Group A - 12th Match Ireland v India

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry, I didn't mean to say it like it was England's fault. Of course he choose to do it, but I agree with evertonfan. With Ireland and Scotland having teams now and competing more than in the past they shouldn't be allowed to use players from those places so easily. That would be like us picking players from Australia. Only difference is we're not connected by land. We're still 2 different countries. Here's another question, are Ireland and Scotland allowed to use English players in their side? Since England aren't using a player like, Liam Plunket any more for example, can Scotland get him in their side?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
But he's still Irish and it's England. If we were called Great Britain or the United Kingdom or whatever then fine, but he's Irish and he's played for Ireland already. It's just not cricket.
You don't need to be English to play for England. If you are saying these things about Morgan, I'm surprised you don't say them about Kevin Pietersen. If you come from anywhere on earth and live here for 4 years you can play for the cricket team.

irottev

School Cricketer
Yeah, but i'm sure Pietersen has done his thing where he's an Englishman now. Morgan's still irish right? And was playing for Ireland a year ago?

I'm not complaining because England is getting benefit, he doesn't seem good enough for England, just a shame he isn't with his home side.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Sorry, I didn't mean to say it like it was England's fault. Of course he choose to do it, but I agree with evertonfan. With Ireland and Scotland having teams now and competing more than in the past they shouldn't be allowed to use players from those places so easily. That would be like us picking players from Australia. Only difference is we're not connected by land. We're still 2 different countries. Here's another question, are Ireland and Scotland allowed to use English players in their side? Since England aren't using a player like, Liam Plunket any more for example, can Scotland get him in their side?
Scotland's captain for the T20 was Gavin Hamilton, who has played a Test for England.

skater added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Yeah, but i'm sure Pietersen has done his thing where he's an Englishman now. Morgan's still irish right? And was playing for Ireland a year ago?
He has a British passport.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
Aus,Bangladesh,Scotland out of competition.K O'Brien and NO'Brien helped Ireland to make it into Super 8...Now lets see who gets eliminated, Pak or Netherlands

Last edited:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
88293925.jpg

hey they spelled it right!

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I just don't think it's right that Morgan plays for England because it's unfair on Ireland to lose a good player. Surely you would want to promote cricket in nations such as Ireland. If they have more good players then they can win more matches and more Irish people will want to play cricket. If you take away their good players, they're just going to get hammered.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Who would have thought we could see both Ireland and Holland in the top 8! Very disappointing batting performance by Bangladesh, I thought they had that part sorted.
Solid all round performance by Ireland.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
This guy has a choice between making no money in Ireland or making lots of it in England. What do you expect him to do. Till the ICC do something it'll stay the same.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Well wouldn't it be good if Ireland were to become pretty good and started to play test cricket, whats the chances Ireland actually gets enough good players to be able for that to happen?

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
This guy has a choice between making no money in Ireland or making lots of it in England. What do you expect him to do. Till the ICC do something it'll stay the same.

Yeh, not blaming him. Cricket's just a sport after all. Money generally comes first. It's the governing bodies that should do something about it.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
I am really glad Ireland won. These Bangladesh guys really disturb the tournament by bringing in a huge upset. Thank God, it didn't happen this time!

Buh-Bye Bangladesh :wave

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Under the Euro Regulation ,I believe that players from Ireland,England and Scotland can represent each other.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I suppose the whole Irish/English eligibility has to do with the employment laws?

Anyhow, wonder what team India's going to go in with tomorrow, seeing that this is a dead rubber match, pretty much. I'd want Sehwag to be fit and maybe pop him in and give Gambhir a rest. I wouldn't want to get Rohit Sharma out of his groove at the top, though! Possibly this XI:

1. Sehwag
2. R Sharma
3. Raina
4. Yuvraj
5. Dhoni+*
6. Yusuf
7. Irfan
8. Bhajji
9. PK
10. Ishant
11. Ojha

I think PK's probably worth more than RP or a semi-fit Zaheer Khan. It'd be good to test him out against the Irish, just to see if he's getting his swing going.

Users who are viewing this thread