Group A - 12th Match Ireland v India

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dhoni: I am not, that is for sure. All the guys are here. If you are blaming me, then why don’t one of you stand and…

finish it off ;) finish the line :p

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Ireland got no chance in this match because there will be no one to bowl 3 consecutive slower deliveries on the legstump to O'Brien :D

India need to watch out for Trent Johnson with the new ball, he really swings it back in.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I blame Dhoni. Well he has been crap in T20's recently and apart from England game did nothing in previous edition of tournament as well.

You blame Dhoni for the injury status of the players, just because Dhoni's form is bad in T20's? What a wonderful collaboration?:p:rolleyes:

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

I'll be going to this one as well, presuming it isn't washed out. Should be a laugh.

Laugh? Dont underestimate Ireland. I am a bit worried because India tend to take it so easy when the game counts for little or nothing. I wont be surprised if Ireland pull the carpet from underneath our legs.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Gautam Gambhir
Rohit Sharma
Suresh Raina
Yuvraj Singh
Dinesh Karthik (wk)
Yusuf Pathan
Irfan Pathan
Harbhajan Singh
Praggy Ojha
Praveen Kumar
RP Singh

Let's rest Dhoni and a few key bowlers. Not going to happen, but its an idea.

Who's the captain? Sehwag was the vice captain (I guess for this tournament!) and he has gone back home too.

Also Dinesh Karthik has not been yet approved to join the team (it seems Sehwag has said in the media that his injury was picked during the IPL) and this has complicated matters for a replacement to be flown in (you can replace the player only if he sustains that injury during THIS tournament).

saisrini80 added 5 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

My analysis is based on the IPL matches as well. He just doesn't have the ability to go over the top at the end, which was in view when he was unable to do anything in a low-scoring match that knocked the Royals out of the competition. He scored at a strike rate of only 110 which is only a shade above Kallis'!

About the Dhoni media report, serves the media right. If Dhoni already responded to the question about Sehwag with a, "The BCCI will be issuing a press release about Sehwag's injury" it is completely irresponsible of the media to keep asking him that over and over again, and then to pretend as if it was all Dhoni's fault.

I somehow agree with sohum's analysis of Ravindra Jadeja. He scores at run or ball or just above it. But he doesnt seem to be able to get the big hits going and struggles to dispatch the ball over the boundary that easily under pressure. He gives the feeling that he is trying too hard to put power on the ball and dispatch it. Thats why he might not be that good here. Initially I thought it was just the pressure of being a newcomer. But right now, I feel R Jadeja is not yet fit enough to be a permanent member of the T20 team.

Dont say Dhoni is on the same boat. We've seen Dhoni effortlessly hit big ones. Right now, he is struggling with form and also he takes up too much responsibility on himself since he is the captain.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
You blame Dhoni for the injury status of the players, just because Dhoni's form is bad in T20's? What a wonderful collaboration?:p:rolleyes:

Im saying Viru is useless in current form he was in. Dhoni's form is good just that he has become Dravid.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Daaamn son... is that some banana swing from Irfan or what? At a decent click too (80 mph) though probably still not fast enough to trouble Test batsmen.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Zaheer has now got 3 wicket. Great start by India

friend863 added 7 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Ojha is amazing. Wicket on 1st ball of his 1st over against Bang and Ireland.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
India are playing like they are playing a semifinal or final. Ireland are playing like they have already qualified for the final and are playing a warmup for the final. Just love the intent shown by India. The fielding, bowling everything has been very good. Zaheer has got back his flow and looks all set now.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Pretty disappointing game thus far from a spectator's point of view. Also, this game couldn't have helped India all that much. 3 of the 4 games we've played thus far (including the warm-ups) have been straightforward, not really challenging games.

Watch India's top order collapse now. :spy

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
We had a good tight game vs New Zealand. We made the Pakistan game look easy. Bangladesh match looked tough until Ojha came in and he completed the match then and there.

I dont think India are underplayed as far as challenge is concerned. What matters for them is match practice and they have got a lot of it (they are yet to bat and that will mean more too). I wont worry much regarding challenge because we will face up to tougher teams for sure and do well.

Edit: India gave away too many in the last 3 overs. Thats an area that we got to work on.

Last edited:

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Ireland have done well from the position they were in there. India will win, unless something dramatic happens but Ireland have proved once again that they are a decent side.

Users who are viewing this thread