanka won by 6 runs.

[Preview]
[The Cricket Show]
[The Cricket Show -Mid innings break]
[The Cricket Show -Post match]

January 5 - India v Sri Lanka (D/N), Mirpur - India won by 4 wickets.

[Srilankan Innings]
[Indian Innings]

January 7 - Bangladesh v India (D/N), Mirpur - India won by 5 wickets.

[Preview]
[The Cricket Show - I]
[The Cricket Show - II]
[The Cricket Show - Mid-Innings - I]
[The Cricket Show - Mid-Innings - II]
[The Cricket Show - Post Match - I]
[The Cricket Show - Post Match - II]

January 8 - Bangladesh v Sri Lanka (D/N), Mirpur - Srilanka won by 11 runs.

[Preview]
[Match Update]

January 10 - India v Sri Lanka (D/N), Mirpur - Srilanka won by 7 wickets.

[Match Update]

January 11 - India v Bangladesh (D/N), Mirpur - India won by 44 runs.

[Match Update]

January 13 - Final India v Srilanka (D/N), Mirpur - Srilanka won by 63 runs.

[Match Update]

Squads for Idea Cup -2010

india.gif

India Squad

MS Dhoni (C/Wk)
Virender Sehwag (Vc)
Ashok Dinda
Gautam Gambhir
Harbhajan Singh
Ravindra Jadeja
Dinesh Karthik (Wk)
Zaheer Khan
Virat Kohli
Amit Mishra
Ashish Nehra
Suresh Raina
S Sreesanth
Sudeep Tyagi
Yuvraj Singh

srilanka.gif

Srilanka Squad

Kumar Sangakkara (C/Wk)
Tillakaratne Dilshan (Vc)
Malinga Bandara
Mahela Jayawardene
Suraj Randiv
Thilina Kandamby
Nuwan Kulasekara
Suranga Lakmal
Thissara Perera
Thilan Samaraweera
Upul Tharanga
Lahiru Thirimanne
Thilan Thushara
Mahela Udawatte
Chanaka Welegedara

emp_logo_108.jpg

Bangladesh Squad

Shakib Al Hasan (C)
Mushfiqur Rahim (Vc/Wk)
Abdur Razzak
Aftab Ahmed
Imrul Kayes
Mahmudullah
Mohammad Ashraful
Naeem Islam
Raqibul Hasan
Rubel Hossain
Shafiul Islam
Shahadat Hossain
Shahriar Nafees
Syed Rasel
Tamim Iqbal

15ygbhd.png
Bangladesh Squad-Idea Cup,2010.​

Updates-

Idea Cup 2010 Preview
Bangladesh Coach and Captain address the media
Practice session -3rd ODI
Official Tabloid - I
Shakib Al Hasan ruled out of the 4th ODI
Cricket on a Roll

Match Updates-

Match 1 -Bangladesh Vs. Srilanka

Srilankan Innings -

[5 over update]
[10 over update]
[35 over update]

Bangladesh Innings -

[5 over update]
[15 over update]
[20 over update]
[9 over update]
[Last over update]

Match 3 -Bangladesh Vs. India

Bangladesh Innings -

[10 over update]
[10 over update]
[Bangladesh Innings complete]

Indian Innings -

[12 over update]
[Indian Innings complete]

Last edited:

Harishan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nice presentation mate, KUTGW. Good luck with the tri-series and hopefully Bangladesh can pull off a few upsets.

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
Wow. That's a wonderful start to the story. Hoping for Bangladesh to cause some upsets. Good luck for ahead.
Btw which game you are playing with?

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
lol @ the picture.. Kumar and Dhoni don't even have the decency to look at the camera.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
2egbuq1.png

Preview

Not worth any 'hulla-gulla' or hype,Idea Cup 2010 is certainly not one of the long-waited tournaments.With Srilanka playing a supposed 'weak' side,India suffering from bowling crisis and shite fielding and Bangladesh defeating only the minnows ranked below them,the tri-series hasn't got much to offer.Moreover,it is being played in Sher-E-Bangla stadium,Mirpur where dew factor seems to be the God.Recent results have favoured the side batting second and same is expected in this series too.The collection of all these factors doesn't make for a compelling competition but the timing of the series does.World Cup 2011 is a year away and this gives the 3 teams a chance to prove their worth and improve their game.

Srilanka

Kumar Sangakkara was considered as a messiah who would take Srilanka to glory in the world of cricket.His so called 'honeymoon' period seems to be over now.It was known that he wouldn't be as super-efffective as Ranatunga but it was also assured that he wouldn't be a second Mahela either.The too much pressure and hope have got better of the cool,confident leader.It would take some time for the man to settle his nerves.

Well,it hasn't been easy for him as he isn't leading the side that Mahela led.Vaas' retirement and with Murali's magic fainting hasn't helped Sanga's cause.Ajantha Mendis no longer seems to be a mystery and he has faced the reality after going through the 'purple' patch.Jayawardene's form can best be described as a 'roller-coaster' ride.Samaraweera has to cement his place in ODIs.Kandamby has improved tremendously but still needs to finish matches for his team.And,seam-attack is like 'clothes on body' which keeps changing.

Players to watch-Upul Tharanga has shown what he is made up of in recently concluded series against India especially with Jayasuriya not performing.His performance may well decide Srilanka's fortune in the series.Dilshan is proving to be a magician at the top.He has certainly hit the 'highest' peak and will look to continue.

Bangladesh

Dashing batsmen prone to self-destruct,an increasingly high supply of left-arm spinners,no particular seam attack and 26 different
opening combinations in last five years has been the story of Bangladesh Cricket.Mixed results in 2009 hasn't helped to determine the scales of success,says the coach Jamie Siddons.

