Group A - 12th Match Ireland v India

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yes it's very simple, India gets an easy group because the West Indies spilled their lollies last time and now get 'punished' by getting grouped with Australia and Sri Lanka, based on the seedings that sohum pointed out. But in reality it punishes all 3 of those Group C nations.

Exactly. Lets take the Grand Slam Tennis example for a minute. You often see a player out due to an injury, slip in the rankings and enter a Grand Slam unseeded. A top seeded player , say a Nadal or a Federer on the basis of being top seeds get to play unseeded opponents in their first rounds. However in some cases a Marat Safin who is unseeded but a dangerous opponent all the same is pitted against them in the early rounds of the tournament which could potentially be a killer blow for the top seeds themselves.

Same is the case with the West Indies in this WT20.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Besides, there's always a group of death. :p And weaker teams always have a greater chance of winning when the number of overs go down (as in Twenty20) so it may just be the case that Bangladesh or Zimbabwe are a better Twenty20 team than the Windies (although Bangla's point came in an abandoned match).

Gurjot95

National Board President
No matters who goes to Super 8 but we can say atleast 1 minnow team will go to Super 8 and if Bangladesh goes again then their rank will become better in T20 as in previous T20 WC also they qualified for Super 8.

King Cricket

International Coach
^ If you would like to call B'desh a "minnow", then ya, a minnow is going to the super eights. From our group, that is. The other minnows have no chance.

*Although I'm not sure whether B'desh can be called a "minnow"*

King Cricket added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

then their rank will become better

In intl T-20, a ranking system is still future tense.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
but bangladesh made it to the groups last year and, I believe, the windies didn't. (i think, it seems like a long time ago) you've got to have seedings and seeing as twenty20 rankings aren't being measured why should the windies have the advantage just on merit of playing test cricket.

I'm glad this happened to be honest

Well I didn't know how it was ranked thought they just threw us in the group of death. But fair enough, can't complain with that system.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
India and Ireland will sail through to the S8's.

Bangladesh,dont have much experience in this format.They'll find it hard to win in England,whereas Ireland have the xperience of playing in such conditions.

nikhil_99

International Coach
India's fast bowling is a bit weak this time, Zaheer injured, Ishant not in form... RP Singh is is good from (purple cap in recent IPL)

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
RP, Praveen and Irfan would do it for me if Zak was injured.

karnog

International Cricketer
Dare i say Ireland and Bangladesh to go through :rolleyes:
Lol biggest upset that would be. Mind you France lost to Sengal in the 2002 Football world cup in the first round (and they were defending champions). Stranger things have happened. Lol.
I'm hoping for an all minow affair in the semis. So Ireland, Bangladesh, Netherlands and Scotland showdown. Wouldn't that be a treat!

But seriously judging by the IPL it looks to me like the bottom teams from the previous world cup (in the super-eights) would be in the final.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Irfan may actually be useful in English conditions. I've gone to sleep so many nights hoping that Irfan will rediscover his swing but I've made no headway yet. :p

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
He has the swing but either he is too full or he is too short. Not that ideal length.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^Yes that was an interesting read, but I can't see for the life of me how the West Indies get the #11 seed. Ireland and the Netherlands weren't even at the last T20 world cup yet get seeded above the Windies. Scotland were there last time, but at least scored a point in the group stages unlike WI, yet they are seeded BELOW the Windies. Baffling...

Ah well, who cares now hey? Let's get on with it.

Any Indian fans getting scared after the warm up loss last night?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Pathan can swing it, but he has lost that yard of pace that made him so destructive against Australia way back. Hes done as a Test cricketer, he should focus on the shorter forms of the game now.

Users who are viewing this thread