Sulieman Benn
Jerome Taylor
Lendl Simmons
Xavier Marshall
Dave Bernard

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Australia and Sri Lanka should go through, but West Indies sometimes pose a threat as they shown in some Champions Trophy Tournaments.

I still feel though that these are ODI squads, instead of Twenty20 squads. For example, Hodge should have been included in the squad.

And there is a 's' missing from Angelo Mathews.

Good thing for Sri Lanka is that Dilshan and Malinga are in great form.

Last edited:

Ari

International Cricketer
Group of death here. I have a gut feeling that Sri Lanka will be the team knocked out. Partly because the West Indies have been in England for awhile now and will be far more use to the conditions and I just can't see Gayle not firing for some reason.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
West Indies lost Two Test matches and one ODI match and haven't won any tour match either. So the conditions aren't really helping them.

Sri Lanka have currently a great bowling attack: Muralitharan, Mendis, Kulasekara and Malinga. I find it even better then Australian's bowling attack.

Ari

International Cricketer
Yea but Tests and ODI's are not T20 cricket, the West Indies have not been great in tests for quite some time now so them losing early in the English summer was expected.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Aus could face a surprise exit with both opponents having handy spinners, in SL case two very good ones. If Aus can play the spinners they should make it through but if they struggle like usual who knows.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
This is the toughest group. Anything can happen. You might see each team winning one of their match and things go to required run rate.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
West Indies lost Two Test matches and one ODI match and haven't won any tour match either. So the conditions aren't really helping them.

Sri Lanka have currently a great bowling attack: Muralitharan, Mendis, Kulasekara and Malinga. I find it even better then Australian's bowling attack.

Yes they have a really good attack - I would argue they probably have the best in this tournament, although Pakistan, South Africa and Australia should be pretty good too, maybe England as well if Flintoff plays.

It's not just those 4 guys for SL either: Thusura has looked pretty handy too from what I've seen and Maharoof isn't too bad either, so they have plenty of options. Even the young leftie Udana has been pretty impressive in the SL domestic T20s.

Aus could face a surprise exit with both opponents having handy spinners, in SL case two very good ones. If Aus can play the spinners they should make it through but if they struggle like usual who knows.

I'm hoping (:upray) that this will be less of a problem in T20s for Australia. As opposed to ODIs, where the Aussies seem too scared to attack spinners and have trouble working the gaps well, but in the shortened version they should be more comfortable taking the risks they need to damage the tweakers. Andrew Symonds returning to the middle order should help too, as he likes giving the spinners a tonk.

King Cricket

International Coach
Hew! What a group! :eek: Three ultra top class teams! One 4 times WC winner 1 time CT winner, another 2 times WC winner, 1 time WC runners-up, 1 time CT winner and 1 time CT runners-up, and the other 1 time WC winner, 1 time CT winner, and 1 time WC runners-up.
In this group, Australia= West Indies= Sri Lanka
Will watch the matches of this group very eagerly. Anything can happen here. Simply anything. I'm just dying to know the results. It will be a really exciting contest.
Still, in my opinion, here the Aussies and the Lankys have that very slight edge. Again, you can never under-estimate a very very powerful team like West Indies, which has Chris Gayle- the only man to score a 100 in intl T-20. And everyone here knows that whenever I predict something, it turns the other way round. :p

Gurjot95

National Board President
I dont think WI will be out in 1st round as in previous WC also they were elaminated in 1st round so now they want to reach atleast Super 8 and I am sure they will put lot of effort. So then

Australia or Srilanka will be elaminated which will be great surprise.

King Cricket

International Coach
This is group of death :mad:

Good for Australia, isn't it? ;) :p

King Cricket added 2 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Who knows? This is T20 and Aus can also elaminated in 1st round.

I don't really see any realistic chance of that happening. The Aussies will go- I'm ninety nine decimal nine recurring percent sure. It will either be the Lankys or the Caribbeans who will get eliminated.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
The only group which every team is a Test nation.

I'm expecting Australia and Sri Lanka to get through this group.

Users who are viewing this thread