It will be interesting to see how they go in this tri-series.Captain Shakib-Al-Hasan says the team is learning how to win and getting used to it.The thing that separates the Bangladeshi tigers from other minnow nations is that they don't really need other team to have a bad day at the office.They can win by themselves and have what it really takes to do so.All-round efforts of the Bangladeshis have been the best feature of this side.Once again,they go in with inexperienced seam-attack.It means they will rely heavily on spinners and Jamie has already cleared that Abdur Razzak will bowl in powerplays.

Players to watch-Tamim Iqbal has been in explosive touch.He needs to go on and convert the starts to big ones.This series can be the one where his 'growth' will be seen as a cricketer.Shakib-Al-Hasan will look forward to lead from the front.His all-round performances will be needed if Bangladesh are to leave a mark here.

India

What can be said?Wayward bowling and sloppy fielding have been the major concerns for India in recent past.Indian bowlers seem to be helpless when it comes to flat pitches.No one can bowl yorkers.None have a 'great' bouncer in their armoury.No one tries a slower ball,afterall who cares of bowling them?Only hope is what they all depend on when it comes to flat babies.Zaheer can pick one or two in early overs,Nehra can be on the money sometimes,hopefully Harbhajan doesn't steam everything onto leg and middle.Ishant Sharma,the next big thing for India is replaced by Sreesanth who once was the next big thing as well.

Buttery hands are nowadays the new 'mantra' of the Indian fielders.No one seems to hang on to sitters.Only thing which is intact is batting.Openers seem to be doing the job and middle-order has the stability to bring the team back from crisis.Still there is more hope than conviction as Yuvraj can chip in with good overs.Sehwag has to knock the wickets more than opposition bowlers.Raina's offspin is really enjoyed by Dhoni being his team-mate in Chennai Super Kings as well.Bowling and Fielding may well decide India's fortunes in this series.

Players to watch-Virat Kohli has played some saviour knocks recently.He's got the talent but needs the temparament to get things right.His performance in this series might cement his place in the team and some others might feel the heat as well.Ravindra Jadeja has the all-round capabilities and this series might as well decide his future with Men In Blue.

shakib-al-hasan-2009-10-29-14-11-32.jpg

Will Shakib Al Hasan led Bangladesh side leave an impact?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
2egbuq1.png

Jamie Siddons and Shakib Al Hasan address the media

shakib_siddons_290_299.jpg

Jamie Siddons and Shakib Al Hasan speaking to the media.

Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons and Captain Shakib Al Hasan on Idea Cup 2010 Tri-Nation opener against Sri Lanka:

Jamie Siddons

On Bangladesh's Preparation...
We had 12 months against Zimbabwe and ?West Indies A' team, but last month's Premier League was a great competition and the players have played very good cricket. And the training over the last few weeks was fantastic

As I said it wasn't ideal preparation for this tournament but you can't always play the best team I guess. Others teams were busy. We had Zimbabwe to beat, West Indies to beat and we did it really well. I think the way we played was pleasing. The wins are wins, I mean I love winning. But the way the boys have played, the way they have handled people like Kemar Roach in the West Indies bowling at 150km...no problem and people like (Raymond) Price of Zimbabwe who is one of the top 10 bowlers in the world.

On meeting Sri Lanka again at the beginning of the New Year after playing them in January 2009 and on India...

I think the wicket had a bit of seam then. We should have won that final had Murali not played some pretty good cricket at the end. We have got no fears with Sri Lanka but we will have to play really good cricket to compete against both the sides.

It's a fantastic opportunity to see where we are and to see how much we have improved and to see how matured the boys have got. I am excited to put them up against India. We need to see where we are, whether we are improving, whether we are on track before the World Cup. This series is a fantastic opportunity for us to step up. I am looking forward to India, obviously they are superstar team and we are not. But that's a challenge.

Regarding the dew factor and the toss...
The outfield got quite wet toward the end of the night. I guess we would rather be batting than bowling at that time. I think the wicket is going to be good to bat on all the way through. The problem might be bowling in the dew. So toss may be important.

On debutant Shafiul and the inexperience of the new ball pair...
He has got a lot of tricks up his sleeves. He does a few things with the ball so I'm really excited. Shafiul and Rubel (Hossain) could go for a few runs or they could go very well. This is an ideal; opportunity for them and we have confidence in them.

Shakib Al Hasan

On the criticism of Bangladesh's Test status and the fact that the saying that the Tigers are still on the learning curve...
That's not something within our control. For our part we can try and give our best in the field and perform when ever we get out there in the middle. We know that we are improving and it is up to us to show the rest of the world that by performing.

On the comparative strengths of India and Sri Lanka...
Both have been playing good cricket for the last couple of months but India probably have a bit more experience in this tournament.

Whether he would like to face bigger teams more often...

Obviously we would want that but it is also important to play teams like Zimbabwe because we need to win matches and get the confidence level right.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Loving the presentation mate, and nice to see a story with Bangladesh. Let's hope it's up with the standard of Jaz's Bangla story, and by the looks of the start, it will be.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Loving the presentation mate, and nice to see a story with Bangladesh. Let's hope it's up with the standard of Jaz's Bangla story, and by the looks of the start, it will be.

Thanks mate.I'll try my best to make this as good as I can.I had first looked around certain stories and then started this.I was kinda inspired by your England story,Pakistani_Army's story and surender's Indian story.Btw,which story are you talking about?Could you link it to me please?I might get some ideas as well.

Users who are viewing this thread